Estes | Freight increases for Estes

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Im seeing quite a jump in freight being hailed now. Some terminals making mandatory weekend work. Quite possible new runs might be added. Im assuming this is from taking care of customers that Yellow left hanging. Going to be a busy rest of the summer at least.

Im seeing quite a jump in freight being hailed now. Some terminals making mandatory weekend work. Quite possible new runs might be added. Im assuming this is from taking care of customers that Yellow left hanging. Going to be a busy rest of the summer at least.
I’ve got a day linehaul run and my load for today was ready when I went home last night. Crazy

170 trailers in the hole at 225. Terminal expansion started 2 weeks ago and should last until the spring, and it can come soon enough. Extra dockworkers on the weekend, and O/O helping in the P&D

Slight uptick at my home domicile in North Carolina but nothing major. Holland in my area seemed to be much busier than Yellow with a 45 man city/dock board and Yellow with a 25 man city/dock board. I go through 087 Cbs a lot and it seems to be quite a bit busier there the past week. Everyone I talk to on the extraboard is getting good hits and minimal empties.

Still hate it for the guys at the Yellow companies, it’s a bum freight economy and not many good openings around my area.

S
Slight uptick at my home domicile in North Carolina but nothing major. Holland in my area seemed to be much busier than Yellow with a 45 man city/dock board and Yellow with a 25 man city/dock board. I go through 087 Cbs a lot and it seems to be quite a bit busier there the past week. Everyone I talk to on the extraboard is getting good hits and minimal empties.

Still hate it for the guys at the Yellow companies, it’s a bum freight economy and not many good openings around my area.

Same here, went through 141 yesterday was super busy, Same with 037,was able to help 4 yellow/Holland guys,got interviews next week some road,2 city,hopefully everyone can find a spot and support their families, :shit:ty deal ,those folks definitely deserve better than what happened

S

Same here, went through 141 yesterday was super busy, Same with 037,was able to help 4 yellow/Holland guys,got interviews next week some road,2 city,hopefully everyone can find a spot and support their families, :::shit:::ty deal ,those folks definitely deserve better than what happened
Hell yeah. I’ve never worked at Yellow, but I can only imagine how different it is over here. I hope they like it, and if they don’t I hope they are able to make some money here while they find the next best thing.

Hell yeah. I’ve never worked at Yellow, but I can only imagine how different it is over here. I hope they like it, and if they don’t I hope they are able to make some money here while they find the
Hell yeah. I’ve never worked at Yellow, but I can only imagine how different it is over here. I hope they like it, and if they don’t I hope they are able to make some money here while they find the next best thing.
All good experienced guy's, all got families ,I told just show up and open your pockets lol,do your job and no one will bother you here, very laid back, great environment

We had a meeting last Monday a TM said that system is P/U about 9000/ 10000 bills a day more, and it looks like most of the break bulks are busy. You are absolutely right about about Yellow employees ,it sucks however you put it especially after 15 years of of givebacks that they did , but that company was bailed more that once and this time nobody was there to do it one more time. Those people want to do same think as we, provide for their families and be productive members of society , and I wish them the best.

We are in a freight recession still. Yellow going out has put everyone back to work at our terminal and some left over for extra board. So for being in freight slump and first of the month , not bad. Every big break hub center is packed from what I hear and have seen.

We are in a freight recession still. Yellow going out has put everyone back to work at our terminal and some left over for extra board. So for being in freight slump and first of the month , not bad. Every big break hub center is packed from what I hear and have seen.
We are on a mandatory extra day per rotation for all drivers with turns and all 2/3 drivers on their short week. Rotation of about i extra day per every month in half to two months. If it stays like this i would think they will be hiring more drivers.

We are on a mandatory extra day per rotation for all drivers with turns and all 2/3 drivers on their short week. Rotation of about i extra day per every month in half to two months. If it stays like this i would think they will be hiring more drivers.
No mandatory 6th day out west for drivers ,yet. We do have a list for extra runs Friday through Monday and usually 5/6 guys sign up. Dock is getting 6th day if they get behind 100+ loads, and they are taking volunteers on weekends. I think company will probably next month or two give extra to current employees ,and see how freight levels are, before going on hiring spree .

No mandatory 6th day out west for drivers ,yet. We do have a list for extra runs Friday through Monday and usually 5/6 guys sign up. Dock is getting 6th day if they get behind 100+ loads, and they are taking volunteers on weekends. I think company will probably next month or two give extra to current employees ,and see how freight levels are, before going on hiring spree .
At our terminal it started with voluntary then they made it mandatory. The drivers with the 600 mile plus runs are going to be wore out or run out of hours on their bid runs more than likely. They scheduled everyone for saturdays which on your long week from Sunday thru Friday is going to make a 7 day work week. Surely they will have to tweek something

O
At our terminal it started with voluntary then they made it mandatory. The drivers with the 600 mile plus runs are going to be wore out or run out of hours on their bid runs more than likely. They scheduled everyone for saturdays which on your long week from Sunday thru Friday is going to make a 7 day work week. Surely they will have to tweek somethin
At our terminal it started with voluntary then they made it mandatory. The drivers with the 600 mile plus runs are going to be wore out or run out of hours on their bid runs more than likely. They scheduled everyone for saturdays which on your long week from Sunday thru Friday is going to make a 7 day work week. Surely they will have to tweek something
😲

That definitely makes it a looooong week! What terminal are you running out of? We definitely have Sac, Phoenix that is running 110% , but everything else is manageable for now.We had first couple of weeks that dock was really getting behind, but they have put more help on those days that we get hit hard ( Thursday through Sunday) , and they are doing much better.