FedEx Freight | Fedex lose Ruling over union organizing

although I am not a fed-ex employee, is the article infering that a unretuned ballot will now be counted as a 'yes' vote ??

Nope. Apparently the rule now is they have to have a majority (51%) of all members eligible to vote. The new purposed rule is they only have to have a majority of the people that actually submitted a vote. That leaves the people that didn't vote out of the equation for counting making it easier to organize.

This could help an employee clear up a few things that are posted about on this thread.
Sure would help out with the overweight problem, and you would know when your holiday is in advance.
Just a thought !!

[quote author=JPS link=topic=81501.msg841408#msg841408 date=1277746624]
This could help an employee clear up a few things that are posted about on this thread.
Sure would help out with the overweight problem, and you would know when your holiday is in advance.
Just a thought !!
[/quote]
Huh??????????????????

[quote author=Lazer link=topic=81501.msg841085#msg841085 date=1277660101]
although I am not a fed-ex employee, is the article infering that a unretuned ballot will now be counted as a 'yes' vote ??
[/quote]
No, it won't be counted either way, as if that person didn't exist by choosing not to respond.

Just a thought !!
[/quote]

The trivial issues we have at FedEx are not worth getting a for profit third party involved. Besides the Unions have made thier services to expensive for the working man and the company.

[quote author=Jinx40 link=topic=81501.msg841435#msg841435 date=1277753119]
Just a thought !!
[/quote]

The trivial issues we have at FedEx are not worth getting a for profit third party involved. Besides the Unions have made thier services to expensive for the working man and the company.
[/quote]

Compared our socalled pension against theirs lately? Hardly trivial.

Just asking; why would I want to pay whatever a month to deal with that aggravation ? I know, how about I pay 50 bucks a week for the teamsters to stay OUT of my workplace ?

2 1/2 times your hourly wage per month $20.00 per hour = $ 40.00 for dues
Pretty cheap if you get your behind into trouble. And you can claim it on your Taxes
I guess if they fire you ya all can call the US Marshall ?

[quote author=Lazer link=topic=81501.msg841085#msg841085 date=1277660101]
[/quote]

The next step for the Teamsters and the liberals is to get your "NO" vote to count as a "YES" and then get rid of the vote all together. I know it's hard to believe the Libs and the Teamsters would join forces in something shady....

I don't understand why someone wouldn't vote one way or the other. It's like regular voting.

If you don't vote, STFU!

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=81501.msg841926#msg841926 date=1277858722]
You tell em Franklin. I guess some people feel that democracy is best only when it suits their own needs.
[/quote]

And that it's (⊙▃⊙)sm when it doesn't fit their needs.

[quote author=thebeerboy link=topic=81501.msg841715#msg841715 date=1277821705]
Just asking; why would I want to pay whatever a month to deal with that aggravation ? I know, how about I pay 50 bucks a week for the teamsters to stay OUT of my workplace ?
[/quote] :clap:lol now that's a good one. I love it.

yes those think the union will do some thing for you ???? think this did union help these guys when these outfit close there door?? :chairshot: CF,PIE,nationways name a some company not around any more. Nothing you just make those union rep get rich by your hard earn money paid your union due so they can drive cadilac and you taking the bus to work They live in the nice home you live in apartment now that is some different why we do not need union to represent us. :grouphug:

[quote author=chopstick link=topic=81501.msg846049#msg846049 date=1278920520]
why we do not need union to represent us.[/quote]

Is that because they listen to us so well now?