FreightWaves Haul of Fame: Consolidated Freightways was an industry leader for many years

Now I’m jealous. Maybe Jeff can make me a Viking Hat brim cover with two sets of triples……..three single pup city units…….congear parking area……empty lot…..set lanes……will call dock loading ramp with forklift on it……..shop including the tire rack with covers on the tires in case it rains so rubber dust doesn’t get in the storm drains (yeah, it’s Kookiefornia)……..fuel island with tractor getting fueled with a wood block in the handle and the sign above that says “No Blocking Pump Handles”……..employee parking lot (but not the area where after hours beer was consumed)……….the lead dockworker smoking a cigarette between the trailers in doors 50 and 51(placards be damned)…………oh, and the yard dog blind siding into door 46 and adjusting the marker light on the trailer in 45.

And then on the other side…….. :lmao:

Now I’m jealous. Maybe Jeff can make me a Viking Hat brim cover with two sets of triples……..three single pup city units…….congear parking area……empty lot…..set lanes……will call dock loading ramp with forklift on it……..shop including the tire rack with covers on the tires in case it rains so rubber dust doesn’t get in the storm drains (yeah, it’s Kookiefornia)……..fuel island with tractor getting fueled with a wood block in the handle and the sign above that says “No Blocking Pump Handles”……..employee parking lot (but not the area where after hours beer was consumed)……….the lead dockworker smoking a cigarette between the trailers in doors 50 and 51(placards be damned)…………oh, and the yard dog blind siding into door 46 and adjusting the marker light on the trailer in 45.

And then on the other side…….. :lmao:
Good idea partner, but real truck drivers don't know those things exist, we just know about stearning wheels and gear sticks.
I'm betting Sideways helped you with this. :busted:

I don't know of anybody on TB that can match your 63 year Teamster milestone. In fact not many on here are even 63 years old. I wonder what you credit your longevity to. A guess would be a good wife that kept you on the straight & narrow & out of trouble.
That helps for sure, I've been telling her for 52 yrs how lucky she is to have a jewel like me.

I don't know of anybody on TB that can match your 63 year Teamster milestone. In fact not many on here are even 63 years old. I wonder what you credit your longevity to. A guess would be a good wife that kept you on the straight & narrow & out of trouble.
Oh please, stop giving him a swell head or he's going to want us to call him Mr. Seabreeze again. :hysterical:
(Good thing he has me on ignore so he won't see this)

So did this outfit, (Brown Equipment) built their own Brown tractors and Brown trailers.
Yes they did and they hauled balls! 4th generation here and the old man worked for them. He would tell us some road units would have fire out otf the exhaust! Great company.7 companies in all made up Associated Transport MR Barnwell from north Carolina. they had quite a shop in Scranton, Pa. it was also a break bulk ,Tire shop .body shop the works! They had teams run from the south to north. they hauled everything.I worked casual drove a bobtail delivering clothing from NYC bags .When they merged with Eastern Freightways, it all went sour they shut down 1976.