Yellow | Help for our Pensions still on track !!!

It was those darn Jiff's that took so long. :smile new:

Or was it that Western themed place in Northvale where we had coffee after our last stops/pickups?
Or pulling Service Merchandise loads to Montgomery NY at 7 or 8pm at night after you did your P&D run.:tr10driving03:

I am seeing about 50 years worth of chronic underfunding of pensions from counties, cities, school systems, states and so on so forth etc. There is no money sufficient in any of them to take care of everyone.

It will take trillions to fully fund against the next oh... 60 years worth of retirements who get possibly to live another 40 years on it. Plus the losses of failing to fund properly all those plans the previous 50 turns into a boondoggle that the Country cannot fix with a bailout.

That wont stop them from trying now that they are in a position to do it. I hate to say it, the USA is preparing to "Print" from thin air almost as much if not more than that amount used to fight world war two in a year or less with 3 more years to go at a rate of government spending certain to be two or three times the total value of our National Annual Economy.

If the Value of 401k's in accounts total about 19 trillion on wall street at the few thousand banks in our system Uncle Sam can start there. Poof.

Kinda surprised y’all couldn’t slide em. Get caught at a rail yard with no one around, you’d learn quickly. Good y’all had a mechanic around
All our terminals had phones, company never failed to send help if you called.

Kinda surprised y’all couldn’t slide em. Get caught at a rail yard with no one around, you’d learn quickly. Good y’all had a mechanic around

"Learning" wasn't the issue. They were always easy to do till you came up against one that wasn't. Glad you were one of the fortunate ones though.

I am seeing about 50 years worth of chronic underfunding of pensions from counties, cities, school systems, states and so on so forth etc. There is no money sufficient in any of them to take care of everyone.

It will take trillions to fully fund against the next oh... 60 years worth of retirements who get possibly to live another 40 years on it. Plus the losses of failing to fund properly all those plans the previous 50 turns into a boondoggle that the Country cannot fix with a bailout.

That wont stop them from trying now that they are in a position to do it. I hate to say it, the USA is preparing to "Print" from thin air almost as much if not more than that amount used to fight world war two in a year or less with 3 more years to go at a rate of government spending certain to be two or three times the total value of our National Annual Economy.

If the Value of 401k's in accounts total about 19 trillion on wall street at the few thousand banks in our system Uncle Sam can start there. Poof.
Keep your slimy mitts off my 401k!

I get my pension check evert month! To bad UPS doesn't pay into your pension fund, I guess that's why it went broke. I bet it doubly sucks that you pay such high property taxes in blue America.
Again you talk but don't know, I live in the south,"Red America". Taxes aren't bad! :lmao:

"Learning" wasn't the issue. They were always easy to do till you came up against one that wasn't. Glad you were one of the fortunate ones though.
True ..This takes me down memory lane a bit. Nothing worse than getting a bit sweaty in the cold weather, with a bit of grease on you. I hated those things..

We need to copy Australia's retirement system where they force you to save 12% of your pay in an account you cant touch until retirement. People who made around minimum wage their whole careers are retiring with over $500,000 in their accounts and if you pass away young can will it to family. Much better system in my opinion.

We need to copy Australia's retirement system where they force you to save 12% of your pay in an account you cant touch until retirement. People who made around minimum wage their whole careers are retiring with over $500,000 in their accounts and if you pass away young can will it to family. Much better system in my opinion.
Australia has a relatively conservative and mandatory retirement saving system for its citizens, which requires them to put away 9.5% of their salaries every year into a private/public 401(k) called a superannuation account. This amount will be raised to 12% between 2021 and 2025.

It was voluntary but did receive a check year’s later for the money’s I forfeited
To be honest with you I never voluntarily gave up 15% like most of the people at are barn. If i remember correctly Leo Suggs who was a VP I think at the time came to our terminal to try and convince us to become"team players" and give in.

Sooner or later the phony crap going on in our economy brings it all down.