Holland | Fist Fights with other Driver ?

Confrontations should be avoided whenever possible, but some people push things to far at times. Harassment and bullying is never ok though. Each situation needs to be handled in different ways, and unfortunately sometimes an ass whoopin' is required.

Unfortunately in the south fist fights turn into a knifing or being shot. Man to man fights are a thing of the past. Myself I find another way to settle. Give him my lunch money or something.

Unfortunately in the south fist fights turn into a knifing or being shot. Man to man fights are a thing of the past. Myself I find another way to settle. Give him my lunch money or something.
LOL.

It's not just in the South, it's country wide. People let their alligator mouth overload their chickadee ass, then they have to use a weapon to keep from getting what they deserve. People just need to leave others alone and not provoke confrontations.

Definitely not worth getting into it on company property while on the click. I threatened to beat another driver's ass 2 jobs ago, on the clock, right to the shop steward's face. I had taken as much childish BS that I wad going to take and management was doing nothing to resolve it. Our steward knew there was a problem but kind of turned his head the other way. One day I heard a couple of comments were made and that was the straw that broke the camel's back... I went to the steward and told him that this problem will be resolved today, not tomorrow, but today, and if it wasn't solved today, I was going to beat so and so's ass... I was so angry and at my limit that I did not even stop to think that I was the breadwinner at home and that I had a wife and two year old that did not need me being canned and jailed. The shop steward went to the plant manager and transportation manager and within the hour I was on a three way call. The only reason I did not lose my job was because management knew there was an ongoing issue and failed to resolve it. The guy I threatened called corporate security and told them he feared for his life and that I needed to be fired. End result was a 4 person meeting with me, the other driver and both managers. I had to formally apologize and gaurantee that my words were spoken out of anger and that I had no intentions of physically hurting him. It sucked so bad having to apologize to this clown when deep down all I wanted to do was knock his ass out and walk out. I guess it was worth it because all of the crap talking stopped and it got better there. The moral of my long winded story... don't take any crap from anyone but do not jeopardize your livelihood in the process. The instant gratification of beating someone's ass that deserves it will be far outweighed by being jobless, possibly in legal trouble, or worse, retaliation with a weapon.

After the altercation that I was forced into, the other driver and I became half way decent friends. Afterwards, he apologized for his actions and verbal assaults toward myself and several other employees, and he completely changed his cocky attitude for the better and started showing respect for the rest of us. He told me that he "got what he deserved" that night.
So occasionally something good can come out of something bad. But still..........avoid the confrontations if at all possible.

Both are fired[/QUOTE , well guess then next time this one particular linehaul driver starts talking down to me & cussing me ,there will be blood shed !!! cause its not like I would be losing a good job , & get him fired too is a plus , and you have to draw the line sometime !! maybe get my butt kicked, but its time to rumble !!!

Please make the first swing and hit me hard. Right after I pick myself up, you will be on your way to jail for assault & battery, and then I will own everything that you own. Your car, house, old lady (if she's worth anything) and a nice settlement from you/your insurance comapny and YRC for hiring an idiot with no self control. By all means, go for it....................

Please make the first swing and hit me hard. Right after I pick myself up, you will be on your way to jail for assault & battery, and then I will own everything that you own. Your car, house, old lady (if she's worth anything) and a nice settlement from you/your insurance comapny and YRC for hiring an idiot with no self control. By all means, go for it....................

So you would start an altercation with someone to provoke a fight so you can sue them?

So you would start an altercation with someone to provoke a fight so you can sue them?

Don't know if wrongway is that kind of guy, but I see those kind all the time. Last winter I was in the break room and was joking back and forth with a friend of mine from Columbus about being lazy and an old-timer with poor hearing thought I was talking about him and went off on me.

Even after I told him I was joking with the Columbus driver he kept going on and on, so I stopped talking to him and walked out onto the dock and the old-timer followed me onto the dock and followed me further and further away from the office and supervisor. Finally he realized he was walking away from his audience and stopped yapping at me.

The next day one of my friends said that old-timer is know for going off for no reason. A conflict is not worth either of our jobs.

Don't know if wrongway is that kind of guy, but I see those kind all the time. Last winter I was in the break room and was joking back and forth with a friend of mine from Columbus about being lazy and an old-timer with poor hearing thought I was talking about him and went off on me.

Even after I told him I was joking with the Columbus driver he kept going on and on, so I stopped talking to him and walked out onto the dock and the old-timer followed me onto the dock and followed me further and further away from the office and supervisor. Finally he realized he was walking away from his audience and stopped yapping at me.

The next day one of my friends said that old-timer is know for going off for no reason. A conflict is not worth either of our jobs.
A friend of mine at Roadway almost went at it with an OKC line driver. He found out later the line driver was an ex golden gloves boxer. My friend said of this, "What a way to start the day, almost getting my front teeth knocked out."

Definitely not worth getting into it on company property while on the click. I threatened to beat another driver's ass 2 jobs ago, on the clock, right to the shop steward's face. I had taken as much childish BS that I wad going to take and management was doing nothing to resolve it. Our steward knew there was a problem but kind of turned his head the other way. One day I heard a couple of comments were made and that was the straw that broke the camel's back... I went to the steward and told him that this problem will be resolved today, not tomorrow, but today, and if it wasn't solved today, I was going to beat so and so's ass... I was so angry and at my limit that I did not even stop to think that I was the breadwinner at home and that I had a wife and two year old that did not need me being canned and jailed. The shop steward went to the plant manager and transportation manager and within the hour I was on a three way call. The only reason I did not lose my job was because management knew there was an ongoing issue and failed to resolve it. The guy I threatened called corporate security and told them he feared for his life and that I needed to be fired. End result was a 4 person meeting with me, the other driver and both managers. I had to formally apologize and gaurantee that my words were spoken out of anger and that I had no intentions of physically hurting him. It sucked so bad having to apologize to this clown when deep down all I wanted to do was knock his ass out and walk out. I guess it was worth it because all of the crap talking stopped and it got better there. The moral of my long winded story... don't take any crap from anyone but do not jeopardize your livelihood in the process. The instant gratification of beating someone's ass that deserves it will be far outweighed by being jobless, possibly in legal trouble, or worse, retaliation with a weapon.

Best advice I've heard in a long time. Think before you act. 30 seconds of satisfaction can completely ruin your life.......

well lets dance then !!! & after I get done trash talking your daughter & wife & mom down will see who swings first !! here a clue you line haul guys are not GOD ,like you think you are !!!