TForce | health insurance

cracker

TB Regular
Credits
Hi just wondering what you guys pay for family health insurance per week, any info i would appreciate, thanks

cracker said:
Hi just wondering what you guys pay for family health insurance per week, any info i would appreciate, thanks
For a family of four at UPSF I am paying $45.29 per week. That includes Dental, Vision and major medical and more. My wife keeps up with it.

About 42 per week 80/20 plan w/vision and dental, supplemental life, AD&D, disability,etc. but thats just for hubby and myself.

The Medco plan SUCKS!!! When it was MotorCargo The MedCo plan paid all but $50.00 on a repeat medication every 90 days, $150.00 was all I had to pay for my 3 meds,,. Now I pay 20% every 90 days. my $150.00 has grown to almost $400.00. You would think they could do a better plan.

Bar&Grill said:
The Medco plan SUCKS!!! When it was MotorCargo The MedCo plan paid all but $50.00 on a repeat medication every 90 days, $150.00 was all I had to pay for my 3 meds,,. Now I pay 20% every 90 days. my $150.00 has grown to almost $400.00. You would think they could do a better plan.
Health Care is a huge issue in todays company's. Most are trying to do away with medical and pension benefits and putting the cost on to the employees. I have many friends who pay for their own medical plans at $800-$1000 per month. I would love to have better benefits BUT I am not complaining.

I pay $6.52 that is for extra add and life medical just for myself.

If ups started out giving us the better insurance and we voted union most people would expect an upgrade from that.

But becuase they started with this aetna or whaterer it is in the union contract they can upgrade us to bcbs, the same can be said for the sickpay package we have.

It is soi people will think they got a good deal.

Speaking of good deals, why do some UPSF terminals have a company paid pension plan and others only the 401K that you have to contribute into? I don't understand this.

I am still trying to decide if I like the new prescription plan at Medco. In the past for one of my arthritis meds, I had to pay $20 for 90 day supply. Now it is costing me @ $16 for the same meds. I am sure that there are some other meds that will cost more. What gets me is if the plan only pays 20% and it is costing me @ $16.00, I guess the plan was pocketig the difference when I was having to pay $20 for it. You need to watch places like Walmart. I had one filled there. If I paid cash, it would only cost me $5.00, but if I used my Medco, I would have had to pay the $20.00 co-pay.

SusieRyder said:
Speaking of good deals, why do some UPSF terminals have a company paid pension plan and others only the 401K that you have to contribute into? I don't understand this.
All UPSF termanals have both

Meds

Valerie said:
I am still trying to decide if I like the new prescription plan at Medco. In the past for one of my arthritis meds, I had to pay $20 for 90 day supply. Now it is costing me @ $16 for the same meds. I am sure that there are some other meds that will cost more. What gets me is if the plan only pays 20% and it is costing me @ $16.00, I guess the plan was pocketig the difference when I was having to pay $20 for it. You need to watch places like Walmart. I had one filled there. If I paid cash, it would only cost me $5.00, but if I used my Medco, I would have had to pay the $20.00 co-pay.

Medco Pays 80%, you pay the 20% so if your paying $16.00 now they are $160.00 reg price for 3 months supply, But if you are only getting a 30 day supply you need to have your Dr. change it to the 90 day. In fact Medco will notify you telling you to have your Dr. write it up as a 90 supply for continuing drugs.unless your Dr. makes you come in every 30 days to be looked at, which some Meds and sme Dr. require.

Overnite said:
I pay $6.52 that is for extra add and life medical just for myself.

If ups started out giving us the better insurance and we voted union most people would expect an upgrade from that.

But becuase they started with this aetna or whaterer it is in the union contract they can upgrade us to bcbs, the same can be said for the sickpay package we have.

It is soi people will think they got a good deal.

What union contract says that?

As far as I know you all don't have a union contract.

UPS Master
doesn't have language on health care or upgrades.

National Master Freight has none either.

Health care benifits are supplied by the locals and there is no language about any kind of helth care in any contract.

Stop spinning, if and when you obtain a union contract you will have your benifits controlled at a local level, not a contract level.

T251

PS I work for UPS and pay nothing, haven't paid a dime for my benifits in 22 years.

SusieRyder said:
All of Overnite (UPSF) terminals have both. I can't speak for the MC terminals. I don't know what benefits they had or got when the two companys came together.

Bar&Grill said:
Medco Pays 80%, you pay the 20% so if your paying $16.00 now they are $160.00 reg price for 3 months supply, But if you are only getting a 30 day supply you need to have your Dr. change it to the 90 day. In fact Medco will notify you telling you to have your Dr. write it up as a 90 supply for continuing drugs.unless your Dr. makes you come in every 30 days to be looked at, which some Meds and sme Dr. require.

These were also 90 day supplies. Actually it was still from the same original prescription. We the coverage changed, Medco did not require new written prescriptions.