FedEx Freight | FedEx possible Union target now?

The new framework means companies that are found to have committed illegal acts during unionization-election efforts will be forced to immediately bargain with the union rather than just have to run the election again – which is what happened previously.

Bruce Chan of Stifel Financial/ Global Logistics was quoted saying “with the new aggressive leadership of the Teamsters i see FedEx & Amazon as two high priority targets of O’Brien and the Teamsters now”.

I think the timing of this was interesting with what happened this week with YRC, not to mention them flexing their muscles with what they accomplished with UPS, ABF, and TForce. I do talk to and listen to a lot of guys around this place and i know people are unhappy with the direction of FDXF with closing of terminals, them not going after freight while guys are sitting home, the rise of PT, the healthcare, just to name a few. These topics have always been concerns of ours for years around here i know, but now we’re seeing the mergers of operating divisions here now and people worried about contractors taking their linehaul runs too now. Basically just a lot of very low moral is the point. So my question is could this be a perfect storm where FedEx having another push but more aggressive be a reality? I’m not advocating for a union or not whatsoever, nor do i care what your opinions are on the unions, we all have our own thoughts on them and i respect ALL the opinions of all of you guys. But after hearing the interview with that guy on FW it just got me thinking that maybe we are a ripe target for them considering everything going on.
The union won’t happen at freight! Get that wet dream out of your head. If you want change, change your scenery. Walk out and find a new job. That will hurt them the most. I know a bunch of drivers are just waiting for the economy to pick up a bit and they’re gone. This scenario happens nationwide and FedEx is screwed! Once they get labeled as a bad place for drivers, no one will go there except scrubs or greenhorns. Think of AAA Cooper or southeastern. Insert any name of crappy company you want.

The union won’t happen at freight! Get that wet dream out of your head. If you want change, change your scenery. Walk out and find a new job. That will hurt them the most. I know a bunch of drivers are just waiting for the economy to pick up a bit and they’re gone. This scenario happens nationwide and FedEx is screwed! Once they get labeled as a bad place for drivers, no one will go there except scrubs or greenhorns. Think of AAA Cooper or southeastern. Insert any name of crappy company you want.
Gotta disagree. Never? I wouldn't be so sure. There is a line that once crossed could trigger the masses. Unlikely? Maybe, but never say never.

Leaving is foolish, without trying to correct the trend here 1st. Unless of course you are leaving the industry for a 40 hour(ish) gig.

Southeastern crappy? Again, many of our drivers have found happiness there AND at Old Dominion. More than a couple.

Gotta disagree. Never? I wouldn't be so sure. There is a line that once crossed could trigger the masses. Unlikely? Maybe, but never say never.

Leaving is foolish, without trying to correct the trend here 1st. Unless of course you are leaving the industry for a 40 hour(ish) gig.

Southeastern crappy? Again, many of our drivers have found happiness there AND at Old Dominion. More than a couple.
Many FedEx employees came from southeastern and Cooper many years ago because they were what FedEx has turned into today!

The new framework means companies that are found to have committed illegal acts during unionization-election efforts will be forced to immediately bargain with the union rather than just have to run the election again – which is what happened previously.
There will be no more new teamster LTL carriers
The disaster engineered by the teamsters will end all organizing of LTL carriers for many years to come.
If SOB did not care about losing 22,000 teamster jobs why would he organize anyone else?
In addition any company that is a target all they need to do it show the employees the Yellow Board on TB?
Organizing pole dancers, maybe... LTL Carriers not for many many years....

There will be no more new teamster LTL carriers
The disaster engineered by the teamsters will end all organizing of LTL carriers for many years to come.
If SOB did not care about losing 22,000 teamster jobs why would he organize anyone else?
In addition any company that is a target all they need to do it show the employees the Yellow Board on TB?
Organizing pole dancers, maybe... LTL Carriers not for many many years....

It doesn’t make a difference. Back then they pointed to Yellow and will continue to do the same today. It’s easy to manipulate low information voters. (The one’s who only read the headline above the fold)

Edit:
That means a newspaper for our members in Rio Linda (r.i.p. Rush)

It doesn’t make a difference. Back then they pointed to Yellow and will continue to do the same today. It’s easy to manipulate low information voters. (The one’s who only read the headline above the fold)

Edit:
That means a newspaper for our members in Rio Linda (r.i.p. Rush)
Rush is sorely missed.