XPO | Hand Helds Gone?

longtimeltl

Retired and Happy!
Credits
:hide: I heard that our $30 million expendature on hand held computers is DONE! Victim of the economic times!
Evidentally, the sales force has been touting " real time " pickups and deliveries on line, and now, we, the DSRS will be calling in at each stop to deliver the information. Help me out here....is it just local? or is it everywhere?:smilie_132:

:hide: I heard that our $30 million expendature on hand held computers is DONE! Victim of the economic times!
Evidentally, the sales force has been touting " real time " pickups and deliveries on line, and now, we, the DSRS will be calling in at each stop to deliver the information. Help me out here....is it just local? or is it everywhere?:smilie_132:

And this surprises you...???

We don't need the damn things anyway!!!!

(Besides it may take away much needed money for the race truck!).

Rat :loser:

And this surprises you...???

We don't need the damn things anyway!!!!

(Besides it may take away much needed money for the race truck!).

:hide: I was told that the hand helds would cure everything that ails us.................tell me it ain't so! I for one, am glad they are not spending $30 million on these pieces of S***!!!!!:smilie_132:

I saw one of my old Con-way buddies calling in his Pro Numbers and BOL info to a CSR while at a stop.
He said they have to do this with every pick-up.
The CSR was totally rude and the driver told me this CSR makes it difficult for drivers to call in info with her attitude.
I grabbed his Nextel phone and told her to chill out with her PMS'ing.
It was a LOL moment because I knew her.

:hide: I was told that the hand helds would cure everything that ails us.................tell me it ain't so! I for one, am glad they are not spending $30 million on these pieces of S***!!!!!:smilie_132:

It ain't so!!!

Just another freaking CW "I gotta have it" pipe dream.

Been getting along without them so far...you connect the dots on this and tell me.

I saw one of my old Con-way buddies calling in his Pro Numbers and BOL info to a CSR while at a stop.
He said they have to do this with every pick-up.
The CSR was totally rude and the driver told me this CSR makes it difficult for drivers to call in info with her attitude.
I grabbed his Nextel phone and told her to chill out with her PMS'ing.
It was a LOL moment because I knew her.

:hide: If you are lucky.....you get a half decent person.....otherwise, you get an office RAT who does not give a S***, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

i've use the hand held at a southern FAC i love it you don't have to say nothing to a FOS the hand held does it all for ya print bills, do dock walks you don't need your ink pen on the dock now thats a good investment!!

i've use the hand held at a southern FAC i love it you don't have to say nothing to a FOS the hand held does it all for ya print bills, do dock walks you don't need your ink pen on the dock now thats a good investment!!

$30 million bucks buys alot of ink pens...

They told us 15 years ago that we were going with automated manifesting and P&D Hand helds, that we would not have to take our gloves off in the winter to write pros, etc.

I don't take my thick gloves off in the winter anyways and I know that what I sign on is completely illegible....That's if the ink is running and not frozen. I like it considering I don't want to written up for rework I did not do after my less then sensible progressive loading.

$30 Million? You are too low my friend. This was going to cost us $50 to $60 million, but now on hold due to the economy and the new revised 2009 profit figure.

Now we are to call in at every stop. What a waste of time, i figure 3oo to 500 more call s a day into the servce center. How will our customers get through on the tied up phone lines? Looks like another half hour a day for us just calling at every stop. Ridiculous!!!

$30 Million? You are too low my friend. This was going to cost us $50 to $60 million, but now on hold due to the economy and the new revised 2009 profit figure.
:hide: The $30 million figure was told to me by my RM. I have not officialy been told that we are not going to get them, heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend! Is it true?:smilie_132:

The final price tag is approx 40 million, with about 10 already invested to this point...handhelds have been delayed (not canceled) until the economy recovers, which is definitely soon with this new stimulus bill, everything should be better in a couple weeks, as soon as Pelosi gets back from her italian vacation...
Phones...???? Do any of you use nextels anywhere..???

Nevermind...Why do I bother asking these questions..?? None of you have any idea, except Cane, how efficient these units are going to make ALOT OF THINGS, not just your little corner of the world...

The final price tag is approx 40 million, with about 10 already invested to this point...handhelds have been delayed (not canceled) until the economy recovers, which is definitely soon with this new stimulus bill, everything should be better in a couple weeks, as soon as Pelosi gets back from her italian vacation...
Phones...???? Do any of you use nextels anywhere..???

Nevermind...Why do I bother asking these questions..?? None of you have any idea, except Cane, how efficient these units are going to make ALOT OF THINGS, not just your little corner of the world...
:hide: Box, I have to agree to disagree! Hand helds are probably the best thing we can utilize, although the current economic conditions make me think that now is NOT the time to introduce them.
Definitely Soon?
Surely you jest!
Yes, I do use a Nextel every day....OK, Monday through Friday!
Economic Stimulas? 7 Million more, non tax paying citizens recieving the " Earned income credit " on top of paying NO taxes.......WOW, this should really straighten things out!:smilie_132:

:hide: Box, I have to agree to disagree! Hand helds are probably the best thing we can utilize, although the current economic conditions make me think that now is NOT the time to introduce them.
Definitely Soon?
Surely you jest!
Yes, I do use a Nextel every day....OK, Monday through Friday!
Economic Stimulas? 7 Million more, non tax paying citizens recieving the " Earned income credit " on top of paying NO taxes.......WOW, this should really straighten things out!:smilie_132:

So, you detected my sarcasm on this subject..The handhelds will probably be postponed through 09 is my best guess..and that is to protect our cash position...With the money we lost in January, and the way February is going, it is time to tighten the belt to the last notch now..

So, you detected my sarcasm on this subject..The handhelds will probably be postponed through 09 is my best guess..and that is to protect our cash position...With the money we lost in January, and the way February is going, it is time to tighten the belt to the last notch now..
:hide: Along with the parked tractors, we should be in excellent shape in 2010! :smilie_132:

I project the handheld project to be delayed until at least 2011. Lets see, we finished 2008 with $248 million cash on hand, have to put oh $35 million into the pension this year, adn have a $200 million dollar debt payment due in 2010.

Anyone want to tell me where the money comes from to do this in the next 2 years.. Cash from continuing operations in this economy??