Yellow | Fedex crushing YRCW-plan backfires

Jeff this observation my may be true, but it wasn't many years ago all you would here is" Roadway could cut rates and lose money for 10 years if needed and never touch their savings. My point is, they were the hunter and and whoever they wanted was the prey. They choose not to hunt and look at them now. GRIZZ

big_fish_little_fish.JPG

[size=36pt]If You Fail[/size]​

[quote author=Grizz link=topic=78397.msg814518#msg814518 date=1269087576]
Jeff this observation my may be true, but it wasn't many years ago all you would here is" Roadway could cut rates and lose money for 10 years if needed and never touch their savings. My point is, they were the hunter and and whoever they wanted was the prey. They choose not to hunt and look at them now. GRIZZ
[/quote]

When I was working for a small carrier, years ago, Roadway was seen as the king of the longhaul, When I worked for Fredrickson Motor Express, I don't think that Roadway could pick up and deliver in the same state of NC... I think that all changed in 95 when the rules changed (Thats when Saia and AF came to NC)

this whole process revolves around cash flow.... Yellow somehow got caught with their pants down and did not anticipate the economy virtually collapsing, then they did not act fast enough on the merger, too many overlapping service centers, to much dead weight with two terminal managers and sales staff competing against each other. I bet alot of advisor heads rolled over that decision.

Cash flow will be the only thing that will put YRC in my opinion in the game again... and the only way they will do that is if they get the people back to work to service all the freight in a timely manner that they have and build on that.

From what I hear, YRC has plenty of freight but they are not utilizing the manpower to service it properly and that goes back to the cash flow problem and that has to be the reason the freight is not being serviced the way it needs to be...

I wish all the people at YRC nothing but the best but it's out of our hands, all I think the people who work there can do is do your job as efficient as possible and make the company money instead of costing them money.

We all have dreams and we all have families to take care of, and even though alot of people would like to see YRC fold, I am not one of them and most people are not either, it takes one butt head to make everyone look bad.

(These are just one truck drivers opinions and do not reflect the views of any trucking company or my employer)

[quote author=Irishman107 link=topic=78397.msg814147#msg814147 date=1268942248]
FedEx’s 3Q Income Improves

FedEx Corp. said Thursday its fiscal third-quarter profit and revenue increased from a year ago, citing an improving global economy.

Net income rose to $239 million, or 76 cents per share, from $97 million, or 31 cents, a year ago.

Revenue for the quarter ended Feb. 28 rose 7% to $8.7 billion, the company said in a statement.

Despite the improvement, less-than-truckload unit FedEx Freight’s operating loss widened to $107 million, from an operating loss of $59 million a year ago, though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion
http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base..._medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newslette
[/quote]I am scratching my head about the Topic Title. Fedex Crushing .... YRCW-plan ... blah blah blah. Where does it say YRCW tried to crush Fred? The fact is Fred went after YRCW and that is why Fred made some money. The title should read ... 'Underhanded Tactics by FredEx to try and put YRCW out of business FAILED but the Volume they got from stealing customers paid off.

[quote author=wild deuce link=topic=78397.msg815432#msg815432 date=1269284887]

FedEx Corp. said Thursday its fiscal third-quarter profit and revenue increased from a year ago, citing an improving global economy.

Net income rose to $239 million, or 76 cents per share, from $97 million, or 31 cents, a year ago.

Revenue for the quarter ended Feb. 28 rose 7% to $8.7 billion, the company said in a statement.

Despite the improvement, less-than-truckload unit FedEx Freight’s operating loss widened to $107 million, from an operating loss of $59 million a year ago, though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion
[/quote]I am scratching my head about the Topic Title. Fedex Crushing .... YRCW-plan ... blah blah blah. Where does it say YRCW tried to crush Fred? The fact is Fred went after YRCW and that is why Fred made some money. The title should read ... 'Underhanded Tactics by FredEx to try and put YRCW out of business FAILED [size=12pt]but the Volume they got from stealing customers paid off.[/size]
[/quote]

negative-get out your calculator.. FedEx Freight’s operating loss widened to $107 million, from an operating loss of $59 million a year ago, though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion

they lost $48M more than last year though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion

[quote author=Bernard Shakey link=topic=78397.msg815440#msg815440 date=1269287138]
the joe thinks yrc will make a profit this quarter. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Yep, Laid-off more everywhere, Cut all the managers back, Let freight sit everywhere just to try the get the first qtr. numbers looking good. Probably still won't help..

