From the stupid file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
https://cdllife.com/2020/explosive-study-reports-300000-truckers-would-be-out-of-a-job-if-fmcsa-mand
Are there 300,000 Drivers Nationwide??
I will say "if such testing eliminates said amount or even half, that Trucking would be devastated".
- - - -
STUPID pick-up "driver"!!
https://cdllife.com/2020/elderly-motorist-ends-gravel-truck-drivers-22-year-accident-free-streak/
- - - -
"I had briefly fallen asleep"
https://cdllife.com/2020/sleepy-truck-driver-caused-fiery-accident/

I am sure it will be difficult to stop driving if I live to that age when I am a danger to others. But after three accidents this elderly man should realize it will be more difficult to go on with his life knowing he caused injury or death than giving up driving. My mother realized she should stop driving when her eyesight failed. She always told me to tell her when she should give up driving, I did not have to do that.

https://cdllife.com/2020/explosive-study-reports-300000-truckers-would-be-out-of-a-job-if-fmcsa-mand
Are there 300,000 Drivers Nationwide??
I will say "if such testing eliminates said amount or even half, that Trucking would be devastated".

i say...GOOD, that half would be out of a job, and i'd hope BANNED form ever holding a CDL ever again.

there are laws/rules/regulations regarding truckers and drug use

too many damned times, i read where a driver popped a positive on a hair follicle test, and is worried about his job.

too bad, the hair follicle testing is NOT mandated yet, as i WISHED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN.

i am sick and tired of truckers doing what they think they can do either on thier time off, or whenever, and try to get away with it, regarding drug usage..

i'm so glad i am no longer driving, but it still bothers me that in my personal car, i am on the roads with doped up truckers.

We've been on the roads with "doped up truckers" since we began driving cars.
- - - -
yes, i know. but when you are in an industry, that is under so much scrutiny, and laws, and regulations, and the general public already hates you, fodder is given to all those who want to clamp down more, making the lives and lively hood of a trucker that much more difficult.

as it is, some companies pay well, others are still far behind. as well as benefits packages.

not everyone can work for the "best of the best", so many have to work at where ever they can get that job, and them morons like we read about or see on videos, ruin all our hard work, and in fact, demoralize us.

I am sure it will be difficult to stop driving if I live to that age when I am a danger to others. But after three accidents this elderly man should realize it will be more difficult to go on with his life knowing he caused injury or death than giving up driving. My mother realized she should stop driving when her eyesight failed. She always told me to tell her when she should give up driving, I did not have to do that.
GREETINGS DCM Doc,

My Father quit driving the second time he became lost, within 5 miles of his home, and called his Wife, my Mother, to tell him how to get back. They then only had A Car.
My Mother quit driving when her balance caused her to quit walking.

IF I pulled out in front of a travelling Bucket Truck or Combo or Ambulance with not enuf time to clear the scene and IF I survived, that wood b the LAST time or if I was driving around in circles lost near our home (or 40 miles away), that wood do it too.
CHEERS!!

GREETINGS DCM Doc,

My Father quit driving the second time he became lost, within 5 miles of his home, and called his Wife, my Mother, to tell him how to get back. They then only had A Car.

IF I pulled out in front of a travelling Bucket Truck or Combo or Ambulance with not enuf time to clear the scene and IF I survived, that wood b the LAST time or if I was driving around in circles lost near our home (or 40 miles away), that wood do it too.
CHEERS!!

My mother had an independent streak from growing up during the depression but she realized she was a liability if she continued to drive. I kept a car for her because a neighbor was able to drive & they both enjoyed short trips. My mother, a retired educator, had a sharp, clear mind which she kept till the day she passed away at 91.

GREETINGS DCM Doc,

CHEERS!!

Apparently your father had some type of dementia which is a terrible condition for anybody to have. There are several types of dementia with several causes. Projections are for a even a larger percentage of the world population to suffer from this condition is the years to come. Women are three times more likely to have dementia than men which suggests it may be estrogen related. This country should invest much more than we currently do on research. I spend quite a bit of time visiting at the local nursing home, (or I did before Covid caused a quarantine), & it is heartbreaking to see what dementia does to an otherwise normal, healthy, productive life.

Apparently your father had some type of dementia which is a terrible condition for anybody to have. There are several types of dementia with several causes. Projections are for a even a larger percentage of the world population to suffer from this condition is the years to come. Women are three times more likely to have dementia than men which suggests it may be estrogen related. This country should invest much more than we currently do on research. I spend quite a bit of time visiting at the local nursing home, (or I did before Covid caused a quarantine), & it is heartbreaking to see what dementia does to an otherwise normal, healthy, productive life.
i can relate to that. i had an uncle that came down with dementia. he drove his car from RI to NH.....
he was found, out of gas, NH state trooper was fantastic, when he called the family, as there was some sort of APB or whatever at the time, out on my uncle. today, they call it a silver alert on the overhead signs on the highways..

one of his daughters was ticked off, she had to recover the car, put gas in it, and drive it back here....lol

why did i lol..??

cuz i told BOTH his daughters that he will not be found in RI, each said, "he would not get on the highway"....well.....surprise, surprise....

i also told BOTH his daughters to call the dog-racing track, to have security check the parking lot for his car.

again, they each said, "he would not get on the highway"

being in his 70's at the time, i can only imagine that being on I-95, and driving slowly in what ever lane(s) he was driving in, caused a ruckus that day.

funny too, he knew to stop and get something to eat, but not gas up.

he died about a year after he went into a nursing home. his wife, my aunt had cancer and she wasn't going to live for long, she was losing her memory as well, but that could have been the effects of the cancer or the meds she was eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.