Estes | Freight increases for Estes

That definitely makes it a looooong week! What terminal are you running out of? We definitely have Sac, Phoenix that is running 110% , but everything else is manageable for now.We had first couple of weeks that dock was really getting behind, but they have put more help on those days that we get hit hard ( Thursday through Sunday) , and they are doing much better.
Knoxville

At our terminal it started with voluntary then they made it mandatory. The drivers with the 600 mile plus runs are going to be wore out or run out of hours on their bid runs more than likely. They scheduled everyone for saturdays which on your long week from Sunday thru Friday is going to make a 7 day work week. Surely they will have to tweek something
If you run over 550 miles a night on a schedule or are on a lay down you don't have to work a 6th day unless you want to.

If you run over 550 miles a night on a schedule or are on a lay down you don't have to work a 6th day unless you want to.
The drivers in the room the night they announced it were told it was mandatory and they put a list up. Several of the drivers have a 550 or more night and their names are up there

The drivers in the room the night they announced it were told it was mandatory and they put a list up. Several of the drivers have a 550 or more night and their names are up there
I have a 600 mile schedule and was told I wasn’t required to work extra since I was over 550.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but maybe some calls need to be made to clarify the extra day policy.
I did an extra day last week anyway since they brought the bonus back. I want to gross $3000 just once so I can say I did.

I have a 600 mile schedule and was told I wasn’t required to work extra since I was over 550.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but maybe some calls need to be made to clarify the extra day policy.
I did an extra day last week anyway since they brought the bonus back. I want to gross $3000 just once so I can say I did.
I may have misunderstood them. Sometimes communication here is not that good.

Company had an embargo on freight for a bunch of terminals that were backed up last week. Customers couldn’t get a quote for those barns. I think it was lifted Thursday/ Friday

Had a slight bump in freight at the very end of the Yellow situation but seems to have leveled off. I run 600+ lay down 3/2 into upper Pennsylvania and Sunday/Monday seems be only heavy days for any of the 3/2’s. We also have the 6 day schedule posted for all drivers, 16 scheduled every Saturday plus volunteer list, not all are running but still posted. Personally I think someone In cooperate jumped the gun and the volume of freight they were expecting didn’t come as projected.

My lay down 3/2 bid still doesn’t run as posted just the same as it did before Yellow / Holland went down. Running via’s on the way up and back, haven’t seen much of an increase in my particular lane.

My lay down 3/2 bid still doesn’t run as posted just the same as it did before Yellow / Holland went down. Running via’s on the way up and back, haven’t seen much of an increase in my particular lane.
Some extra runs were added but some of them are not running to the terminal on the bid because lack of freight. They may have jumped the gun because it would be crazy to think the other l.t.l"s didnt get some of Yellows business. I know that extra day on saturday makes that week and the week after a tail kicker. Also suspect it will mess up some bid runs on the longer runs by running out of hours.