Yellow | Free Contribtionary Credit.

exyrcrd

TB Regular
Credits
I think since the Hoffa administration proposed
The 14 month deferment. We should demand if you
Want a yes vote you give every member 14 months
Free contributionary credit. In writing to every member!
Otherwise we vote NO! I'm tired oF this so called
Union bowing down to these companies.

AND...14 months free union dues! Let's defer union dues for 14 months. :clap::clap::clap:

I agree no dues for 14 months! As a side note, this union
Historically has given free contributionary credits.
It can be done if we push it! Give us all it. In writing before we Vote.
Or tell YRC close the. Freaking doors!

I agree...the IBT are basically telling us they want us to vote yes on this agreement they bargained. So, it's time the IBT starts giving up some too in this time of economic disaster when so many of their members are out of work & struggling, getting paid less, & now no pension. Free dues for the length of the deferment. Gives them a big incentive to watch over Zollars' shoulder. :clap::clap::clap:

And no more OT. They'll be able to afford to work more people with no pensions to pay, so let the laid off guys that want a paycheck to work and no more OT.

I dont think the Teamsters can do that because the Teamsters are not the ones who credit the time, the pension funds are.

bottom line brothers.....
have you seen your terminals lately? how many open holes....less and less freight to work on a daily basis ....and when the freight gets bumped to the dock its a 4 or 5 biller trailer...WTF
We are not GROWING IN TONNAGE OR BILL COUNTS! How is this concession gonna promote GROWTH????? without growth there is no chance for profit. Thats why we are
burning over 3 million a day in cash!

have you seen your terminals lately? how many open holes....less and less freight to work on a daily basis ....and when the freight gets bumped to the dock its a 4 or 5 biller trailer...WTF
We are not GROWING IN TONNAGE OR BILL COUNTS! How is this concession gonna promote GROWTH????? without growth there is no chance for profit. Thats why we are

How are they going to get more cash flowing in. I have already seen what they have done with not paying the pension. It just prevents the bankruptcy today, but what about tomorrow. Once you dug a hole so deep it doesn't seem like there is a point to dig yourself out just to keep a job.

Not according to other people who post on here.Check out some other threads to see what I mean. It takes a certain amount of revenue just to pay the bills. I think thats where we are at.I work at the columbus OH terminal.They have picked up some new bizz in the past few weeks. Where do you work?
I am still on layoff.

To little to late, this concession will not help and YRC will eventually ask for more, vote NO!

For a yes vote, we should demand 2 things in return: 1. No more OT as long as there are still laid off guys. 2. The IBT change the work after retirement rules....let us work any job that's not union. If they're going to screw up our retirements, let us try to salvage what we can by working elsewhere to supplement our pension.

I dont think the Teamsters can do that because the Teamsters are not the ones who credit the time, the pension funds are.

Isn't it amazing how many Teamster "brothers" are clueless about how our Union and pension funds work? :nutkick:

But then again they all seem to know what to do about any problem that comes up!!

Isn't it amazing how many Teamster "brothers" are clueless about how our Union and pension funds work? :nutkick:

But then again they all seem to know what to do about any problem that comes up!!

So are you saying I don't know how it works?
If that's the case Then color me ready to be clued in.
or are you agreeing with the statement that you quoted?

True, These guys need to understand demanding free contributionary credit benifits the fund, because if we vote no the fund is bankrupt.

So are you saying I don't know how it works?

Good grief NO, of course not. You obviously know how it works because of your comments. I was referring to those who have no clue and think the Locals control the pension funds.

If that's the case Then color me ready to be clued in.
or are you agreeing with the statement that you quoted?

I think you now know the answer to that since I agree with what you originally said!! :1036316054:

I've found the more times I open my yap the more chances to get my foot stuck there. I'm patiently waiting on the side lines Triplex. :biglaugh: :stirthepot:

I've found the more times I open my yap the more chances to get my foot stuck there. I'm patiently waiting on the side lines Triplex. :biglaugh: :stirthepot:

Oh no, that's no fun!! Jump in and take your chances. What do you have to lose except for your reputation, good name, credibility, etc., etc. :biglaugh:

PS - If you leave your shoes off then foot-in-mouth doesn't hurt so much!! :hysterical:

PPS - If it really gets too hot on here you can just turn off the computer, have a cold one and watch the afternoon court shows on TV for some real laughs!!

Oh no, that's no fun!! Jump in and take your chances. What do you have to lose except for your reputation, good name, credibility, etc., etc. :biglaugh:

PS - If you leave your shoes off then foot-in-mouth doesn't hurt so much!! :hysterical:

PPS - If it really gets too hot on here you can just turn off the computer, have a cold one and watch the afternoon court shows on TV for some real laughs!!
UHUH man! I'm gonna stay here nice and safe and then talk bad about you after court TV comes on. :nutkick: :thumbsup: