Yellow | Freight guys waving to each other

There was a thread on this flashing of lites here some where.Some said it blinded them.Some said they could tell when to come over so on and so on.Funny how it never bothered the drivers years ago.I guess when your hung over them brite lites do burn.I have had these professional drivers try to polish my front bumper coming back over.

I started out hualing meat (meat hauler). It was a game sometime, to get a grouch to move out of the left lane or to make him thank you. We would ride for a mile with the head lights out. I still give the lights. Even on 78 goin towards Jersy. I just can't change.

I go into the left lane when I can if some bone head cuts over. I stay out there till they get 2 or 3 second ahead then go back over. I don't trust them. If they slam on the brakes i'm in the other lane. Not just trucks the cars too.

There was a thread on this flashing of lites here some where.Some said it blinded them.Some said they could tell when to come over so on and so on.Funny how it never bothered the drivers years ago.I guess when your hung over them brite lites do burn.I have had these professional drivers try to polish my front bumper coming back over.

The last two new tractors I have had has the day time running lights so you can't turn the headlights off to flash anyone over. I tried to pull the fuse on the daytime running lights but other options were on the same circuit. I just give a quick flash of the high beams. I have been yelled at because of it but I still do it, Its a courtesy thing from way back.

Very few union drivers in Chicago would have anything to do with the nonunion boys enfact if one of them ever came over for directions some not all drivers would be sent the other way now I'am saying that was to the owner ops but to the ltl carriers . As for the restraunts fogetabout it if they had to eat in the same jiont they were in a seprate part . True story when Overnite came to Chicago there was a restraunt on 47 th . street a overnite guy came in ok the union guys told the owner of the restraunt that if he got served they would find a new place to eat and there were about 8 or 10 that came in everyday so the owner explained to the overnite guy he could n't aford to loose that many customers . Now days its a little easier because the non's are talking about joining the teamsters . I t took all that time for them to see they were screwed by their companys. I don't think they got too many waves .

Wife said come up to Ohio tomorrow and she'll take you for a ride with the top down. She didn't say which one though.

WOOOHOOO been trying to get that blonde down the street at the shell station to do that in mine.HEHE:biglaugh:
Enjoy the time off with family.

Ok, so how do you treat a laid off, ran out of unemployment, got family to feed, ex yrc drivers working for whoever pays the bills?

We are all truck drivers, everything else is politics.

OSG I'm not knocking you I've been on both sides alot of those owner operaters are some good people. Its the new breed that I don't understand. All those company guys. Everyone needs to start somewhere. I get fewer waves from Freight hauler to be honest.

I wave at everyone that pass me. Thats how we used to do it. Kinda went out with flashing you head lights. I get a real charge when I hear someone ask why nobody does it anymore. I always say if you wait till your far enough ahead of me I would blink my lights. These day they just get passed you and come over 50 feet infront of you.

I'd also like to add I just came up from Charlotte today. I was amazed at all the other truckers that looked over and waved today. I thought it was funny when I saw this tread.
Coming over Fancy Gap an Estes even gave me the lights when I passed him. Just tooten my horn!
The news on T. B. travels at the speed of sound. Been retired 10 years and was wandering if the young kids use all fingers when waving. If they don't please don't tell me as it would be too hard to take,

The last two new tractors I have had has the day time running lights so you can't turn the headlights off to flash anyone over. I tried to pull the fuse on the daytime running lights but other options were on the same circuit. I just give a quick flash of the high beams. I have been yelled at because of it but I still do it, Its a courtesy thing from way back.

The bad thing about DRLs is the newbie driver that passes you and cannot figure his distance yet, looks in his right mirror real quick to see if he got by you and he sees lights and then he comes on over.....almost causing an accident.

That is why I would never run the headlights on a Yellow truck during the day...been written up by the safety dept. for not doing so...but was ready to challenge them as I felt it was a dangerous practice.

Now with the new DRLs being built in the headlights instead of the bumper...it makes it even more dangerous!.....KK

The bad thing about DRLs is the newbie driver that passes you and cannot figure his distance yet, looks in his right mirror real quick to see if he got by you and he sees lights and then he comes on over.....almost causing an accident.

That is why I would never run the headlights on a Yellow truck during the day...been written up by the safety dept. for not doing so...but was ready to challenge them as I felt it was a dangerous practice.

Now with the new DRLs being built in the headlights instead of the bumper...it makes it even more dangerous!.....KK

In total agreement with you on this KK.
Guess you could say I'm one of those pricks that just don't blink the lights unless the cituation demands the other driver get a little help. I find it both a hazard and a danger in todays traffic to blink the lights under normal driving conditions. Way back when at a time when the roads were less congested and clear of so many idiots it was a courtesy that we enjoyed but now it's just mixed signals for other people around us. "again"....If a driver is in a tight spot and it will help him to perform a much needed move safely I will do it only after making sure the area is clear of IDIOTS. As for myself.....I don't expect it and even after a blink I will put my faith in what I see in the mirrors.

While we are somewhat on the subject of courtesy, what ever happened to flashing your lights in return, when someone flashes their lights to let you know that it is safe to pull back over when they are passing, in the past year I’ll bet only twenty-five percent flash back :shift: :TR10driving03:

With the newer (01 and later) Sterlings we drive, the D.R.L.'s are the same intensity as the regular headlights........If I do flash someone over, they can't tell the difference, so I have pissed him off, even though I did flash. If I flash highbeams, he is pissed off because I just blinded him (I don't much appreciate the Highbeam flash myself)........Since I can't win either way, what's the point?

Very few union drivers in Chicago would have anything to do with the nonunion boys enfact if one of them ever came over for directions some not all drivers would be sent the other way now I'am saying that was to the owner ops but to the ltl carriers . As for the restraunts fogetabout it if they had to eat in the same jiont they were in a seprate part . True story when Overnite came to Chicago there was a restraunt on 47 th . street a overnite guy came in ok the union guys told the owner of the restraunt that if he got served they would find a new place to eat and there were about 8 or 10 that came in everyday so the owner explained to the overnite guy he could n't aford to loose that many customers . Now days its a little easier because the non's are talking about joining the teamsters . I t took all that time for them to see they were screwed by their companys. I don't think they got too many waves .

Sounds like a Maturity thing to me. In my area all Union-Non union drivers know each other.Everyone waves when they can, everyone sits on the same street waiting for P/U's
How do you blow someone off, then 5 minutes later tap a dock next to the guy and stand next to him and ignore him. the way i look at it everyone is Screwing or getting Screwed by the same horse. however, yes there are select few walking around Foaming at the mouth waiting for other outfits to go under just to benifit theirs and everyone knows who they are.

In total agreement with you on this KK.
Guess you could say I'm one of those pricks that just don't blink the lights unless the cituation demands the other driver get a little help. I find it both a hazard and a danger in todays traffic to blink the lights under normal driving conditions. Way back when at a time when the roads were less congested and clear of so many idiots it was a courtesy that we enjoyed but now it's just mixed signals for other people around us. "again"....If a driver is in a tight spot and it will help him to perform a much needed move safely I will do it only after making sure the area is clear of IDIOTS. As for myself.....I don't expect it and even after a blink I will put my faith in what I see in the mirrors.

And still...some get made at you for not blinking their lights, and I just tell them on the CB..." I figured if you were driving that fast, that also knew how long your rig was and knew when to pull over"....OR...If I do not flash my lights when coming back over, I tell them...."That's OK driver, I know how long the rig is!.....None the less, it has to be done with caution now days!....KK

How come many people here make such a big deal about union and non union we all do the same thing and are here for the same reason, to provide for our familys and hope we can do this for the rest of lives. i personally waive to everyone driving a truck thats how i am and flash my lights. its common courtesy

While we are somewhat on the subject of courtesy, what ever happened to flashing your lights in return, when someone flashes their lights to let you know that it is safe to pull back over when they are passing, in the past year I’ll bet only twenty-five percent flash back :shift: :TR10driving03:

I know personally I flash just about every big rig when they get past me.. union, non union, independent hell it don't matter. Just how I was brought up. That and after I got hired on at roadway and found out what these trucks could be hauling and how much weight they could have on... it was a no brainer.. I usually get a flash of the tail lights as a thanks.. just doing my part to help out as a 4 wheeler on the road.

If you blink the driver to come on in you are taking responsibility for him to be successful, all at once now say law suit.

:smilie_132:Enough clowning around about waving . Just Man-Up (or Woman-Up) and start waving ! Let YRC be know as the Friendly company .:biglaugh:
4241106552_0cb29e3c08_o.gif

Hell I drive a pretty nice car, I would not be flashing him over unless he was several car lengths past me and there was no chance of him getting anywhere near my vehicle. With traffic as heavy as it is these days I would think most drivers would appreciate the effort from those in a car, especially those that are regulated to 62 MPH.... I have followed trucks trying to pass for several miles tying up the fast lane and have seen what impatient people in cars do so........