XPO | first speeding ticket

sorry.....

Don't work. Neither do tears, threatening to kill the kids screaming in the back seat that the cops are going to take us to jail or smiling sweetly at the cop. They have black, cold hearts!! :hide:

Oh and the cop that said "you were doing 60 in a 55" was totally confused when I said that my speedometer didn't read 60. He asked what was it? I said "59". Took him a few seconds to have a comeback of blah blah blah. I don't recall what he said. But I didnt' get a ticket.

(That's profilin', isn't it, and profilin' is wrong..

I love Ron White

Get to court early, find out if your cop is there, if not then plead not guilty. And how do you know his radar is correct?? There have been cases where sign posts were clocked at 55 mph....

And I have also heard the argument from a DUI suspect who said that same sign post jumped right out in front of him and cut him off...I say we need to keep a closer eye on those sign posts...something going on there...

speeding tickets

Well i got my first speeding ticket ever in my life (only 25 years old) and it happened in a commercial vehicle.
For those in california, it was on the 5 north at gorman, right when the 45mph zone turns into a 35 mph zone, the CHP tagged me at 48mph...

Got a court date and everything, it's in Kern county, and i live in Orange county. (2ish hour drive). The officer was telling me that i should come to my court date because i have a good chance to win if i fight it...

...anyone with any experience got any advice?
im guessing lawyers are pretty expensive, but i know it's worth it to keep my record spotless....

i dont understand the concept though of fighting it? im young and naive lol, i got caught, what the hell am i supposed to say? are there any particulars like not admitting to it, or making some crap excuses like i missed a gear or his radar could have been off or scanned someone else, or my speedometer was off or some other crap?

or should i just take this ticket like a man, pay my fines, blemish my record, and drive like granny for the next 12 months?

advice would be greatly appreciated.

The state im from and the surrounding states, it's all about the revenue. When i get a speeding ticket in another county or another state, i call the state's attorney or the circuit clerk's office where court is going to be held and explain to them i have a clean record and would like to keep it clean. They have alway's worked with me. Sometimes you don't even have to go to court, taken care of over the phone, fined me, kept my record clean, and went on with my life, spotless record i might add.:1036316054:

Good luck, i hope it work's out for you.