XPO | G p s in hand helds

Gps

Hi all you Monster Killer smoke billowing machine drivers out there...I believe that the gps will give the dispatcher and greater knowledge of where you are so they can send you for pick up's and not send you miles away waisint fuel and time...and yes they can keep track of you, the cracker crumb trail...we the honest drivers have nothing to fear, it's the dishonest ones that are complaining the most...it shows by them bitching about it, and it hasn't been in service yet...hmmm ...you all be safe out there and keep the faith brothers...we have a job and good jobs are very hard to find...Gary

we have a job and good jobs are very hard to find.

Con-Way is proof that good jobs are hard to find!!
Really do hope GPS will remove some of the dead wood. Too bad it won't help on the dock. BTW people I don't know if they have access to it now but the handheld is updating your position now, every 15 seconds. If you mess around with it you can find the screen that shows it.

GPS wont help city dispatch at all. They do what is called hot potato dispatch at my terminal .. the moment it hits dispatches screen it hits ours .. no matter where it is at ..

If you don't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Hopefully this will stop those that everyday, get back into the yard at the exact same time, just after the last late night pickups have been handed out. Also it may stop those ridiculous pick ups that get sent to drivers that are no where near the area. From what I have seen, dispatch need all the help they can get to make them more efficient. Sometimes it feels like they just throw darts at the wall to make their decisions.

I say Bring It On I always do my job to the best of my ability and never cheat the company out of a dime..but some at my barn are nothing but MILKMEN

Now they will see that they send 2 or 3 drivers to pick up 1 skid at a customer.

Hell yeah, this I have seen time, and time again. I wonder if this will actually force them to be smarter about the decisions they make, or if it will be more of the same "who cares as long as it's off my computer screen" mentality.

any time a dispatcher maps a customer with the current software in our computers it may or may not be accurate. Pop quiz... see how many dispatchers realize that over on the right side of their mapping screen it will indicate actual or "AREA" if address is not found. Daily a pickup is sent to a driver 15 miles away instead of the driver 2 blocks away. "Because the computer says it's over there". I would think that if the address was reported as not found a dispatcher would dig further to find it... a teachable moment.

hear now that a couple fac,s requiring you to start scanning freight 10 min. after you swipe your kronos card on the dock, if not you have to answer for it.

I have been helping at my barn with the previews of the new upgrades (TM found out I am a computer geek). GPS will start next Monday. Pretty funny that the only ones in the groups who have problems with the GPS are the ones that we all know come back in a milk truck.

I have been helping at my barn with the previews of the new upgrades (TM found out I am a computer geek). GPS will start next Monday. Pretty funny that the only ones in the groups who have problems with the GPS are the ones that we all know come back in a milk truck.

Actually they have been on since Monday 5/9

At least the lazy f's will have to work now......better get ur game face on....it is gonna get worse. Then again, its gonna just get better. Depends on how you look at it. Part of my screwing up was steaming over these douche bags bringing in 6 skids on a pup and leaving well b4 I did as I unoaded a huge city trlr. I think this is great! Let the pressure build higher!!! Love it!

Careful what you wish for, could bite ya.