FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight chief says LTL rivals instigated customer cutoffs

Fedex makes themselves look better everyday
The Chief said, they will be putting more resources into, heavy home delivery too.... That should go well, appliances, furniture, maybe some pool tables? Er, yeah Big Dave, I need that dresser in the upstairs bedroom, 3rd door down the hall, and the new toilet goes in the guest bath, after you take out the old one. Raj said your white glove service includes vacuuming before you leave also....

The Chief said, they will be putting more resources into, heavy home delivery too.... That should go well, appliances, furniture, maybe some pool tables? Er, yeah Big Dave, I need that dresser in the upstairs bedroom, 3rd door down the hall, and the new toilet goes in the guest bath, after you take out the old one. Raj said your white glove service includes vacuuming before you leave also....
Damnit! Wish I could transfer back to city without losing my seniority! That sounds fun!

I think he also believes that the Republicans led the "Defund the Police" effort and caused the crisis at our borders....what a crock of B.S.....
He's full of ::shit::. Our barn has been refusing freight or missing pickups for years. Long before other LTL's starting having an issue. The RDP trucks are supposed to be residential only but yet they get mostly businesses while the liftgate pups get mostly residential. Then they try to send the drivers with the van peddle routes to the residentials to help them unload. They got 1 electric pallet jack for 5 straight trucks and 8 liftgates to share.

He's full of ****. Our barn has been refusing freight or missing pickups for years. Long before other LTL's starting having an issue. The RDP trucks are supposed to be residential only but yet they get mostly businesses while the liftgate pups get mostly residential. Then they try to send the drivers with the van peddle routes to the residentials to help them unload. They got 1 electric pallet jack for 5 straight trucks and 8 liftgates to share.
You must work at the worst terminal in the entire system.

Hey, my dispatcher didn't hesitate to cut off deliveries to make pickups. His philosophy was
that we already had that freight (cut off delv) and needed to get new freight (pickups).

He had a point, I must say!
At least yours wants the pickups. Ours cuts off pickups so they can get the deliveries done. They cut off pickups around 9-10 am most days. Usually before we even get out. We have so many pissed off customers it's rediculous. We pick up half a trailer or less just so they can all of a sudden cut o.t.

At least yours wants the pickups. Ours cuts off pickups so they can get the deliveries done. They cut off pickups around 9-10 am most days. Usually before we even get out. We have so many pissed off customers it's rediculous. We pick up half a trailer or less just so they can all of a sudden cut o.t.
Sounds like a winning business model to me!

Sounds like a winning business model to me!
They told us today that across the U.S. they'll be hiring Class B drivers to run all the straight trucks. Supposedly for around $21/hr. That if their truck breaks down or nothing to fill it they'd be put on dock that day. Pissed several guys off because they take the straight truck for the earlier start times. Now they get bumped back to late times because of seniority so newbies can start earlier than them.

They told us today that across the U.S. they'll be hiring Class B drivers to run all the straight trucks. Supposedly for around $21/hr. That if their truck breaks down or nothing to fill it they'd be put on dock that day. Pissed several guys off because they take the straight truck for the earlier start times. Now they get bumped back to late times because of seniority so newbies can start earlier than them.
So you guys bid runs? We have always bid start times only.

You better use a higher grade of butter and stop with the fake stuff .
Dispatchers and supervisors have a keen sense of smell and taste for
free foodstuffs . Not that I don't like free hot dogs .
S
You better use a higher grade of butter and stop with the fake stuff .
Dispatchers and supervisors have a keen sense of smell and taste for
free foodstuffs . Not that I don't like free hot dogs .
Sir, for your information I only use Kerrygold Butter!