Yellow | Fun weather in NYC area next few days...

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD
WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM MONDAY TO MIDNIGHT EST
TUESDAY NIGHT. THE BLIZZARD WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...NEW YORK CITY AND SURROUNDING IMMEDIATE
SUBURBS...LONG ISLAND...AND MOST OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WITH BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 20 TO 30 INCHES...WITH
LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 4
INCHES PER HOUR EXPECTED LATE MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

* WINDS...NORTH 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS 55 TO 65 MPH...STRONGEST
ACROSS EASTERN LONG ISLAND.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 20S.

It sounds like fun to me. Why suffer in four inches of the stuff when you can wallow in two feet of it.

It sounds like fun to me. Why suffer in four inches of the stuff when you can wallow in two feet of it.

I totally agree. A few inches is just annoying. This amount makes everything shut down so might as well enjoy it. Have enough food and brew so bring it on. :smile new:

TV news is just saying it might be a storm of "historic" proportions.

I totally agree. A few inches is just annoying. This amount makes everything shut down so might as well enjoy it. Have enough food and brew so bring it on. :smile new:

TV news is just saying it might be a storm of "historic" proportions.
Don't they mean orgasmic proportions?

Man... I don't miss that stuff at all!
Gonna be 70 here in N. TX here on Monday.
Lived in Michigan the first 25 yrs of my life.
It's pretty when it's coming down. But the aftermath gets old.
But it is dangerous to drive in and work in.
Be careful up there.

YRC #135 Hsbg, just called me, my bid #116 Deer Park, LI, NY, has been cancelled for tonight.

Good move Sugarfoot. You definitely don't want to be up this way right now much less later tonight. In the last hour it really started to come down heavily.

Good move Sugarfoot. You definitely don't want to be up this way right now much less later tonight. In the last hour it really started to come down heavily.
Come on Triplex, back in the day of Maislen they could not keep you off the road. You would have been leading the pack.

Come on Triplex, back in the day of Maislen they could not keep you off the road. You would have been leading the pack.

We were nut cases back then for sure! We wouldn't get off the road till the snow depth reached the white stripe on the sides of the trailers. Only problem was when I pulled a container there was no stripe so I couldn't stop! :biglaugh:

gfqSktX.jpg

On bright moonlit nights in the winter we'd run down the Northway from Montreal with all our lights off and get a kick out of what drivers going the other way would be saying on the CB when they saw us go by. Other times we'd run three abreast on the two lanes. Crazy, fun times for sure.