TForce | health insurance

Busternite, I hope you are right but I can't find anything about the pension in the paperwork we received. My husband drives a blue Overnite truck with UPSF brand on the doors, a flatbed that hauls steel out of Mississippi and the division is called "truckload". Does that make a difference in benefits?

For what I know of the old Overnite Special Service division.
They always got a lower milage rate of pay than Overnite freight.
I'm not sure about their benefits,but if the milage pay is lower,I'm sure they get lesser benefits as well.
Now that everything is blended into the UPS company.
All the pay,and benefits were carried over,from the way they were being Overnite.

Is there anyother UPS S.S .drivers around the boards that knows the right answers?

SusieRyder said:
Busternite, I hope you are right but I can't find anything about the pension in the paperwork we received. My husband drives a blue Overnite truck with UPSF brand on the doors, a flatbed that hauls steel out of Mississippi and the division is called "truckload". Does that make a difference in benefits?
Allthough Overnite owned the Special Division and truck load service It was not in the same category as all the Overnite LTL company terminals. The benefits package was not the same as the LTL terminals. I do not know if truck load (special services) had a pension plan. I do know that their benefits and wages were not as good as Overnite LTL.

Ok thanks to all for your information. He wants to transfer up to the Memphis terminal which is much closer to home and he spoke with a driver there who also told him that the pay and benefits were much better. I am just not sure how the process goes when asking for a transfer.

Wouldn't wait to long

SusieRyder said:
Ok thanks to all for your information. He wants to transfer up to the Memphis terminal which is much closer to home and he spoke with a driver there who also told him that the pay and benefits were much better. I am just not sure how the process goes when asking for a transfer.

Dave wants to be transfered back home. He's in Medford Or. and we live in Fresno Ca. He's been there for a yr. Transfers were frozen for 3 months on the westcost, They just lifted them on the 1st of Oct. he signed up for a transfer that day and still has heard nothing.. Your husband has to find out 1st if he is needed where he wants tranfered too and if the yard he is working out of can do with out him. Good Luck.

Bar&Grill said:
Dave wants to be transfered back home. He's in Medford Or. and we live in Fresno Ca. He's been there for a yr. Transfers were frozen for 3 months on the westcost, They just lifted them on the 1st of Oct. he signed up for a transfer that day and still has heard nothing.. Your husband has to find out 1st if he is needed where he wants tranfered too and if the yard he is working out of can do with out him. Good Luck.

Temaster's Teamster's Teamster's. Bring it on....:bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama:

Accelerator said:
Temaster's Teamster's Teamster's. Bring it on....:bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama:
I talk reguarly with a UPS Feeder Driver and he is a great guy who answers most of my questions. When I asked him about their transfer policy, he just laughed and said what transfer policy. When I explained the UPSF policy, he stated that they had no policy except to quit and try to get re-hired at the new location and loose all seniority. He said that if he went somewhere else, he would have to quit and then start all over, probably as a PT worker and then wait until his seniority would allow him to go FT and then he would have to go FT as a package driver and wait for his seniority to grow until he could become a feeder driver again. He stated it was because the union contract had no clause for transfers and the the union would not allow you to transfer locals and bump other members. Don't know if this is true or not, but everything else he has told me has been TRUE....

bamaboy said:
I talk reguarly with a UPS Feeder Driver and he is a great guy who answers most of my questions. When I asked him about their transfer policy, he just laughed and said what transfer policy. When I explained the UPSF policy, he stated that they had no policy except to quit and try to get re-hired at the new location and loose all seniority. He said that if he went somewhere else, he would have to quit and then start all over, probably as a PT worker and then wait until his seniority would allow him to go FT and then he would have to go FT as a package driver and wait for his seniority to grow until he could become a feeder driver again. He stated it was because the union contract had no clause for transfers and the the union would not allow you to transfer locals and bump other members. Don't know if this is true or not, but everything else he has told me has been TRUE....

All it takes is renegotiations at the next contract renewal if infact this is what they want.

bamaboy said:
It's True.

bamaboy said:

I have talked to alot of PT'S who want to come over to our term.From the air terminal next door. for part time work, when they have very little, and they will not unless the union is in.....