Yellow | Freezing workers claim dangerous, inhumane conditions in Tannersville freight facility

osha , really needs to step up to the plate and make yrcw put heaters on all there docks !! put bumper pads on and infared heaters tubes up !!

that was our roadway stroudsburg 120 term . worker there for 15 years before 1st coo out to winston salem . thats where all the real horror stories come from .
under same conditions boss would turn off heat in bathrooms and lunch rooms ,letters flying for extra 5 at break even though you barly had time to unbundle and have a cup of coffee .nothing for wind chills at night to be -5 -10 .osha didnt want to know us. told us we had a union we needed to exhaust that option before they could get involved . 2 hours forced daily because they new the days guys would be calling off

Reactions: ESP
that was our roadway stroudsburg 120 term . worker there for 15 years before 1st coo out to winston salem . thats where all the real horror stories come from .
under same conditions boss would turn off heat in bathrooms and lunch rooms ,letters flying for extra 5 at break even though you barly had time to unbundle and have a cup of coffee .nothing for wind chills at night to be -5 -10 .osha didnt want to know us. told us we had a union we needed to exhaust that option before they could get involved . 2 hours forced daily because they new the days guys would be calling off

I ran linehaul out of there, rumor was that if you dock guys went into the bathroom when it was cold they wanted to see the evidence in the toilet before you flushed.

I ran linehaul out of there, rumor was that if you dock guys went into the bathroom when it was cold they wanted to see the evidence in the toilet before you flushed.
Weren't there porta potties on the dock!!!!!

not a rumor SC 1st camera they ever put up was on the bathroom doors . we had a super run into the bathroom with a polaroid camera 2 minutes before the bell to go home . snapping pictures .they files charges and they were willing to fire him but the guy backed down knowing what would happen to every one in there in the long run

Spent many a 12 hour winter night on a cross-dock with no doors.Lots of OT because of people calling off. Saw whiteouts many times.Wore LL Bean down filled or wool bibs and parka with Ice fishing boots. People pushing snow so jeeps could move. Someone sanding the dock. Safety First. Hard to hustle because of too many clothes, but stayed warm. Glad to get a fingerprint load and get off the jeep.Our boss gave us hot soup and hot coffee. He was a human that cared for his workers. He was as cold as we were. We got the work done, but it took more time! Call OSHA, NOT!.

I worked Yellows and Roadways dock as a casuel in Kansas City. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH GOING INTO THE BREAKROOM OR HEAT SHACKS TO WARM UP!!!

what the hell is a heat shack ? most times didnt have heat or ac in our lunch room . seems heat didnt work in the winter and ac didnt work in the summer

I don't see what's so difficult for the supervisor to take care of his men.If his men need a dern heater.Well try to get them one.Sometimes I think they have young and inexperienced supervisors working.These supervisors aren't thinking of their men working for them.

all of our supers were mostly 20 +year guys . that was the old roadway . rule with fear .they had to have a minimum number of letter per shift of be on the carpet .we were as now just a number to them

all of our supers were mostly 20 +year guys . that was the old roadway . rule with fear .they had to have a minimum number of letter per shift of be on the carpet .we were as now just a number to them
Not numbers. Just bodies to them.

Finger print load with forklift running inside trailer to keep warm., Back in the days they used to have a burn barrel at the end of dock where we used to throw the wood chips and broke pieces of a pallets to burn. Dock always stayed clean...not anymore those were the days....

Roadway would send their new supervisors to their supervisor school in Akron Ohio. One of the things they would teach them is
you must show the Teamsters who is in control.
My dad raised me with a certain amount of discipline growing up in the fifties and sixties. Add four years in the USMC and anything Roadway ever did, never really bothered me. I liked the fact that Roadway didn't play favorites, they treated us all the same, IMO.

Ah! The good old days! Inbound 120 at 2 am. "Big Dan" was the T.O.M. and one of his supervisors eye lids froze shut. Really! froze frekin shut! We were all told if you want to stay warm then work harder! Oh yea! Good times! Good times! At least the Yard horse had a heater in it!

Roadway would send their new supervisors to their supervisor school in Akron Ohio. One of the things they would teach them is
you must show the Teamsters who is in control.
My dad raised me with a certain amount of discipline growing up in the fifties and sixties. Add four years in the USMC and anything Roadway ever did, never really bothered me. I liked the fact that Roadway didn't play favorites, they treated us all the same, IMO.
I liked when a new super would come back to the terminal and tell us how they would put them all in the back of an empty trailer and a driver would go around a closed course area and let them feel how freight could move around if not secured.

Finger print load with forklift running inside trailer to keep warm., Back in the days they used to have a burn barrel at the end of dock where we used to throw the wood chips and broke pieces of a pallets to burn. Dock always stayed clean...not anymore those were the days....
A forklift that would keep the trailer warm???? What did it have for an engine??? A series 60????