TForce | Has anyone tryed to collect for sick time since we became UPS Freight?

LOCAL776 said:
its call a mental sick day putting up with the idiots out there
You got that right local776. Too bad you don't have the 48 book off up there as well(120). But I do here they're pretty lenient with you guys.

Ok .. Someone please tell me ... UPS as anyother Co. can change benifits at anytime they wish too? Or is this Sick pay question just because of the Co. buy out? A person would think that until ALLLL benifits were changed in the health pkgs starting in 2007 they couldn't or wouldn't change anything. Does this also mean that UPS can come back at anytime and change anything they want? Are they changing the sick pay or has it always been this way and its just something new to Overnite and Motorcargo drivers I'm confussed.

LOCAL776 said:
its call a mental sick day putting up with the idiots out there

I agree 100% with needing a mental sick day after having to put up with them. We got rain yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. The way some of the idiots were driving, it was the first time they ever drove in the rain. Heaven help us when we get our first snow....

LOCAL776 said:
Not True !! I Went Off Sick 2 Weeks Ago And This Is The Way It Is.
1. You Give 2 Days Without Pay Then On The 3rd Day You Get 1 Paid Sick Day - On The 4th Day You Go On Short Term Disability (if You Took It Out). But Dont Hold Your Breath To Get Your Short Term Money Soon It Takes Awhile.
Your short-term disability is included for FREE. It is long term and it has three options that you can choose. You get to decide what is best for you and your family. I have a hard time understanding how when I get to make a decision about my life and family that it is such a bad thing... Maybe I'm just confused...:wounded1:

https://www.upsers.com/ep-s/upsers/...on-union+Disability+Benefits+Sub-landing+Page

Covered benefits

Disability benefits through the Flexible Benefits Plan protect your income if you have an absence caused by an illness or accidental injury not related to work. Two types of coverage are provided, depending on the length of your absence:

• Short-term disability (STD) pays a percentage of your base pay during absences of up to six months if you continue to be approved by Broadspire. There is no cost to employees for short-term disability.• Long-term disability (LTD) pays a percentage of your monthly base pay when your short-term disability benefits have been exhausted and you continue to be approved by AETNA. Coverage is purchased with Flex Credits. An employee may be required to contribute, depending on the option elected.

skeeterhawk said:
are you calling me a liar?
Skeeterhawk,
I was agreeing with you. I'm sorry if you thought I was disgreeing. I think some of us think that if I'm out sick for 4 days and do not get a doctor excuse for being out those 4 days that Short term just automatically kicks in. I agree 110% with you. Just read and use the calculation sheet and decide what is best for you and your family. Sorry once again if you thought I was stating that you were giving out false information.