FedEx Freight | Ground pulling freight pups

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
So how many centers is ground pulling freight pups? Come to find out last night that ground has been coming through CHA and picking up pups, because they have empty's going to ATL.

The problem is that CHA is canceling BIDS so they can do this! Oh and Nashville has to via CHA on the way back to get their freight to them!

So CHA has freight both ways and they are canceling bids to accommodate GROUND! Ground is also pulling pups out of WME. I'm afraid this may become more rampant in the future.

ground contractors get paid weather they roll or sit, mty or loaded. freight drivers don't get paid unless they work or burn pto or vacation so you see who is more important and or going to be starved out
Is this true?

I'm currently working for a ground contractor, trying to get into freight when it picks back up.

If that's the case, I need to talk to my contractor, been sitting a lot lately.

ground contractors get paid weather they roll or sit, mty or loaded. freight drivers don't get paid unless they work or burn pto or vacation so you see who is more important and or going to be starved out
Not true,at ground if you sit,you do not get paid,breakdown=no pay,accident=no pay,construction=no pay,any kind of delay=no pay

One of our guys runs to WME past 2 weeks on his return home he's had 1 and an empty 3 times. And each time central had him single home. Even left dolly at WME each time. 10 years I've been with company and central ever had me single home they've never had leave dolly as well. Our guy said WME dispatch said there hurting for equipment but our guy said there plenty empties dollys on yard. So who knows

One of our guys runs to WME past 2 weeks on his return home he's had 1 and an empty 3 times. And each time central had him single home. Even left dolly at WME each time. 10 years I've been with company and central ever had me single home they've never had leave dolly as well. Our guy said WME dispatch said there hurting for equipment but our guy said there plenty empties dollys on yard. So who knows

If they gave ground pulling stuff, that means they have dollies going out, but not coming in.

I wouldn't leave my dolly. That's a them problem. Tell them you left it and bring back home. Next trip, tell dispatch to update it and you have no idea why it's showing in WME.

It's hard to find a good dolly. They're excessively covered in grease or the lines are all twisted or they have herpes tires or a combination of the 3.

Nashville has about IDK well over a 100 empties on yard on daily basis, and 10+ purchase running out of nashville daily with 10+ drivers sitting at home unless we take CC days!

If they gave ground pulling stuff, that means they have dollies going out, but not coming in.

I wouldn't leave my dolly. That's a them problem. Tell them you left it and bring back home. Next trip, tell dispatch to update it and you have no idea why it's showing in WME.

It's hard to find a good dolly. They're excessively covered in grease or the lines are all twisted or they have herpes tires or a combination of the 3.
Or option 4.

It has a data plate from Watkins. And still has the watkins 800 number.

Or option 4.

It has a data plate from Watkins. And still has the watkins 800 number.

I've never seen those, but my building was an AF building back in the day. We have some 3000xxx units floating around. I don't know if they were from the AF days, but that's my assumption. They're my favorite because they don't have the big back like the D13 units and they're light.

Your working for a contractor. Your not a contractor. I don't know if his statement is true, but contractor's have contracts. Driver's don't!
Based on other responses to that post, my assumption is that the statement was false.

Theyr being said, contractors should be cognizant of who was with them when it was slim pickings for drivers.

I'm aware that the vast majority of contractors aren't multimillionaires, however there's something to be said about taking care of your drivers when it's lean for them.

There are also many companies and industrIes that pay you your daily bread when there's no work through no fault of their own.

Let’s talk about the Ground model.

Does it only exist to let people launder money?

Why would anyone start a relationship with Fedex as a contractor instead of just investing their money in stock?

Do any of these contractors understand trucking?

It all seems like a complete pyramid scheme/ scam to me… Thoughts?

I'm aware that the vast majority of contractors aren't multimillionaires, however there's something to be said about taking care of your drivers when it's lean for them.
Here you go read this and then go on with the theories .

Here you go read this and then go on with the theories .

If I'm reading those right, those numbers suck. I'm better off doing what I'm doing now. No headaches and no stress.

As you look to buy a FedEx Ground route, look for P&D businesses with profit margins between 10%-25% of revenue. These are healthy businesses! For example, if you purchase a FedEx Ground route with approximately $800,000 in revenue per year, you can expect to pull in approximately $120,000 in profit (or 15%).