Yellow | Fox news reports trucker shortage

Just another reason to bring over some more low paying sandal wearing with white socks Europeans to drive trucks!

I posted this thinking there are plenty of people here who can give the industry a few ideas on how solve this. :popcorn:

Lets see? Pay up to 35,000 first year. Make 45,000 after 10 years, and pay for your own health insurance!!!! That should have people kicking the door down to sign up???

I think they should consider what CFO Jamie said after reporting on the second quarter " PEOPLE WANT TO GET PAID FOR THE WORK THEY DO!"

False report, no driver shortage. Just a trucking company shortage of places that are willing to pay drivers a good wage for everything involved with this job from the being away from home, sleeping in cabs, not being paid for time spent loading and unloading... I could go on and on and on. Again, no driver shortage.

Well if the OTR companies would stop pulling LTL loads out of ABF UPSF YRC CONWAY FEDEX SAIA ETC, maybe there wouldnt be a "Shortage". It just shows you that a OTR driver gets highly underpaid if LTL companies are using sandal wearers then their own drivers to haul the loads

Just another reason to bring over some more low paying sandal wearing with white socks Europeans to drive trucks!

Well if the OTR companies would stop pulling LTL loads out of ABF UPSF YRC CONWAY FEDEX SAIA ETC, maybe there wouldnt be a "Shortage". It just shows you that a OTR driver gets highly underpaid if LTL companies are using sandal wearers then their own drivers to haul the loads

I take exception to this gross generalization regarding sandals....

I rarely wear anything else, when not at work.

:ranting2::ranting2: