FedEx Freight | Furloughs!!

Just wish our center manager would acknowledge the problem our center is facing .with overstaffing of employees. Ask him questions and get a bullchit answer. I don’t like what’s happening but hell tell us the truth for a change . What if any centers have same issues with center manager and so called supervisors.

Just wish our center manager would acknowledge the problem our center is facing .with overstaffing of employees. Ask him questions and get a bullchit answer. I don’t like what’s happening but hell tell us the truth for a change . What if any centers have same issues with center manager and so called supervisors.
A couple of us at our center have told them for years that they've overstaffed drivers.
The problem is we have a majority of drivers who want to work 30 hours a week.
That is until these furloughs started.
Now they want their hours and wouldn't dare take a month or two off.

A couple of us at our center have told them for years that they've overstaffed drivers.
The problem is we have a majority of drivers who want to work 30 hours a week.
That is until these furloughs started.
Now they want their hours and wouldn't dare take a month or two off.
Our center over staffed because of incompetent supervisors they don’t know what end is up and with all the extra bodies they could cover up the disasters they create daily.Now they are and have been asking people to take cc days since Nov what a waste of time they spend on phones calling people Purple Promise my azz

This is sad! Have you people ever considered the Teamsters?

Yeah, those union companies have never furloughed anyone or had layoffs....

Say what you want about FedEx, but they're handling this the right way. Take some time off, keep your seniorty, collect unemployment, get a fat check when you come back and keep your benefits. It's not sad at all.

Yeah, those union companies have never furloughed anyone or had layoffs....

Say what you want about FedEx, but they're handling this the right way. Take some time off, keep your seniorty, collect unemployment, get a fat check when you come back and keep your benefits. It's not sad at all.
If you say so. There is no law that says a man can’t be happy.

Really? Who deserted who?

ouch
Well I'll keep it brief because I've covered this in length in the past. We couldn't get them to show up at all in Nashville especially when when people needed some reassurance.

Then after we got a 6 cent a mile raise they showed up trying to pass out cards. When we needed them the most they were nowhere to be found..

Well I'll keep it brief because I've covered this in length in the past. We couldn't get them to show up at all in Nashville especially when when people needed some reassurance.

Then after we got a 6 cent a mile raise they showed up trying to pass out cards. When we needed them the most they were nowhere to be found..

Wow! You are on the other side of the country from me!

That’s a pretty interesting story, though.

To be fair, I have never heard this story before, so I am only making assumptions from the short version you shared. I think I understand. But I would have to ask a few questions about what happened.

For instance, if the Teamsters do not represent the employees there, why would those employees expect the Teamsters to comfort them?

I think it’s great that some people have it in themselves to fight for their dignity, but I wonder why their brothers and sisters didn’t stand with them.

I’d also think that $.06 per mile per driver adds up to a lot of money. To that end, I’d have to wonder why the company was so intimidated by the Teamsters-who do NOT even represent the drivers-that they opened up the purse and paid more. I’d have to wonder what else was there.

I grew up on the east coast, and I learned as a kid that I NEVER turn my back on a brother. Out here in the West … not so much.

Like I said, it just made me wonder. Thanks for explaining it. I wish you all the best.

Why did u get that 6 cent raise?

Personally, I'll never forget the "band-aid" effort to protest our healthcare coverage. Not many knew about it, but is was among the most lame organized "show of solidarity" ever conceived.

:clapping: