FreightWaves Haul of Fame: Consolidated Freightways was an industry leader for many years

CF built their own trailers, Road Systems was company, XPO owns it now in Searcy R Kin Saw. CF was innovative to say the least, they would rebuild trailer axles & put a new trailer on the axle and guess what, a new/old trailer that was considered old for tax purposes.
So did this outfit, (Brown Equipment) built their own Brown tractors and Brown trailers.

Road System trailers. Aren't they the ones that had passenger side dolly cranks and airlines. Oh they had Wedge brakes too. Triple AAA still runs some of them. They took the long CF metal signs cut them down flipped them and put Triple AAA Cooper logo on them. 24.5 wheels and tires.

16836491363_9cbe624c46_zact.md.jpeg

Road System trailers. Aren't they the ones that had passenger side dolly cranks and airlines. Oh they had Wedge brakes too. Triple AAA still runs some of them. They took the long CF metal signs cut them down flipped them and put Triple AAA Cooper logo on them. 24.5 wheels and tires.

16836491363_9cbe624c46_zact.md.jpeg
PIE ran some wedge brakes also disc and drum and also ran 24.5 tires.
If anyone came up with an idea, they were willing to give it a try.

PIE ran some wedge brakes also disc and drum and also ran 24.5 tires.
If anyone came up with an idea, they were willing to give it a try.
Navajo also had some wedge brakes. Navajo, like other freight lines going out of business, did very little if any maintenance. On most of the wedge brake rigs the brake blocks had not touched the drums in a long time when ABF acquired them. Freeing up stuck/frozen wedge brakes requires quite a bit of time & even then it was a crapshoot how long they would work.

Navajo also had some wedge brakes. Navajo, like other freight lines going out of business, did very little if any maintenance. On most of the wedge brake rigs the brake blocks had not touched the drums in a long time when ABF acquired them. Freeing up stuck/frozen wedge brakes requires quite a bit of time & even then it was a crapshoot how long they would wor. he said they were out of adjustment.
I ran out of hours playing with a DOT man and wedge brakes on a dolly in Darien Ga.
If they were in adjustment, I couldn't pull the trailers, when you could pull them, he said they were out of adjustment.
A city driver out of Brunswick brought another dolly while I was in bed.
The brakes were just fine before he started his games.

I ran out of hours playing with a DOT man and wedge brakes on a dolly in Darien Ga.
If they were in adjustment, I couldn't pull the trailers, when you could pull them, he said they were out of adjustment.
A city driver out of Brunswick brought another dolly while I was in bed.
The brakes were just fine before he started his games.
You probably have some Jifflox stories too.