TForce | Has anyone tryed to collect for sick time since we became UPS Freight?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I'm decided to burn up the rest of my vacation days,for my heart artery recovery.
Days I planed on taking at Christmas time.
Just a short time after we became UPS one of my co-workers that works P & D was out for a sore back,for a little over a week.
He thought he'd get his sick pay like when we were Overnite.
But when the time came to receive it,no check was there for him.
He asked our office gal.
She said he had to call Richmond.
He told us he had to talk to a Etna insurance rep.,
As far as I know he's still waiting to get paid?
He says he may just write it off.
He says its a big hassel now.

So thats why I'm taking vacation for my off time.
Has any of my other UPS Freight co-workers in the system encountered any trouble with sick pay?

Can you explan anymore about the sick pay Skeeterhawk?

If you can't is there any of our co-workers in any terminals that has anyother info?

Your sick pay is based on your base pay and paid to you through the disibility insurance you took out and became effective July 1 2006.

You no longer have any sick pay through UPS Freight. Those five days we had disapeared.

If you didn't sign up for the disability insurance you don't have any sick pay, period.

The disibility insurance starts paying the first day for a injury. and has a four day wainting period for sickness.

You will NOT get a pay check from UPS Freight. You will get your payments from the insurance company.

UPS Freight will bill you for your insurance and you will have to pay it with a personal check while you are off to keep your benifits current.

Anyone who didn't use the 5 sick days before July 1 2006 DON'T LOOK FOR THE $50.00 A DAY REINBURSMENT LIKE WE USE TO GET WITH OVERNITE.

here's what i can tell you. you get paid starting first day for an injury and on the 4th for sickness or otherwise...... i had my surgery planned so it has gone better than people who have gotten sick and had to miss a few days. You lose he first 2 days ( you can use your vac. days for the first 2) then on the 3rd day you can use 1 of your 5 sick days.if you know you're gonna miss more time you need to notify your supervisor immediately. he in turn will call shirley daniels ( i believe that's her name) then you have to call aetna and tell them. they will then send you package of paperwork and you fill out the forms that apply to your situation.

we get paid on thursday at our terminal. i receive my checks from aetna on monday. if you have a 401k loan, those payments have to be sent in to citistreet by cashiers check or money order. ups will bill you for ins, life ins. etc........in the paperwork they send you there's a w-4 form for how you won't your taxes held out whether as single or married. i checked married and they held it out as single. i faxed the form to them again and it's taken them a month to get it right!!!!!!!!! a doctor also has to fill out some of the papers ( the flma papers:family leave act). if you don't have a fax machine, i would advise you to get one. if i remember right, the original have to sent to aetna but it handy to have one for getting info from the doctor. it saves on travel time and gas. before you can go back to work you have to be released by the doctor and ups hass to approve your return. there's form that your supervisor has to fill out and your terminal manager has to sign it so you can be an activated employee once again or you'll work and not get paid until this form shows your are an employee. this is all the gospel truth!!!!! we still have our 5 days, you can only take them one at a time. i'm sure i left something out. just pm me and i'll try to explain better

sorry for it all running together, i just didn't won't to take them the time to put it all in paragraphs.

Amazing, if you didn't sign up for sick days and pay for them you don't get them.....such a deal!!!!!

What's even more amazing is when I'm sick ( which is never) I call up, book off sick and let them know I need to be paid a sick day and it's in my check the next week along with my weekly wages. All the taxes and everything from 401k, stock options and United Way taken out.

I do recall an Article in the contract that covers sick days.
Seems a lot easier to me, but that's just me I guess.

Teamster251 said:
Amazing, if you didn't sign up for sick days and pay for them you don't get them.....such a deal!!!!!

What's even more amazing is when I'm sick ( which is never) I call up, book off sick and let them know I need to be paid a sick day and it's in my check the next week along with my weekly wages. All the taxes and everything from 401k, stock options and United Way taken out.

I do recall an Article in the contract that covers sick days.
Seems a lot easier to me, but that's just me I guess.
hmmm, and you don't even need to be out a certain number of days!

WOW what a run around?
I'm real glad I had vacation time left for this year.

Now My wife and I will agree in prayer that God will touch my doctors heart to allow me to return to work before all the rest of my vacation days runs out.

No wounder my co-worker is so bitter about the new UPS system.

I only signed up for life insurance when Overnite changed over to the UPS benefits,so I guess I'm not going to be able to get sick pay anyway?

By the way hows the Indy contract talks coming?
HA,HA,HA,just kidding.

But how did we wind up with this sick leave deal?

Well at least when the benefits come around the next time we UPS Freight workers will know where we stand.

Several years ago my husband had his arm in a cast and could not drive. We of course had the long term disability back then. After that, there is no way we will ever turn down the option, no matter what the hassle is.

Teamster251 said:
A

Quick question, How can you book off sick, if you aren't sick?????

How to file a disability claim
https://www.upsers.com/ep-s/upsers/...on-union+Disability+Benefits+Sub-landing+Page
If you become unable to work due to an injury or illness, you should file a claim with Broadspire by calling 1-866-825-0186 or by logging on to the Broadspire Web site. You must file a claim with Broadspire no later than 60 days after the illness or injury. If you do not contact Broadspire within 60 days of the initial date of disability, you will not be eligible for benefits.

When calling to file a claim, you should be prepared to provide the representative the following information:

• Your name, address, and phone number

• Your Social Security number

• Name and address of your work location

• Your date of hire

• Your supervisor’s name and phone number

• The date of injury or illness

• Your doctor’s name, address, and phone number

• The date you were first treated for this condition

Valerie said:
Quick question, How can you book off sick, if you aren't sick?????

Val, Whether I am sick or not I can just tell my TM to give me a sick day if I am taking a day off for whatever reason. I have no waiting period to get sick time and it will be in my check the following week

Thanks a lot for that valuable information Skeeterhawk,your a very good co-worker to share this information with us.
I wish I'd of had my UPS Freight benefits explaned to me better before I made the change from Overinte to their non-union benefits plan.

But thanks again for your kindness to make this information come up in plan english for all of us UPS Freight haulers.

Not True !! I Went Off Sick 2 Weeks Ago And This Is The Way It Is.
1. You Give 2 Days Without Pay Then On The 3rd Day You Get 1 Paid Sick Day - On The 4th Day You Go On Short Term Disability (if You Took It Out). But Dont Hold Your Breath To Get Your Short Term Money Soon It Takes Awhile.

sick pay

Apostolic said:
I'm decided to burn up the rest of my vacation days,for my heart artery recovery.
Days I planed on taking at Christmas time.
Just a short time after we became UPS one of my co-workers that works P & D was out for a sore back,for a little over a week.
He thought he'd get his sick pay like when we were Overnite.
But when the time came to receive it,no check was there for him.
He asked our office gal.
She said he had to call Richmond.
He told us he had to talk to a Etna insurance rep.,
As far as I know he's still waiting to get paid?
He says he may just write it off.
He says its a big hassel now.

So thats why I'm taking vacation for my off time.
Has any of my other UPS Freight co-workers in the system encountered any trouble with sick pay?
yes there is a problem seems like alot of terminals have this