Yellow | Help for our Pensions still on track !!!

Wrong!!!!
Not 50 years of underfunding. 50 years of over promising. Funds were never going to be able to pay for 30 and out pensions at $3500 a month while people were living well into their 80s. It gave workers false hope and destroyed their incentive to save and invest.people have no idea or history what happened to theses funds not over promised , govt. regulations and lack of funding, letting ups out a lot of things none mentioned here

You will only be eligible to collect 100% of what Yellow is paying i
And why did western state pension not accept any reduced payments from yrc? Because it’s illegal and they would still be responsible for the full amount like all the plans that took the partial payment, wether we voted on it or not !!!

And why did western state pension not accept any reduced payments from yrc? Because it’s illegal and they would still be responsible for the full amount like all the plans that took the partial payment, wether we voted on it or not !!!
Actually, CSPF had the same by-Laws as to the payments as the Western did. Trustees at CSPF voted to amend those by-Laws to accept the 25% from the employer. Had they not, the YRCW employees at the time would have had the 25% paid into a 401k also. CSPF must have thought(?) it was better to get some, than none.

Actually, CSPF had the same by-Laws as to the payments as the Western did. Trustees at CSPF voted to amend those by-Laws to accept the 25% from the employer. Had they not, the YRCW employees at the time would have had the 25% paid into a 401k also. CSPF must have thought(?) it was better to get some, than none.
Thanks kk for the clarification !!

Thanks kk for the clarification !!
Exactly why the concept of combining all Teamster pension funds is so far fetched. No person hired at YRC in Western States after ‘09 will receive any pension. Only those with 30 years in ‘09 received full pension. The last of us will receive partial payments.

yes the quid pro quo would not have worked.
But the millions of $$$ paid to Biden was an investment from the teamsters for the corrupt Biden and his thieves worked.
We have folks living on the streets and he is taking billions of $$ and putting it into a failed pension plan that is only extending the day of death.
The teamsters and their lack of attracting new members is what killed the pension.
Now the taxpayers must forcibly pay for this colossal failure.. Steal from working folks to subsidize the teamster failure?????
Do you have a link for your claim "But the millions of $$ paid to Biden was an investment from the teamsters for the corrupt Biden and his thieves worked." I won't hold my breath for your proof.

Than I'm missing your point. If the pension and the government insurance run out of money, why would you go to another Central States Company? I was also reading somewhere that said Central States was classified as self insured and did not meet the qualifications for government insurance on pensions if it did go broke? Anybody got anything on that? One more question, the article said they were paying out 2 billion more than they take in and they only have like 10.5 in the account. So 2025 or 2026 is realistic?
Any thoughts?

"My take" is that the PBGC will get some level of funding from the government. That's the safety net for millions of workers, not just Central States.

Last edited:
Retire in your mid 40's and collect into your 90's, what could go wrong?
I retired at 55. My first checks were for September 2004. To date, I have collected $651,519.88. In August 2019, Western Pa cut my pension 30% or more than $10,000 a year. If I live to be 80 and the payout stays the same, I will have collected more than 1.2 million. That is not sustainable.

I retired at 55. My first checks were for September 2004. To date, I have collected $651,519.88. In August 2019, Western Pa cut my pension 30% or more than $10,000 a year. If I live to be 80 and the payout stays the same, I will have collected more than 1.2 million. That is not sustainable.
I could of retired at 55 with 35 in the Teamster's. I stayed until 65 /2, 45 in union and 40 with YFS/Yrc. Went straight to Medicare. I suppose if you had another way for insurance it would of been ok. I always was afraid that the 30 and out at any age would bite us in the butt. Especially with all the companies that were failing at that time. I am very blessed to have what I have. The pension (for now), Social Security (for now) and A very good VA disability rating. Thank you Vietnam (not really.)

