Holland | From yrc board

Can you make any sense of the way our union is handling this unless they know something we don't know.

486 what makes you think they (IBT) will neg on our behalf when they just turned their back on us last week? This whole thing is BS.

If the Company won't sit down at the negotiating table with the Union, how can the Union force a meeting with them?

486 what makes you think they (IBT) will neg on our behalf when they just turned their back on us last week? This whole thing is BS.

The way I see it is this.the IBT is fed up with this company,they have a concessionary agreement in place to the contract in which they had 3 rounds of concessions to the original one.the company have twisted and turned every single article for years in both the contract and the mou.we have to fight the company everyday for enforcing those articles,which leads to thousands of grievances that we never get heard or paid on.the writing has been on the wall for years and as I am and everyone who works here are just plain fed up and has had enough of it.they have begged borrowed and stole or sold everything they have and are worse off than they ever have been. Coming into work everyday for the past 5 years wondering if we will be here tommorow is just the same feeling I am sure the IBT has and they told the company to shove it.no talks period.

Ok then how can they accept and deliver a labor deal to us that changes the scope of our agreement?

They did not accept it at all.they are letting you decide if your willing to take more of their crooked ways of doing business.that's why it has to be voted no to force them to negotiate with whoever they have to.Bottomline is they are never going to get out of this alive.

Ok then how can they accept and deliver a labor deal to us that changes the scope of our agreement?
As far as I'm concerned......they can't legally, and shouldn't have. But I don't run the Union either. For the company to make this bold move, I think that the company realizes that the Union no longer has any teeth. Just my opinion.

The way I see it is this.the IBT is fed up with this company,they have a concessionary agreement in place to the contract in which they had 3 rounds of concessions to the original one.the company have twisted and turned every single article for years in both the contract and the mou.we have to fight the company everyday for enforcing those articles,which leads to thousands of grievances that we never get heard or paid on.the writing has been on the wall for years and as I am and everyone who works here are just plain fed up and has had enough of it.they have begged borrowed and stole or sold everything they have and are worse off than they ever have been. Coming into work everyday for the past 5 years wondering if we will be here tommorow is just the same feeling I am sure the IBT has and they told the company to shove it.no talks period.
Your assessment is probably right in line with IBT, but why haven't they made any type statement to the contrary. A good example is yesterday on Yahoo finance the headline was "IBT has agreed to the concessions" and the stocks soared. If you went to the sight you saw the true statement, IBT has agreed to send the concessions to the rank and file for ratification.

Your assessment is probably right in line with IBT, but why haven't they made any type statement to the contrary. A good example is yesterday on Yahoo finance the headline was "IBT has agreed to the concessions" and the stocks soared. If you went to the sight you saw the true statement, IBT has agreed to send the concessions to the rank and file for ratification.
That's why the stock market is considered to be corrupted in my mind. That sounds like inaccurate reporting to me.
Are the Corporate thieves writing the headlines so that they can cash in on their stocks? The market is easy to manipulate with words, statements, and fraudulent articles. These big shooters get rich off their manipulation of the market.
Just sayin'.

From what I gather, the Union has agreed to put it to a vote by the members, but the Union does not accept or agree to the terms within their offer.

What said in the break room and at home is two different things
I agree with you cracker. Seems most everyone that opens their mouth about the MOU extension is "NO", but when the vote comes in the mail every thing turns real all of the sudden and all the no's turn to yes.

So if YRCW goes down so will the pension fund and so will your fathers pension, have a great time telling him that
My old lady has been hounding me to get the hell out of here for four years and I tell her I'm here to fight to the end and try to do what my Dad did for his generation of teamsters!

If his father and the elders had just caved in on every threat from the company, none of us would even have a pension. In fact, the older Teamsters who have passed away would be rolling over their grave if they seen what's going on right now. Everything that they fought for being given back. I'm sure that they'd be real proud to see their efforts getting thrown away.