Yellow | Freezing workers claim dangerous, inhumane conditions in Tannersville freight facility

Yes it did, and it wasn't from the zero temps. They're only using 2 safety lane doors out of the 12. You enter through the center [2nd] entrance that we had blocked with jersey barriers. You go all the way up even with the pump house which is their inbound Guard Shack now. 2 lanes to the right for outside Carriers and one lane left for Walmart units. All the mtys are over by the scale and snow scraper in the lower lot. I was in and out in 15 min. They added a traffic light at Werner road in front of the Pocono Record building.
When I got to Rockaway, NJ., I saw a 120 guy I hadn't seen for quite a while. He said he was laid off 5 yrs. and had 2 different jobs and just came back under 5.5. It was a nostalgic trip all around.
When I transfered (better yet escaped) to 158 I ran Akron 3 rounds a week. The highlight of my trip was going past the exit for that frekin hell hole with my middle finger at attention and yelling to the top of my voice F____ YOU!!!
Hey! It made me feel better at least!

SvQY5Rc.jpg

JAtPARa.jpg

jd3M1iq.jpg

My favorite images of 313

When I transfered (better yet escaped) to 158 I ran Akron 3 rounds a week. The highlight of my trip was going past the exit for that frekin hell hole with my middle finger at attention and yelling to the top of my voice F____ YOU!!!
Hey! It made me feel better at least!
There's no better therapy then yelling and screaming when your all by yourself. You get it out of your system and nobody's feelings are hurt. Imo.

Last edited:
I remember years of 20 straight days where it never went up to zero for a high temp. We'd come ready for 15 hrs on the dock because most would book off. Twenty below and an occasional thirty below on Indy's open dock. YF's east west dock was ten times warmer than Preston's north south one because of the wind.

Senior guys got off the dock to city runs, where the trucks gelled. There they'd be. No cell phones, have to walk to pay phones, and dressed to drive, not walk.

My fingers and toes suffer from frostbite still today... We had great bosses tho. They were in it too. They'd send you to warm up.

I was thinking the NE extension(476) to 80 instead of up over the mountain on 322......................
Mifflintown Truck Stop used to have a great hot turkey sandwich made with real turkey. It's probably torn down or falling down by now.

Mifflintown Truck Stop used to have a great hot turkey sandwich made with real turkey. It's probably torn down or falling down by now.

It went out of business for quite a while. Different people took over and re-opened it. But, Loves opened up a very small place across the road from it. I havn't been out past there in the last 6 yrs., so, all bets could be off again.