[quote author=Bernard Shakey link=topic=78397.msg815440#msg815440 date=1269287138]
the joe thinks yrc will make a profit this quarter. :biglaugh:
[/quote]

yes, that is hilario-us--
YRC Worldwide Inc. Announces Earnings Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year Ended December 31, 2009

— 08:43 AM ET 03/20/2010

YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW

YRCW YRC WORLDWIDE, INC. 0.4491
Change +0.0291 (+6.93%) AS OF 4:00 PM ET 03/22/10.
Quotes delayed at least 15 minutes. Chart for YRCW

announced earnings results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2009. The debt-for-equity swap gave the company $193.9 million boost in the form of debt redemption in the fourth quarter. That not only helped narrow its annual loss but pushed its fourth-quarter bottom line into the black. It went from an $87 million operating loss to $119.5 million net profit for the period. http://eresearch.fidelity.com/erese...__736-99774855192089-20100319&hlinks=vnhl

next quarter--
images

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=78397.msg815436#msg815436 date=1269285566]
[quote author=wild deuce link=topic=78397.msg815432#msg815432 date=1269284887]

[/quote]I am scratching my head about the Topic Title. Fedex Crushing .... YRCW-plan ... blah blah blah. Where does it say YRCW tried to crush Fred? The fact is Fred went after YRCW and that is why Fred made some money. The title should read ... 'Underhanded Tactics by FredEx to try and put YRCW out of business FAILED [size=12pt]but the Volume they got from stealing customers paid off.[/size]
[/quote]

negative-get out your calculator.. FedEx Freight’s operating loss widened to $107 million, from an operating loss of $59 million a year ago, though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion

they lost $48M more than last year though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion
[/quote]Maybe they are toooo big. I have been saying that someone is going to wish they had downsized with YRCW instead of waiting for YRCW to go out of business. YRCW is still here and leaner than it's competition.

I would watch and see if ups doesn't buy another ltl carrier, only to close them up, and take the market share they had...

Posted by: wild deuce
« on: March 24, 2010, 03:00:51 PM » Maybe they are toooo big. I have been saying that someone is going to wish they had downsized with YRCW instead of waiting for YRCW to go out of business. YRCW is still here and leaner than it's competition.

Despite the improvement, less-than-truckload unit FedEx Freight’s operating loss widened to $107 million, from an operating loss of $59 million a year ago, though revenue rose 14% to $1.04 billion- according to transport topics

YRC went from an $87 million operating loss to $119.5 million net profit for the period.-according to an article on the Fidelity site
no lie​

[quote author=brysf150 link=topic=78397.msg816656#msg816656 date=1269615614]
The "profit" was from the bond for stock deal. They don't have any gimmicks for this quarter.
[/quote]
Yea the ones who think we made a profit in the 4th qtr
are just reaching and hoping........ Must have not looked at the operating ratio's for that qtr. They would see it's impossible to show a profit with these numbers..........Wasn't for the DFE swap, We would have lost 95.4 million in the 4th.

Operating ratio:
YRC National
Transportation 112.1%
YRC Regional
Transportation 101.5%
YRC Logistics 99.4%
YRC Truckload 109.1%
Consolidated 108.3%

the accounting rules and and the stock manipulation may be a joke but the debt will be paid off just like it was always paid off in past acquisitions
154.gif

[quote author=brysf150 link=topic=78397.msg816656#msg816656 date=1269615614]
The "profit" was from the bond for stock deal. They don't have any gimmicks for this quarter.
[/quote]No more gimmicks. I've been hearing that one for about a year now. Just when you think YRCW is out of gimmicks, they produce another one. The debt swap was'nt as much a gimmick as it was do or die to get rid of 1/3 of the debt. The next 'gimmick' has already come to light. It's sitting on a senator's desk in Washington DC right now.