XPO | Hand Helds Gone?

The market is contracting....We are all going to have to shrink with it, or there will be major casualties..There may be anyway, but we don't want to be it..

:hide: As a 22 year emplowee, I hope that I will survive the downturn!!!! 3 year's till full retiermant>>>>>>>>>>>Go :smilie_132:

It seems to me that there are alot of linehaul drivers here. I for one want nothing to do with those things. I believe that it will just slow us down even more. Oh wait,,,I get paid by the hour.

:hide:
It seems to me that there are alot of linehaul drivers here. I for one want nothing to do with those things. I believe that it will just slow us down even more. Oh wait,,,I get paid by the hour.
NO: you mostly get paid by the hour, Your hourly rate is for hook,drop, or switch. The rest is paid in good $cents per mile:duh:

:hide: NO: you mostly get paid by the hour, Your hourly rate is for hook,drop, or switch. The rest is paid in good $cents per mile:duh:

He's a city driver running a great territory. I'm the idiot that decided line was for 2009. We both ran that area in 2008. I'm not sure if line-haul just plain stinks or if it is Newburgh, NY that stinks. The BS of getting back to my barn at 1:00 PM on Saturday morning/afternoon makes me think those that bid city are much smarter than me.

He's a city driver running a great territory. I'm the idiot that decided line was for 2009. We both ran that area in 2008. I'm not sure if line-haul just plain stinks or if it is Newburgh, NY that stinks. The BS of getting back to my barn at 1:00 PM on Saturday morning/afternoon makes me think those that bid city are much smarter than me.

:hide: I am a city DSR, I am currently earning approx. 15-20 hours a week OT, sorry about your luck!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

:hide: I am a city DSR, I am currently earning approx. 15-20 hours a week OT, sorry about your luck!!!!!!!:smilie_132:

I am indeed an idiot. I love running XNW. When you put together the fine road conditions and sector boss it is pure heaven. I had the chance to BS with an NMF (Miami, Fl) city driver last week and he pretty much thinks I'm an idiot too. Then again, he thinks all of us up north are foolish. I had a hard time arguing with him in his shorts in February.

No, it will help speed up the movement of freight on the dock...It doesn't matter how bad you don't want to deal with them, they will be coming...

The final price tag is approx 40 million, with about 10 already invested to this point...handhelds have been delayed (not canceled) until the economy recovers, which is definitely soon with this new stimulus bill, everything should be better in a couple weeks, as soon as Pelosi gets back from her italian vacation...
Phones...???? Do any of you use nextels anywhere..???

Nevermind...Why do I bother asking these questions..?? None of you have any idea, except Cane, how efficient these units are going to make ALOT OF THINGS, not just your little corner of the world...

Delayed? They must be pretty busy in China where they get all the rest of their junk. Summer caps in the winter. Go figure.

No, it will help speed up the movement of freight on the dock...It doesn't matter how bad you don't want to deal with them, they will be coming...

BoxB, I am not talking about it on the dock. What I am talking about out in the city. For me, I think it is quicker for me to phone into a CSR that has all the info in the computer to punch in the pro numbers, than for me to re-enter the zip, pieces, weight and pro number.

BoxB, I am not talking about it on the dock. What I am talking about out in the city. For me, I think it is quicker for me to phone into a CSR that has all the info in the computer to punch in the pro numbers, than for me to re-enter the zip, pieces, weight and pro number.

well, your scanner will take care of alot of that...I think before we panic about what may and may not work, let's see the system first...and that's gonna be a little while yet...

Hand Helds

The final price tag is approx 40 million, with about 10 already invested to this point...handhelds have been delayed (not canceled) until the economy recovers, which is definitely soon with this new stimulus bill, everything should be better in a couple weeks, as soon as Pelosi gets back from her italian vacation...
Phones...???? Do any of you use nextels anywhere..???

Nevermind...Why do I bother asking these questions..?? None of you have any idea, except Cane, how efficient these units are going to make ALOT OF THINGS, not just your little corner of the world...
i se them at nch and they are the cats MEOW!! but you know some people would B---H if you hung them with a new ROPE:nutkick::nutkick::biglaugh:

well, your scanner will take care of alot of that...I think before we panic about what may and may not work, let's see the system first...and that's gonna be a little while yet...
Even without the scanner the hand-helds are going to be the best thing to ever happen to a city driver. (We had them before you know.) The most annoying and counter-productive thing we do every day is call in to clear deliveries and call in cubes. We praised the nextels when we got them, :bowdown: now I would like to see the nextel burn in hell.:flame:

yea so much fun at a stop with 5 bills or more and sit for 10 mins waiting for a csr to answered you glad i get paid to sit and wait

yea so much fun at a stop with 5 bills or more and sit for 10 mins waiting for a csr to answered you glad i get paid to sit and wait

:hide: I hope the new and improved hand helds are MUCH better than the OLD and NOT improved ones! The old ones cost me about 5 minutes per stop!:smilie_132:

:hide: I hope the new and improved hand helds are MUCH better than the OLD and NOT improved ones! The old ones cost me about 5 minutes per stop!:smilie_132:

What were the old ones? The Nextel's or was there something else? For the last few weeks of 2008 I was using something new but I thought it was just a newer version of the Nextel's.

If you're talking about the ones that made you feel like a telephone company lineman, I think your sentiments are unanimous..
Thing was so big it needed it's own seat in the tractor..