From a facebook post

Missouri - Kansas City Committee to Protect Pensions

IMPORTANT MESSSAGE FROM THE NUCPP
IT IS TIME TO FINISH THIS FIGHT TO SAVE OUR PENSIONS
Pension Warriors, PLEASE SHARE
We are entering a critical two week period. This is when we all need to make a choice. Are we going to get caught up in the diversion and twisted lies that we may see on Facebook or receive by email or phone, OR Are we going to do what we came to do - and that is to SAVE OUR PENSIONS?
The NUCPP, which has been fighting to save your pensions for 8+ years, could give many rebuttals about what you read on social media. And that would be justified because it is personal to so many of us who have been fighting night and day even as the MPRA was lobbied for by some that we know, and we have fought even harder since the MPRA was passed. You know us, as we’ve met at your monthly meetings, travelled to DC with many of you, rallied together, standing arm and arm to save 100% of our earned pensions, we’ve shared information with you and strategized about the best way to save our pensions. We’ve always been honest with you, (even when it’s not what you wanted to hear) because we have no other interests, we are responsible to no one else, we have no ulterior motives. We stand nothing to gain but to keep our pensions.
It is imperative to keep in mind that you should not be doing this for the benefit of the NUCPP organization or any other organization - you are doing this to save your pension and that of your fellow brothers and sisters. Please focus on the matter at hand, nothing else! Because nothing else matters!

Continued

NOW TO THE MATTER AT HAND: These next two weeks are critical to saving our pensions. We need to pull out all the stops, get everyone involved and CALL, CALL, CALL. Every day we will be putting out recommendations of what you should do that day. Remember - in the ‘ALL IN AND DONE IN 21’ campaign - we need ALL to be involved so we can get DONE IN 21! That means that each day, when you receive the emails, that you pick up the phone, call your fellow retirees without internet, your family and friends, and give them the daily message. THEN you call your Senators. EVERY DAY!!!!!!!! We will list talking points to help you know what to say but you are free to say whatever you think needs said.
Stay tuned for DAY # 1 PHONE BLITZ!
We thank you in advance for your support and activism.
Remember - ALL IN AND DONE IN 21!
Stay safe and take care!
NUCPP Board of Directors
Dana Vargo

NUCPP Secretary
330-904-5976
[email protected]

Senate Rules-Keeper OKs Pension, Health Items: Stimulus Update

(Bloomberg) -- The Senate parliamentarian approved provisions in Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion pandemic-relief bill aiding multi-employer pensions and providing laid-off workers with health-care premium subsidies.

Those rulings come after the parliamentarian said last week that a proposed minimum-wage increase didn’t qualify for inclusion under the fast-track legislative process Democrats are using to proceed without Republican support.

Moderate Democratic senators are looking to make the package more targeted to the neediest Americans, as the chamber takes up the bill following last week’s passage in the House.

The House passed the aid legislation early Saturday, and Democratic congressional leaders intend to send it to Biden by March 14. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said Monday his chamber would take the bill up after voting to confirm Biden administration officials on Monday and Tuesday. There are “late nights” ahead, he said.

Senate Rules-Keeper OKs Pension, Insurance Provisions (8:38 p.m.)

Senate parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough has found that provisions bailing out multi-employer pensions and providing laid-off workers with health-care premium subsidies are eligible for the simple-majority process Democrats are using to pass the pandemic-relief bill.
“This economic crisis has hit already struggling pension plans like a wrecking ball, and the retirement security of millions of American workers depends on getting this package across the finish line,” Senate Finance Chair Ron Wyden said in a statement after his office said the parliamentarian made the two approvals.

Wyden also applauded the approval of help for newly unemployed to keep health insurance. “Workers who have been laid off need affordable health care for their families now more than ever, and helping people pay their COBRA premiums will make that a reality for millions,” Wyden said.

Last week, MacDonough ruled that a proposed minimum-wage hike didn’t qualify for the budget-reconciliation process being used for the relief legislation, as it had only an incidental fiscal impact.

Read more

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/senat...014128087.html