FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight prunes 1,400 customers to protect service levels

I got word that all packages delivered will be left at the front door.

NOT delivered to say a apartment or house anywhere on the property anywhere. Fex ex and UPS has laid down the law and hammered it with notifying us that any of the crap we buy on line is subject to theft if we are not right there on the curb when the little truck pulls up and tosses the package to the grass and you be double damned.

I am essentially taking time off from online buying. Carefully seeing whats possible which means US Post Office again. (Ugh...)

I had a package fail to delvier last week, I just finished up the clawback against the shipper who shipped by UPS. They threw it out onto the curb or so they claim. But customer support knows nothing shipper told me tough tittie your loss. *Rashberry.

My bank went to war and clawed back the money. Done.

See how they like it when a million people in this state lose their ::shit:: due to the lazy UPS and FedEx crap and claw back millions of purchasing.

NOT delivered to say a apartment or house anywhere on the property anywhere. Fex ex and UPS has laid down the law and hammered it with notifying us that any of the crap we buy on line is subject to theft if we are not right there on the curb when the little truck pulls up and tosses the package to the grass and you be double damned.

I am essentially taking time off from online buying. Carefully seeing whats possible which means US Post Office again. (Ugh...)

I had a package fail to delvier last week, I just finished up the clawback against the shipper who shipped by UPS. They threw it out onto the curb or so they claim. But customer support knows nothing shipper told me tough tittie your loss. *Rashberry.

See how they like it when a million people in this state lose their **** due to the lazy UPS and FedEx crap and claw back millions of purchasing.

Hasn't delivered packages always been subject to theft? Even if they walked it to an apartment door, someone can still steal it.

As for them being lazy, I don't think that's the case either. Have you ever done the job? Lazy won't get you far. They're probably understaffed like everyone else and can't keep up with the demand. Trying to get as much done as possible in a certainn amount of time. They have full trailers sitting in yards, which means they're probably running out of equipment.

Have some empathy. See it from the point of view of those trying to get it done, doing the best they can with what they have.

See how they like it when a million people in this state lose their **** due to the lazy UPS and FedEx crap and claw back millions of purchasing.
Good! That will save time from having to call in a claim at every delivery! The residential stuff is always torn up.

In this thread we find out who knee-jerks, and has no concept of business.

I think you'd be suprised at how cheaply those 1,400 were getting their freight shipped for. Like a 90% discount.
Old contract agreements that are no longer profitable. Odd sized freight, and high likelyhood of damage. I guarantee Fx is not losing $ on this deal. If those 1,400 customers had freight that was highly profitable to ship, Fx would obviously do it.
This is trimming old fat, nothing more.
Let the garbage men carry the garbage.

One of 2 things will happen.
A: Fx rids itself of freight that is COSTING Fx $ to ship, and good riddance.
B: Other carriers can't take up the slack, shipment times go unfulfilled. Customer comes back to Fx to renegotiate, Fx charges them enough to make shipping their freight profitable again.

Unprofessional way to do it? As opposed to what?
They simply ripped the Band-Aid off all at once, instead of Micky Mousing around with it.

Fx makes more money per shipment.
Less shipment means less drivers needed. Don't panic. No one is getting laid off. They just won't need to hire in a market where they'd have to basically take anyone that applied (bottom of barrel).

Now, the variable is Fx doing the right thing in regards to their loyal crew, and getting pay and benefits to a respectible level.
I can't believe you would question the knowledge of a truck driver!

Has anyone heard from their TM what customers? We asked all of our management and they had a deer in the headlights look . I was wondering why and if other centers know anything about who or what is going on with this . I understand article but what is mgmt saying .

Has anyone heard from their TM what customers? We asked all of our management and they had a deer in the headlights look . I was wondering why and if other centers know anything about who or what is going on with this . I understand article but what is mgmt saying .
We were told no worries it won't affect us here. What a bunch of BS...

If I called the outfit and told them I needed 10 tractor trailers to load widgets for a certain price paid, I expect 10 trucks.

IF the outfit tells me to jump off a cliff because my outfit is too bad in loading 10 trucks in a timely manner? I will have to either buy tractor trailers or find another carrier. It is not likely I will be calling the first outfit who told me that my freight has no value ever again.
Just curious, what r u gonna do with 10 trailer loads of widgets?

Does it really matter what customers were chosen to cut back on? Will it help you sleep at night and alleviate your anxiety knowing FXF isn’t hauling Bob’s widgets anymore? The overall impact looks to be around a 4-5% reduction in daily shipment count that was flooding the network. Just trimmed a little fat. Nothing to stress over folks. Don’t let Timmy Teamster that started this thread rattle your cage.

Does it really matter what customers were chosen to cut back on? Will it help you sleep at night and alleviate your anxiety knowing FXF isn’t hauling Bob’s widgets anymore? The overall impact looks to be around a 4-5% reduction in daily shipment count that was flooding the network. Just trimmed a little fat. Nothing to stress over folks. Don’t let Timmy Teamster that started this thread rattle your cage.
Just a little communication goes a long way. I kinda of like it it’s a two way street your tm if you don’t like fine but a well informed center is a good thing in my eyes. And why don’t they communicate is a huge problem but I know not in your world

Hasn't delivered packages always been subject to theft? Even if they walked it to an apartment door, someone can still steal it.

As for them being lazy, I don't think that's the case either. Have you ever done the job? Lazy won't get you far. They're probably understaffed like everyone else and can't keep up with the demand. Trying to get as much done as possible in a certainn amount of time. They have full trailers sitting in yards, which means they're probably running out of equipment.

Have some empathy. See it from the point of view of those trying to get it done, doing the best they can with what they have.
It does not matter what you think.

Ive said my piece. Empathy certainly.

What I see more than anything from you with that post is that outsiders or those who have not experienced the new changes this month from stores on down to home delivery and losing their ::shit::.... well... they are going to speak out.

Fed ex and UPS will see a great deal of damage to their business. I already am seeking new sources to delvier via DHL, Conway etc.

Last edited:

What I see more than anything from you with that post is that outsiders or those who have not experienced the new changes this month from stores on down to home delivery and losing their ****.... well... they are going to speak out.

Fed ex and UPS will see a great deal of damage to their business. I already am seeking new sources to delvier via DHL, Conway etc.

FedEx and UPS aren't going anywhere. People will not stop ordering online and they get paid for delivering the item, if you got it or not. If you're not satisfied with the service, don't use it. I would stop doing business with a company that refused to do right on a sale I never received.

I've never had to file a police report for a package. Usually, I give the seller a chance to make right. If they don't, I contact my credit card company and they resolve it. Use credit cards, not debit cards. It's easier to resolve.

I never said that you can't speak because you never did the job.. I'm saying you can't say people are lazy because you're not satisfied.

FedEx freight bumped 1400 customers because they can't keep up with it all. FedEx ground and UPS don't have that option. They have to continue to make their pickups and move trailers. They're also understaffed. Evidence being that UPS is hiring every position off the street. That doesn't happen, they must be desperate.

Listen I know you could give a rats ass about the people who work here, but if those 1400 customers don't come back fed ex will be forced to "trim fat" that means drivers, office personnel, and dock workers. It won't effect us now because we are behind, but when things get slow the people at the bottom of seniority chart should be worried.

What I see more than anything from you with that post is that outsiders or those who have not experienced the new changes this month from stores on down to home delivery and losing their ****.... well... they are going to speak out.

DHL? Ha! You made a halfway decent case until you brought them in as a viable (reliable) option.

Then Conway? Certainly you mean XPO, right?