FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight chief says LTL rivals instigated customer cutoffs

Yeah right and if I were one of those customers I would tell Fedex to F.O. and never use them again. These times are coming to a halt eventually. I personally think it’s already started but it won’t last forever and sooner or later Fedex will be looking for customers.

Yeah right and if I were one of those customers I would tell Fedex to F.O. and never use them again. These times are coming to a halt eventually. I personally think it’s already started but it won’t last forever and sooner or later Fedex will be looking for customers.
We already are back to picking up the customers again. At our center we dropped 3 but their all back.

They can’t tell us to FO when they have no options because every company is overwhelmed

They can’t tell us to FO when they have no options because every company is overwhelmed
They can too! That was handled extremely poorly! To completely cut off a customer! WTF?! I get we are busy, but you can cut them back to so many shipments a week instead.

Nope FEDEX so bye bye and cuddled up to BIG money accounts. It will slow down and I hope the mom and pops tell FedEx F.O.!

They can too! That was handled extremely poorly! To completely cut off a customer! WTF?! I get we are busy, but you can cut them back to so many shipments a week instead.

Nope FEDEX so bye bye and cuddled up to BIG money accounts. It will slow down and I hope the mom and pops tell FedEx F.O.!
I agree it was handled poorly, everybody else is having capacity issues also, so who would they call? FedEx reversed their decision anyways. They cuddled up to big money accounts? What a travesty! Geezus…

Do you even work here? Why the hell would you want customers to tell your employer to FO?

Do you even work here? Why the hell would you

want customers to tell your employer to FO?
Yep! 25 years! I'm sick of FedEx thinking that mom and pop's should be greatful that they are pulling in there driveway! Every customer is valuable. National account's are good until someone low balls your price and takes it then you need small business!

Hope it bites them in the ass so whatever pencil pusher that thought this up gets canned! I and many like me will take CC days so people below us can work until fedex begs small business to come back.
Do you even work here? Why the hell would you want customers to tell your employer to FO?

Yep! 25 years! I'm sick of FedEx thinking that mom and pop's should be greatful that they are pulling in there driveway! Every customer is valuable. National account's are good until someone low balls your price and takes it then you need small business!

Hope it bites them in the ass so whatever pencil pusher that thought this up gets canned! I and many like me will take CC days so people below us can work until fedex begs small business to come back.
You have probably been complaining for everyone of those 25 years also, yet here you are. $10.00 says you coworkers hate the sound of your voice.

Last edited:

You keep saying moms and pops but the 3 we stopped picking up were big companies.

Bet! Lazy one's that don't do there job do. Other's hope I'm in there meetings because I don't back down from management, but I do it professionally. I ask the questions Other's are scared to ask.
That solidifies my first impression, we have a guy like that at my barn. He thinks he is standing up for everyone, but in reality he lacks critical thinking and makes himself look like an ass.

I understand and agree with many of these posts for sure. Some humorous some serious some concern for the greater good of FXF. One common thread is confusion. Since we don’t understand what management is trying to accomplish we are confused.
The old ways of delivering and picking up freight are soon to be over. You can’t run a freight operation like… We are sort of kinda like a freight operation and kinda like a home delivery operation. Yes we will still service our large customers. That will be done by city drivers who have seniority and just want to do a good job.
This operation is evolving into a place desperate to find anyone who will drive a small box truck and work for reduced wages.
If we don’t change now…All of our futures will be determined by Amazon and all the other small startups who will deliver for Amazon or whoever has a small delivery up on a board for bidding.
Harsh Yes. But it is Reality in 2021. Adapt and Innovate or Rot from the inside out. You see it every day or night, dummies who couldn’t gallop a goose to crap. That is our new competition.