XPO | Hand Helds Gone?

If you're talking about the ones that made you feel like a telephone company lineman, I think your sentiments are unanimous..
Thing was so big it needed it's own seat in the tractor..
It was like a small television and it actually had it's own seat. It was like a small car seat for a child. :)

If you're talking about the ones that made you feel like a telephone company lineman, I think your sentiments are unanimous..
Thing was so big it needed it's own seat in the tractor..

Well....that certainly is not going to work in the new 08 tractors that we are not using....:hysterical:

Rat :biglaugh:

The final price tag is approx 40 million, with about 10 already invested to this point...handhelds have been delayed (not canceled) until the economy recovers, which is definitely soon with this new stimulus bill, everything should be better in a couple weeks, as soon as Pelosi gets back from her italian vacation...
Phones...???? Do any of you use nextels anywhere..???

Nevermind...Why do I bother asking these questions..?? None of you have any idea, except Cane, how efficient these units are going to make ALOT OF THINGS, not just your little corner of the world...

That is exactly what I heard.I was told by our SCM they just put them on hold,they have no intentions on dumping the program.
Im just grateful that we were the 1st ones to test them out.(Albany NY tested them too)
We use them on IB,FAC,Outbound,City P&D,dock pu's for everything.
So much easier then the old way we did it.Setting up the dock,closing trailers down you can even do mover pros,swing loads & so much more.
On IB when I'm loading a route I close the trailer down for del.it goes straight up to dispatch & he can get the load on the road.There is so much more that it would take too long to get into it.
I'm glad we have them.
P.S. they even have a phone with a direct connection to dispatch.No more looking for a phone or even better yet using your cell.

We have to move with the times, FedEx, OD, UPS, I for one hate writting on every piece of paper. Just think we would be writting letters to each other instead of using these computers. Get ride of the Race Truck and spend the money where it might help us.

We have to move with the times, FedEx, OD, UPS, I for one hate writting on every piece of paper. Just think we would be writting letters to each other instead of using these computers. Get ride of the Race Truck and spend the money where it might help us.

That is a very good idea BUT the racecar is under contract till 2010. That was explained in the video in november.