Yellow | Freezing workers claim dangerous, inhumane conditions in Tannersville freight facility

I liked when a new super would come back to the terminal and tell us how they would put them all in the back of an empty trailer and a driver would go around a closed course area and let them feel how freight could move around if not secured.
I always liked to tell a new supervisor how cute they were when they first started. After they figure out what it really takes to get things done.

Roadway would send their new supervisors to their supervisor school in Akron Ohio. One of the things they would teach them is
you must show the Teamsters who is in control.
My dad raised me with a certain amount of discipline growing up in the fifties and sixties. Add four years in the USMC and anything Roadway ever did, never really bothered me. I liked the fact that Roadway didn't play favorites, they treated us all the same, IMO.
Them treating you "all the same" ??? You mean they treated you ALL like animals?

Ya ya. I had to walk to school when i was a kid and it was up hill both ways! The thing is just because we had to work on the dock with no doors or heat does not mean the company should not improve conditions. Been on 313 dock for 20 yrs in wisconsin and been there done that.

I was there last week to pull an mty out to take to #157. It felt weird after 6 yrs.
That is now a Walmart DC. that we held a 10 yr. lease on. YRCW just sold it to that new Logistics outfit a couple of months ago. This is where Walmart breaks the dot com merchandise from China. Walmart invested 6 million dollars into that facility, renovated the offices, paved the entire terminal, put new roofs on both docks and installed doors on the dock and fenced in the complete terminal.
From the pictures and article, it appears they do not close the doors, very strange. Very busy, gotta be 500 plus trailers and containers stacked around the yard and in every door. We had 256 doors.

I was there last week to pull an mty out to take to #157. It felt weird after 6 yrs.
That is now a Walmart DC. that we held a 10 yr. lease on. YRCW just sold it to that new Logistics outfit a couple of months ago. This is where Walmart breaks the dot com merchandise from China. Walmart invested 6 million dollars into that facility, renovated the offices, paved the entire terminal, put new roofs on both docks and installed doors on the dock and fenced in the complete terminal.
From the pictures and article, it appears they do not close the doors, very strange. Very busy, gotta be 500 plus trailers and containers stacked around the yard and in every door. We had 256 doors.
2 new roofs???? Are the Phillies playing there sometimes ????

2 new roofs???? Are the Phillies playing there sometimes ????

As I was typing that, I knew I was opening up the proverbial can of worms. I didn't think it would be that quick. You my friend are a "Gunfighter", fast on the draw. No, but the Scranton Yankees are only 35 miles away. The Iron Pigs, [phillies] play in Allentown. Approx. 48 miles away.

Last edited:
Ya ya. I had to walk to school when i was a kid and it was up hill both ways! The thing is just because we had to work on the dock with no doors or heat does not mean the company should not improve conditions. Been on 313 dock for 20 yrs in wisconsin and been there done that.

JAtPARa.jpg

jd3M1iq.jpg

My favorite images of 313

It must have brought a tear to your eye Sugarfoot when you pulled in there strolling down memory lane.Do you still enter from the last driveway behind the shop?I remember that spike strip they had at the entrance.If you tried to exit out the entrance you were buying some new tires!

It must have brought a tear to your eye Sugarfoot when you pulled in there strolling down memory lane.Do you still enter from the last driveway behind the shop?I remember that spike strip they had at the entrance.If you tried to exit out the entrance you were buying some new tires!
Yes it did, and it wasn't from the zero temps. They're only using 2 safety lane doors out of the 12. You enter through the center [2nd] entrance that we had blocked with jersey barriers. You go all the way up even with the pump house which is their inbound Guard Shack now. 2 lanes to the right for outside Carriers and one lane left for Walmart units. All the mtys are over by the scale and snow scraper in the lower lot. I was in and out in 15 min. They added a traffic light at Werner road in front of the Pocono Record building.
When I got to Rockaway, NJ., I saw a 120 guy I hadn't seen for quite a while. He said he was laid off 5 yrs. and had 2 different jobs and just came back under 5.5. It was a nostalgic trip all around.

As I was typing that, I knew I was opening up the proverbial can of worms. I didn't think it would be that quick. You my friend are a "Gunfighter", fast on the draw. No, but the Scranton Yankees are only 35 miles away. The Iron Pigs, [phillies] play in Allentown. Approx. 48 miles away.
So the Pigs play at Lehigh Valley's place? No wonder they do not have any room there!

That will work just fine! And has a cab probably with heat.And you don't even need dock plates with those tracks just drive right in.
I like the way you think and adding that time saving selling point should go over big with management.

I can see why ABF hired you.

we would try to make a cab on lifts with shrink wrap but they made us take it off .if your face is freezing you will work hard to keep warm . so im sure they would remove that cab

we would try to make a cab on lifts with shrink wrap but they made us take it off .if your face is freezing you will work hard to keep warm . so im sure they would remove that cab
An Ivan Glass cab would be a nice thing to have on a cold winter's night.

a dock worker with a heated cab in the winter is like a dream . probably add a couple years to your life

a dock worker with a heated cab in the winter is like a dream . probably add a couple years to your life
seal off the grill with cardboard and tape. The heat from the engine will seep back thru the front of the counter weight and now you have a heated seat.

And don't forget the famous loudspeaker announcements "If you don't like it quit and go flip burgers"
I miss being treated like a frekin machine! Boo-Hoo-Hoo!