TForce | Has anyone seen a Yankee Candle shipment lately....?

I would think this would be like circumcising elephants, you get big tips!
Tips? More like the shaft.
One customer I don't miss. Back in the dark ages I had the pleasure of a Christmas time delivery to a high-end giant mall. Had to be 2000 cases or so, the mall had a policy on deliveries after 10 am, I wasn't told about that. After a trip or two on my company issue hand truck the Mall Police told me my hand truck wasn't equipped with air filled rubber tires and I wasn't allowed to cross their tile floors. Called dispatch, the usual, well so and so doesn't ever have a problem there. I called the regular driver and he told me where to find a small flat cart hidden in the maze of corridors. I found the cart eventually and loaded up and went to the store. I went in and the woman in charge started pointing to cases, "this one stays here, these two go to the storage room, I need these three". I ended up handling each case at least 3 times, called dispatch and was told, "do what they say". It took me at least 6 hours, Yankee Candle has never gotten one nickel from me.....

One customer I don't miss. Back in the dark ages I had the pleasure of a Christmas time delivery to a high-end giant mall. Had to be 2000 cases or so, the mall had a policy on deliveries after 10 am, I wasn't told about that. After a trip or two on my company issue hand truck the Mall Police told me my hand truck wasn't equipped with air filled rubber tires and I wasn't allowed to cross their tile floors. Called dispatch, the usual, well so and so doesn't ever have a problem there. I called the regular driver and he told me where to find a small flat cart hidden in the maze of corridors. I found the cart eventually and loaded up and went to the store. I went in and the woman in charge started pointing to cases, "this one stays here, these two go to the storage room, I need these three". I ended up handling each case at least 3 times, called dispatch and was told, "do what they say". It took me at least 6 hours, Yankee Candle has never gotten one nickel from me.....
I think I know what shopping mall you are talking about. I had the same exact experience years ago about my hand truck.

Sounds like Ameriserve and US Foods... rotate stock. Only for youngsters, i got out quick and straight to Linehaul.

Crumudgeon, the mall that I was talking about was The Westchester Mall in White Planes N.Y. Maybe they were both owed by the same parent company.
They are all the same, not truck friendly, maze of corridors, mall police up your gazoo about anything, getting close to a door to unload, UPS had a straight truck or a pup dropped at almost all of them. How dare a mere working man interfere with the browsing habits of the upper-class. I go to the mall once a year to buy the Ol' woman some jewelry.

Thats why I do not do any shopping mall anything in trucking evah. I refuse them and sometimes got fired for it. Some other chump can get the shaft as Mr C nicely puts it.

My worst load ever in little stuff is McCormick Spices in a full 48 foot on the floor out of Hunt Valley Maryland loading from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon going to Sysco in Horseheads above Elmira NY.

6000 to 7000 individual little bottles of their entire line of spices and some special orders besides. Little individual bottles on the floor front to back. ALL of them checked off against the foot thick spread sheet they hand you.

Oh by the way its 6:40 am now you are getting kicked out at 4Pm today. Get it empty drivah.

Noon comes around and only 1/3 of trailer is off loaded myself. One little individual bottles box at a time checking two seperate numbers. One UPC code and I think a barcode of some sort. It must agree with spreadsheet before putting on small wood.

They usually brought in 6 to 8 people to help with this load. They had to. Be there a week. I quit that company. And good riddiance. Turns out they failed to pay the tax bills required to the state on the shop and yard properly (Land and buildings) and were put out of authroity and out of business entirely that year.

I spent years in malls growing up. The kiddies today have their precious schools to destroy their minds, we had the mall to chase pretty girls and spend a dollar on everything in the place until hunted by the mall security. Which was not that much. One in particular i remember, 110 pounds soaking wet ordering a 300 hulking pounder to get off the property.

That was the last day of that gaurd being among us in a free society. What the hulker did to him was pretty much being discovered to this day.