Holland | Freedom of choice bill

well rtm457 if yrc or holland does close then government will probably be taking over your pension for nickels on the dollar. Are you sure your in complete control of your 401k now. I know i'm not, just look at stock market. as far as the teamster pension it worked well when there were numbers, unfortunately numbers are down and our representative sides should of done something different to ensure a little nest egg when numbers went down(like in this contract). But hold up lighter in crowded subway and yell fire and see what happens. as far as a new member the union offers them a contract for them and company to go by. whether its a good or bad contract is different subject but its a contract. for an employee organizing its representation, which that person didn't have before. Its not about retirement , insurance, its about a some type of a contract with representation. As far as the city guys on the relay, was it in writing they wouldn't pull relay out. more than likely not. if its not in writing then take with grain of salt.

If you would have read my post completely, it says that if I had a 401k I could have controlled it. It doesn't say I have one. What I'm complaining about is that my union pension will not be there when I get ready to retire. I have over 20 years in and no way do I see an already underfunded retirement fund will be there in 10 more years, no more than social security will be. No one has yet told me what the union offers a new member. Only a questionable retirement, insurance that is no better than what most companies have. Plus, we get to give back 10% of our money. What a deal.

If you would have read my post completely, it says that if I had a 401k I could have controlled it. It doesn't say I have one. What I'm complaining about is that my union pension will not be there when I get ready to retire. I have over 20 years in and no way do I see an already underfunded retirement fund will be there in 10 more years, no more than social security will be. No one has yet told me what the union offers a new member. Only a questionable retirement, insurance that is no better than what most companies have. Plus, we get to give back 10% of our money. What a deal.
rtm457 your right I assumed you had been putting into teamster 401k. I do hate it for veteran guys like yourself with alot of years in and from the standpoint of today it looks like the retirement won't be there. our leadership should of tried to offer changes it over the last couple of contracts. I did however tell you what the union had to offer a new member and thats a contract with representation to go by. Thats it and all they can offer because the insurance and pension you bring up is a perk and nothing more just a perk.

Yeah spector from pa announced yesterday he is switching to democrat. As soon as they stop bs around with frankin that will be the 60 we need.

Spectrum is a turkey! He should retire. Dems are dumb for letting him in the party! Also, Pa. Dems that have worked hard up the ladder are getting screwed.
What will Specturd give the Dems? NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING!
Bad move, Dems are wimps and have battered wife syndrome.
Hey Dems, wake up! You won the prize! NOW, don't wimp out! And don't sell out! (i know, wishful thinking):biglaugh:

Spectrum is a turkey! He should retire. Dems are dumb for letting him in the party! Also, Pa. Dems that have worked hard up the ladder are getting screwed.
What will Specturd give the Dems? NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING!
Bad move, Dems are wimps and have battered wife syndrome.
Hey Dems, wake up! You won the prize! NOW, don't wimp out! And don't sell out! (i know, wishful thinking):biglaugh:

Spector has already said that he would vote NO on this issue,switching parties has not changed his stand,and if I am not mistaken he voted against the presidents let's pay for everything budget..The only reason he switched was so he could get reelected for another term something he would not be able to accomplish as a republican..