Yellow | Help for our Pensions still on track !!!

From what I’ve been hearing the outlook is pretty optimistic that it will make it into the final bill. Write and call your Representatives and Senators and especially those of you that live in West Virginia contact Senator Joe Manchin and let him know how important this is to you and your family.

How would you feel if you were still working and paying taxes at a job with NO pension?
First of all when you work you pay taxes at any job to the government not a union. Secondly I would not be working at a freight company that didn't offer a pension.

This will confirm your future pension at a reduced rate then everyone else because you are and will be penalized because they are not paying in.
Orphans will get more money then Yellow employees from now on so work hard.
Your pension has been at a reduced rate for how long now? You could have left Yellow years ago if it bothered you so much. I kind of remember you said you're never leaving and you were going to continue to "fork freight". A reduced rate is better than no pension at all.

Hell I’ve worked more years for less pension, Funny how the companies that go out of business their employees retire more then the ones working.
I didn’t really count on anything but Old Yellow may go out so I could get a pension raise.

Good selling point for employees, we’re going to put half into a pension but it’s not for you it’s for other teamster retirees because your special.
What a bunch of morons.

Hell I’ve worked more years for less pension, Funny how the companies that go out of business their employees retire more then the ones working.
I didn’t really count on anything but Old Yellow may go out so I could get a pension raise.
The difference between me and you is I retired when the wonderful YRC said they couldn't pay full rate into the pension. I made my decision and never regretted it. I worked just shy of 40 years and said no full rate no more work. Oh by the way I am a Roadway guy.

The difference between me and you is I retired when the wonderful YRC said they couldn't pay full rate into the pension. I made my decision and never regretted it. I worked just shy of 40 years and said no full rate no more work. Oh by the way I am a Roadway guy.
(You forgot Ryder and PIE) :hide:

Good selling point for employees, we’re going to put half into a pension but it’s not for you it’s for other teamster retirees because your special.
What a bunch of morons.
Thanks for recognizing I'm special. I don't think I'm special but probably a little smarter than you because I knew when to leave.

(You forgot Ryder and PIE) :hide:
Ryder & PIE both paid full amount into the pension when I worked there. Did work for 15% reduction until I got on at Roadway but at the time I had a 2 yr old son. With all of the OT we made at Ryder/PIE I probably made more money then any other job I worked at. :lmao:

Ryder & PIE both paid full amount into the pension when I worked there. Did work for 15% reduction until I got on at Roadway but at the time I had a 2 yr old son. With all of the OT we made at Ryder/PIE I probably made more money then any other job I worked at. :lmao:
Roady, if you recall that reduction was volunteer not mandatory.

It was those darn Jiff's that took so long. :smile new:

Or was it that Western themed place in Northvale where we had coffee after our last stops/pickups?

It was those darn Jiff's that took so long. :smile new:

Or was it that Western themed place in Northvale where we had coffee after our last stops/pickups?
Don't know about Northvale, but you are certainly right about the jiffs

So you got a large retroactive pension increase, then left before it was paid for. Yet you still wonder why your pension fund failed. Sour diesel?