FedEx Freight | Hired at FEDEX National

xcsp

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello I received the call Today to start Monday at Fedex national when i went in for Interview he has bids to fill ,when he called he said I will be on a bid until August then they are rebidding and he says he does not know for sure if they will cancell bids or not??? I will be 51 out of 52 drivers. they currently have no one on extra board I think they are covering bids until all bids are in place

Which is only fair and i was happy I was told that, my only question I am currently working at Conway and working good If I end up on Extra board how will I work this winter just do not want to make a change and end up layed off.
Any Advice for this confused truck driver ?????
must make a decision tonight
thanks
xcsp

fed ex keeps hirinnn and some other compsss not lookin to good i been at nat for 2 months all good so far and the term manager said all pt dock would be laid off first if it got slow so in all who knows lol good luckwelcome aboard.......ps conway can get slow also .......

I know the feeling of being uneasy about a big move like this, especially when the economy is trudging along. I just left a pretty good gig myself. I left a dedicated 3600 mile a week, home 4 nights a week, $67K job that many would not even think of leaving. But all those miles add up to a tired and worn out driver. I hired on FXNL two weeks ago and I've got a positive feeling it was a good move. I too should have a decent bid, probably making about what I made at my last job but with a lot more quality time off.
Some here will think I'm drinking the purple Kool-Aid, and maybe so. But from what I see I think it was a great decision and a great time to get on. The choice is yours, but you can't win if you don't play. Good luck!

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=81827.msg844780#msg844780 date=1278631496]
Hello I received the call Today to start Monday at Fedex national when i went in for Interview he has bids to fill ,when he called he said I will be on a bid until August then they are rebidding and he says he does not know for sure if they will cancell bids or not??? I will be 51 out of 52 drivers. they currently have no one on extra board I think they are covering bids until all bids are in place

Which is only fair and i was happy I was told that, my only question I am currently working at Conway and working good If I end up on Extra board how will I work this winter just do not want to make a change and end up layed off.
Any Advice for this confused truck driver ?????
must make a decision tonight
thanks
xcsp
[/quote]

Stay at Conway.
One-board seniority is the way to go.
This opco is bleeding money like a sieve.
Their only hope of generating a (slim) profit is for YRCW to go out.
Roadrunner and 3PL's who consolidate truckload shipments are eating their lunch.
Long-haul hub-spoke LTL is an outdated model.
Bunch of dummies from Watkins (a 3rd rate LTL that FedEx paid top-dollar for) still running this outfit.
Look for terminal/operational consolidations with FedEx Freight...would not want to be bottom guy.

That being said...it could be a good decision for you.
A bid is a bid is a bid...and if YRCW goes out...more men under you.
But the same thing will happen at Conway and IMHO you'll be much better off .
Conway is a better managed company than FedEx and they know how to move freight.

If I could roll back the clock I would not work here.

We have 4 drivers who came over from Conway and all say it was the best decesion they ever made, funny how so many conway drivers are coming to ntl , if conway was so great, drivers wouldnt be leaving and from what I hear, conway not very well managed company, I agree that the disgruntled ex-conway driver should go back, but you notice he does not-what does that say?? :grouphug:

[quote author=super10 link=topic=81827.msg844830#msg844830 date=1278643653]
MV, no need to roll the clock back, Conway is hiring too. If Conway is so good, why not go work for them?
[/quote]

Because I've got 13 years in with Watkins\FXNL, that's why.

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=81827.msg844835#msg844835 date=1278645307]
Because I've got 13 years in with Watkins\FXNL, that's why.
[/quote]

If I may ask in all seriousness (not trying to start a fight), why have you stayed this long? I have seen the posts from you saying how bad it is at National, but is it because it just lately got bad? Again, just trying to understand, if you're that unhappy, why did you put in so many years with a company you dislike so much?

To the new hire, I left a dispatch position at R&L (Central Dispatch/Team Dispatch) to get behind the wheel again. Best thing for me...more money, less headaches. Even when I ran dock/combo, it was better money.

this company doesnt give a ::shit:: about its employees. we have a 25 year man that was out on med for 4 months and when he came back he lost his linehaul senority and was put on the bottom of the city board. this is bull ::shit:: we need the same rules as freight here at national. Our hr wont stand up for us.

Thanks for all the replys I resigned today at Conway will start Monday morning at fedex national 3 weeks orientation ??????????
Last night at Conway they asked me if I would work tonight ,the only thing I feel bad about is fedex gave me no time to leave a notice that i was quiting .got the call yesterday for monday .

I did not like the work at Conway but the management at xay where always good to me

I look forward to working at Fedex national :thumbsup:
have a great weekend
xcsp

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=81827.msg844916#msg844916 date=1278682068]
Thanks for all the replys I resigned today at Conway will start Monday morning at fedex national 3 weeks orientation ??????????
Last night at Conway they asked me if I would work tonight ,the only thing I feel bad about is fedex gave me no time to leave a notice that i was quiting .got the call yesterday for monday .

I did not like the work at Conway but the management at xay where always good to me

I look forward to working at Fedex national :thumbsup:
have a great weekend
xcsp
[/quote]

Congrats and Good Luck driver...I think you'll like it here.... :dance:

[quote author=ls57racer link=topic=81827.msg844917#msg844917 date=1278682207]
Congrats and Good Luck driver...I think you'll like it here.... :dance:
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome :banana: :thumbsup:

[quote author=stlwildman link=topic=81827.msg844915#msg844915 date=1278682035]
this company doesnt give a ::shit:: about its employees. we have a 25 year man that was out on med for 4 months and when he came back he lost his linehaul senority and was put on the bottom of the city board. this is bull ::shit:: we need the same rules as freight here at national. Our hr wont stand up for us.
[/quote] Same rules as Freight? That already sounds like freight!!lol. Probably more to that story though

Welcome aboard! I think the best advice is to forget Conway procedures, short of safety. Extra board and dock can be tough. If you can stay away from the "MC" :rant: :hissy: and just :popcorn: :shift:, you will like every other Thursday, and your wife will too. It will be tough your 1st year, but hang in there and it will pay off. Goodluck and congrats, again

[quote author=Hurricane64 link=topic=81827.msg844998#msg844998 date=1278706204]
Welcome aboard! I think the best advice is to forget Conway procedures, short of safety. Extra board and dock can be tough. If you can stay away from the "MC" :rant: :hissy: and just :popcorn: :shift:, you will like every other Thursday, and your wife will too. It will be tough your 1st year, but hang in there and it will pay off. Goodluck and congrats, again
[/quote]

Thanks again everyone looking forward to working at Fedex National :thumbsup:
I will forget all about Conways safety procedures because there are none , I had to forget about safety when i started there everyone rushing , hooking trying to get back home before their 14 th hour !!!!!!

Last night at Conway they asked me if I would work tonight and I am ,I do not want to leave on bad terms , They gave me a job when I needed one badly.

Will up-date on my new job
have a great weekend
xcsp

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=81827.msg845017#msg845017 date=1278714353]
Thanks again everyone looking forward to working at Fedex National :thumbsup:
I will forget all about Conways safety procedures because there are none , I had to forget about safety when i started there everyone rushing , hooking trying to get back home before their 14 th hour !!!!!!

Last night at Conway they asked me if I would work tonight and I am ,I do not want to leave on bad terms , They gave me a job when I needed one badly.

Will up-date on my new job
have a great weekend
xcsp
[/quote]

Keep us in the loop and don't be a stranger aound here brother. :shift: