Yellow | Former Yellow Corp. exec named CEO of Axis Global Logistics

Is there a productivity clause in the employee hand book at non-union employers? Not trying to be a smart ass or anything. I am just curious, because ”bills-per-hour” would be dependent on the condition of the freight on the trailer when you open the door and the type of freight you are unloading. And, “stops per hour” would depend on traffic, miles between stops and customer requests as well as the type of freight being loaded or unloaded. So……I would doubt that the non-unions have a set production goal in writing in their employee hand book. But….I have been wrong before!!!
Non union carriers have standards (at least the carriers I know well) ands KPI's that are kept track of.
One time I was shaping at a job and was told by the shop stewart to 'nor return before 6:30pm
He had no idea of how many deliveries I had nor how many or if I was ever going to make any pickups.
With a weeks worth of data you can tell who is screwing the pooch...

in tight with the BA doesn't hurt either.
We had a guy who ran into the back of one of our city trucks and did major damage.
Attempted to push one of our trucks up Blacksburg hill with a B67, major damage, got his trailer cut in half by a train after a notice was posted to not run 123 below Greenville S C.
He missed a few trips.
So not everyone is treated equally.
Such a disgrace.
For years I thought that was the basis for having a union so everyone is treated equally.
Or are some just a bit more equal?

So not everyone is treated equally.
Such a disgrace.
For years I thought that was the basis for having a union so everyone is treated equally.
Or are some just a bit more equal?
Such is life....people are treated differently based on who they know....union rules minimize this but you can never eradicate it....how many times have we heard a famous person get in trouble and ask the police officer "Do you know who I am?". To act as though this would never happen in a union setting just shows your bias....luckily this is easy for everyone to see....

Such is life....people are treated differently based on who they know....union rules minimize this but you can never eradicate it....how many times have we heard a famous person get in trouble and ask the police officer "Do you know who I am?". To act as though this would never happen in a union setting just shows your bias....luckily this is easy for everyone to see....
But the supposed famous person does not pay any entity for equal protection... People pay unions to be treated as equals..
Why would a union treat anyone any better, that is the core reason for their existence.
I do agree with you that not every driver is the same. I firmly believe in taking good care of the good employees and shedding the poor workers.
That is against every fiber of unions, but it proliferates businesses and creates job security.
My hunch is every person on TB is most likely a great worker as everyone here is a student of the business. They care thus deserve more and must be rewarded as such. Shame on carriers that do not do that.
Paying deadbeat drivers the same as great employees creates an environment of complacency and begins the slow crawl towards bankruptcy..

But the supposed famous person does not pay any entity for equal protection... People pay unions to be treated as equals..
Why would a union treat anyone any better, that is the core reason for their existence.
I do agree with you that not every driver is the same. I firmly believe in taking good care of the good employees and shedding the poor workers.
That is against every fiber of unions, but it proliferates businesses and creates job security.
My hunch is every person on TB is most likely a great worker as everyone here is a student of the business. They care thus deserve more and must be rewarded as such. Shame on carriers that do not do that.
Paying deadbeat drivers the same as great employees creates an environment of complacency and begins the slow crawl towards bankruptcy..
Once again, in a perfect world everybody is treated the same, but the world isn't perfect...the not famous person's entity would be the government, the police officer is paid by taxpayers (government) and yet all taxpayers aren't treated the same, but you seem to be brushing off that point...

Puff, I'm calling the Associated Press and Reuters!! You have posted something that I agree with almost entirely.
Yes, I have seen Union leadership treat their members unequally. That isn't OK. If you're a dues-paying member then you're a dues paying member. Period!
Your hunch that everybody on TB is a great worker?? Not so much. I have seen clear evidence on here that some of the posters need a firecracker placed into their rump.
Yes, the Union contract does complicate the idea of incentivizing those who go above and beyond. However, let's differentiate between "going above and beyond" and "brown-nosing" I'm all for incenting those who go above and beyond. Thank you, I'm one of them. My management team has rewarded me as best they can, but it is "pat on the back" and other kudos, not monetary. Thanks, but nothing says thank you quite like cash!
Paying deadbeats the same rate??? I agree with you completely. That is not only a harbinger of complacency, but it also is compounded by de-moralization. I did my best to lead by example. Did I do everything right? No! Did I try to do everything right? Yes! Did I own up to mistakes (usually with my tail between my legs)? Yes. It's what honorable people do.

Puff, I'm calling the Associated Press and Reuters!! You have posted something that I agree with almost entirely.
Yes, I have seen Union leadership treat their members unequally. That isn't OK. If you're a dues-paying member then you're a dues paying member. Period!
Your hunch that everybody on TB is a great worker?? Not so much. I have seen clear evidence on here that some of the posters need a firecracker placed into their rump.
Yes, the Union contract does complicate the idea of incentivizing those who go above and beyond. However, let's differentiate between "going above and beyond" and "brown-nosing" I'm all for incenting those who go above and beyond. Thank you, I'm one of them. My management team has rewarded me as best they can, but it is "pat on the back" and other kudos, not monetary. Thanks, but nothing says thank you quite like cash!
Paying deadbeats the same rate??? I agree with you completely. That is not only a harbinger of complacency, but it also is compounded by de-moralization. I did my best to lead by example. Did I do everything right? No! Did I try to do everything right? Yes! Did I own up to mistakes (usually with my tail between my legs)? Yes. It's what honorable people do.

I'd like to think if folks are on here they give a damn..
But you are correct...

Once again, in a perfect world everybody is treated the same, but the world isn't perfect...the not famous person's entity would be the government, the police officer is paid by taxpayers (government) and yet all taxpayers aren't treated the same, but you seem to be brushing off that point...
No one pays police specifically to be represented fairly/equally.
But unions are paid to do exactly that and only that.
If they cannot why do they exist?

No one pays police specifically to be represented fairly/equally.
But unions are paid to do exactly that and only that.
If they cannot why do they exist?
You don't think police should be fair???? Unions aren't there for "only that", I do get your point, but in any group of people, there are always bad apples...it shouldn't happen and it is wrong...as you once said I live in realville, I know that anything involving humans is flawed and bound to make mistakes and possibly have some corruption...