Yellow | First wave of Yellow terminals will go for $1.9B; sale process ongoing

Roadway had a Carlstadt terminal they sold it and put us into the Yellow terminal a few blocks away in Carlstadt also. A huge scaffolding company from Brooklyn bought the Roadway Building.
Roadway had a location in West Paterson for a while also.

Anchor5 "They bought Overnite and struck a deal that they would not fight the teamsters AT ALL and in return they could pay a large sum and get out of joint pension."
You are failing to mention that it was the UPS Teamsters who ultimately VOTED to accept UPS' CONTRACT offering. And the money the various MEPF agreed to were the withdrawal penalties. NOT a gift to the Teamsters.
It is too bad some members here are doing their best to illustrate my Ben Franklin quote.
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”

Roadway had a Carlstadt terminal they sold it and put us into the Yellow terminal a few blocks away in Carlstadt also. A huge scaffolding company from Brooklyn bought the Roadway Building.
Lucky the GPS talks to me that's crazy getting into that area on and off the ramps by the stadiums or whatever them big buildings are. I definitely don't want to take a wrong turn.

Guess I wasn't a cop or fireman! :duh:
You were lucky then. Back in the day, God I wish I didn't sat that I switched midnight shift at Johnson Motor Lines which was next door to Roadway. Stash would come outside in the mornings and tell me through the fence he needed 20 casuals that day and was anyone walking at our barn to send them over. Nobody would ever go there back then they would try to kill you with 40 deliveries on one of those orange tin cans. But you know that you work for almost every carrier in New Jersey back then.

You were lucky then. Back in the day, God I wish I didn't sat that I switched midnight shift at Johnson Motor Lines which was next door to Roadway. Stash would come outside in the mornings and tell me through the fence he needed 20 casuals that day and was anyone walking at our barn to send them over. Nobody would ever go there back then they would try to kill you with 40 deliveries on one of those orange tin cans. But you know that you work for almost every carrier in New Jersey back then.
Too bad you can't work everywhere and get that same great healthcare and pension contributions like they did then.
Great deal for the working man.

Anchor5 FYI UPS did not withdraw from every MEPF they participated in. They are still a contributing employer to the Teamsters Local 710 Pension Fund. Because the 710 Teamsters have rejected, over and over, UPS' proposal to withdraw and whose fund is OVERFUNDED and will be raising the retirement benefits to many of their retirees.

You mean like this? :hysterical:

RoadwayJitterbug.md.jpeg

That's how I transitioned into freight from UPS Feeder (what was I thinking?) I had a late night start time at UPS so I shaped at Roadway South Kearny on Mondays to try out freight. I was pretty much always working nights at UPS and I had a new gal friend I wanted to see more often and I wanted day hours which I couldn't get at the time at UPS. You know what they say about the location of men's brains. :bgroovy:

Anchor5 "They bought Overnite and struck a deal that they would not fight the teamsters AT ALL and in return they could pay a large sum and get out of joint pension."
You are failing to mention that it was the UPS Teamsters who ultimately VOTED to accept UPS' CONTRACT offering. And the money the various MEPF agreed to were the withdrawal penalties. NOT a gift to the Teamsters.
It is too bad some members here are doing their best to illustrate my Ben Franklin quote.
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Not sure what Ups teamsters voting on contract has to do with the conversation ….of course they voted on it, kind of how that works. but it was best for UPS in terms of financial health and thus also best for the UPS teamsters to get out of joint pensions, just not best for the rest in joint pensions. And I never said it was a gift, totally agree with your second point. In case you didn’t understand, the point I was making in my post is UPS used the carrot that they wouldn’t oppose union at UPS Freight AT ALL in return for teamsters not “rejecting the proposal to withdraw“ like local 710 did in your post #89.

Not sure what Ups teamsters voting on contract has to do with the conversation ….of course they voted on it, kind of how that works. but it was best for UPS in terms of financial health and thus also best for the UPS teamsters to get out of joint pensions, just not best for the rest in joint pensions. And I never said it was a gift, totally agree with your second point. In case you didn’t understand, the point I was making in my post is UPS used the carrot that they wouldn’t oppose union at UPS Freight AT ALL in return for teamsters not “rejecting the proposal to withdraw“ like local 710 did in your post #89.
Withdrawal liability is determined by the PBGC, not the Teamsters....I also.have no doubt even if UPS fought the Teamsters on organizing UPS Freight it still would go through because the employees would see the deep pockets of UPS and great benefits parcel has....

Withdrawal liability is determined by the PBGC, not the Teamsters....I also.have no doubt even if UPS fought the Teamsters on organizing UPS Freight it still would go through because the employees would see the deep pockets of UPS and great benefits parcel has....
Never said withdrawal liabilty was determined by the teamsters. It is well known that there was an agreement to not fight unions at UPS Freigot in return for not rejecting the withdrawal from some of the joint pensions. I don’t know why this is so sensitive.

Never said withdrawal liabilty was determined by the teamsters. It is well known that there was an agreement to not fight unions at UPS Freigot in return for not rejecting the withdrawal from some of the joint pensions. I don’t know why this is so sensitive.
It isn't sensitive due to anything you have said, but I was saying what I said because puffy was saying in an earlier post that the 6 billion was "cheap" and I was just reiterating that the Teamsters don't figure liability, that the PBGC does.....

It isn't sensitive due to anything you have said, but I was saying what I said because puffy was saying in an earlier post that the 6 billion was "cheap" and I was just reiterating that the Teamsters don't figure liability, that the PBGC does.....
Gotcha and thank you