Holland | Fist Fights with other Driver ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Question is when fist fights happen with other driver, who gets fired ? the one who threw the first punch or both ??

In football its always the second guy that gets in trouble....I think it might be ok if it's a non union driver you punch? :)

I smile every time I read your name on your posts!....did you think that up or did a driver help you?.....just kidding!
Hey we have a trailer park across the street. A guaranteed crowd and most likely some good gambling.

In football its always the second guy that gets in trouble....I think it might be ok if it's a non union driver you punch? :)
I heard you can beat an uncooperative customer as long as you use their freight to beat them with.

Both are fired[/QUOTE , well guess then next time this one particular linehaul driver starts talking down to me & cussing me ,there will be blood shed !!! cause its not like I would be losing a good job , & get him fired too is a plus , and you have to draw the line sometime !! maybe get my butt kicked, but its time to rumble !!!

Both are fired[/QUOTE , well guess then next time this one particular linehaul driver starts talking down to me & cussing me ,there will be blood shed !!! cause its not like I would be losing a good job , & get him fired too is a plus , and you have to draw the line sometime !! maybe get my butt kicked, but its time to rumble !!!

Ignore his dumb ass and walk away.Dont do anything you might regret later.

Or punch out and take it across the street.
Been there....done that. Get off company property and nobody gets fired. I had to adjust a butt kisser's attitude for him. The next day the TM tried to give me a letter. Our Steward told the TM that he might as well wipe his ass with that letter because it happened OFF company property. And our Steward told the TM that the only reason that he was pissed, was because "his boy got his ass kicked". LOL

When I would get home and tell the wife why I was fired......that's when the real ass kicking would take place!

I've only seen two real "fights" on company property in the past 20 years.....both were threatened they would be fired unless they kissed and made up. Both tm's said it's not their job to judge who is right or wrong....thats for the 6 man board to figure out.

file charges under hostile work environment against him with HR and the local union. That will put a pain in his azz that will last much longer than a black eye!

If you haven't already informed the other driver that his actions will no longer be tolerated, it might be fair to warn him to back off. If he's been warned already, I'd take it up with the union.

Last edited by a moderator: