FedEx Freight | Hired at FEDEX National

Man if I was unhappy I would just leave. O wait I did that and found happy times at FXF ! Welcome to the purple parade.

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=81827.msg844916#msg844916 date=1278682068]
Thanks for all the replys I resigned today at Conway will start Monday morning at fedex national 3 weeks orientation ??????????
Last night at Conway they asked me if I would work tonight ,the only thing I feel bad about is fedex gave me no time to leave a notice that i was quiting .got the call yesterday for monday .

I did not like the work at Conway but the management at xay where always good to me

I look forward to working at Fedex national :thumbsup:
have a great weekend
xcsp[/quote]
Welcome! :thumbsup: I left Estes after a dozen years there and came over here last Feb. No regrets. Not that big E was a bad deal, it's just that they ain't no FedEx.

[quote author=stlwildman link=topic=81827.msg844915#msg844915 date=1278682035]
this company doesnt give a ::shit:: about its employees. we have a 25 year man that was out on med for 4 months and when he came back he lost his linehaul senority and was put on the bottom of the city board. this is bull ::shit:: we need the same rules as freight here at national. Our hr wont stand up for us.
[/quote]

Oh, but listen to these newbreed drivers just fawn over this ::shit::.
But wait until they get some strap and get bent over (and they will)...then we'll see how gung-ho they are.
Same morons in another thread are amazed and astounded that a truckdriver would carry basic tools and extra placards around with him.
LOL...new breed drivers just want to sit around and get paid to do nothing.
But the party will be over when half these guys are out on their asses after FedEx merges the opcos (once the dust settles after YRCW goes out).
Morons...

[quote author=thebeerboy link=topic=81827.msg845361#msg845361 date=1278789360]
Man if I was unhappy I would just leave. O wait I did that and found happy times at FXF ! Welcome to the purple parade.
[/quote]

Yeah but you're still high on the purple kool-aid.

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=81827.msg845401#msg845401 date=1278800313]
Same morons in another thread are amazed and astounded that a truckdriver would carry basic tools and extra placards around with him.
[/quote]

No, I think we are amazed that you would jeopardize your job by working on FedEx's equipment when it against the rules. It's called unauthorized repair of equipment, look it up in the handbook. Then again, what's it going to hurt. The way you bitch about how this company is run, go ahead and give them some ammo to get rid of you.

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=81827.msg845438#msg845438 date=1278805846]
No, I think we are amazed that you would jeopardize your job by working on FedEx's equipment when it against the rules. It's called unauthorized repair of equipment, look it up in the handbook. Then again, what's it going to hurt. The way you :badword: about how this company is run, go ahead and give them some ammo to get rid of you.
[/quote]

And I bet you take your 1/2 meal break at the hub/meet point everyday? :biglaugh:

What do I care what you people think?
Like I said, alot of you are in for a BIG surprise once the LTL dust settles.
No way I'd sign on to this company right now.
FedEx will only tolerate losing big $$$ for so long.

"Guardrail" said:
I log 30 minutes at my meet point every day for my lunch per the guidelines given us. It's not that hard.

He's right it's not hard to do. Mike , really if you hate your job that much find another one. It doesn't matter how much time you have in it. And the way you talk we'll all be out of one anyway cause Nat'l is such a egg sucking dog of a company that freight is just going to shut us down. Oh poor pity us, we work for a awful place. They are going the way of YRC. I'm so sick of hearing that. Nat'l is a good company. Not perfect but where is. All places have rules, deal. My goodness you make $90,000 a yr to DRIVE A TRUCK!!! not a rocket scientist !!!!

But wait until they get some strap and get bent over (and they will)...then we'll see how gung-ho they are.
But the party will be over when half these guys are out on their asses after FedEx merges the opcos (once the dust settles after YRCW goes out).
Morons...
[/quote]

So how bad is it?

Are you constantlly scrutinized for everything?...and I do mean everything.

Your integrity and committment is questioned on a daily basis?

Your efforts are viewed with a raised eybrow...doubting your days work was sufficient to support the cause?

SCMs with an out to getcha mentality...never ceasing to find ways to either write-up or terminate employees? FOSs with an unimaginable sense of superiority...disdaining drivers as if the were the scum of the earth?

Are you being talked down to as if you were some five year old child who refused to be potty trained?

Are you being consantly reminded there are thousands of out of work drivers just waiting to replace you at the drop of a hat?

Do you work for a company that uses every excuse imaginable to cut your benefits and wages...retirement...vacation...and job security blaming the economy? Is your company relentless in its never ending push for more...more...more...meanwhile 'enhancing' your pay package and demanding more for less?

Pounds per hour are never enough...stopsper hour are never enough...bills per hour are never enough...nothing is ever good enough.

Are you constantly baraged with corporate BS about 'one more shipment' as they **** away thousands (millions?) of dollars on a race car...?

Do you have written policy manual?...one you can access at any time. To verify policies and rules...to understand the things expected of you.

Con-Way doesn't have one of those...and never will!

You have any picnics?...Christmas parties?...Con-Way doesn't have them...they killed that idea long ago...even before the economic mess.

Have you ever be thanked for doing a good job?...never heard of at Con-Way...

And so it goes ad nauseum....

Until you have to work under these conditions the post has no real world complaints...

You have it better than you think...and yes things do change...some OK and some not.

But it is what it is.

Suffer the above mentioned conditions and then will talk.

Deal with the daily tirades of how you can be terminated and replaced...worry about your family's livelihood and be forced to deal with some of the most assinine ::shit:: one can imagine...and that is Con-Way.

Walk a mile in a Con-Way employee's shoes...

Your perspective will change.

Rat

Hey Mike, Wow brother! When's the last time you had a :biglaugh:. Something real bad must be going on in your life, to let this place get to you! I'm not thumping a Bible, but turn it over to the Lord. "He can handle it"! If you own a gun, lock it up and mail the keys to an out of state family member. I hear Fed Ex has some pretty good rates right now :biglaugh: If you quit smokin, have 1. If you quit drinkin, go to a meeting. You sent every red flag up, you could! Wow You might have to change your name to "Frank Burns" :biglaugh: :tribe: Goodluck with it

Morons...
[/quote]
Our t/m told us fedex will merge linehaul only,not the service centers :iamnotworthy:

[quote author=formerEdriver link=topic=81827.msg845926#msg845926 date=1278894406]
Our t/m told us fedex will merge linehaul only,not the service centers :iamnotworthy:
[/quote]

And you believe him?

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=81827.msg845930#msg845930 date=1278894744]
And you believe him?
[/
quote]
Well i hope so!I Cant see the value in merging the brands other than have less overhead due to less service centers.When i went through orientation,we watched a recording from the ceo of fedex.The ceo went on to explain the value in having them stay apart in that it offers the customers two products.....one faster and one more economical.

[quote author=worthless link=topic=81827.msg845520#msg845520 date=1278815145]
He's right it's not hard to do. Mike , really if you hate your job that much find another one. It doesn't matter how much time you have in it. And the way you talk we'll all be out of one anyway cause Nat'l is such a egg sucking dog of a company that freight is just going to shut us down. Oh poor pity us, we work for a awful place. They are going the way of YRC. I'm so sick of hearing that. Nat'l is a good company. Not perfect but where is. All places have rules, deal. My goodness you make $90,000 a yr to DRIVE A TRUCK!!! not a rocket scientist !!!!
[/quote] go union

Well this post has turned into a circus :kicking: drivers are complaining ,OMG it makes me wonder if I made the right decision coming here .

All I can say I was unhappy working at Conway so I had a chance to come to Fedex National if it was the right move time will tell or it could be the worst decision I ever made.

Thanks to all the people with the well wishes for me I have been in trucking for 25 years so I know all the :rant: that goes with the job.

Monday first day
have a great night
xcsp

[quote author=lakeman link=topic=81827.msg845977#msg845977 date=1278900418]
go union
[/quote]

Jump in the Lake brother. :duel:

[quote author=xcsp link=topic=81827.msg845990#msg845990 date=1278901615]
Well this post has turned into a circus :kicking: drivers are complaining ,OMG it makes me wonder if I made the right decision coming here .

All I can say I was unhappy working at Conway so I had a chance to come to Fedex National if it was the right move time will tell or it could be the worst decision I ever made.

Thanks to all the people with the well wishes for me I have been in trucking for 25 years so I know all the :rant: that goes with the job.

Monday first day
have a great night
xcsp
[/quote]

Personally I try to reframe from giving advice on life changing decisions, but I think you made the right choice and Wish you Well My friend....Good Luck... :thumbsup: :kicking:

[quote author=Guardrail link=topic=81827.msg845501#msg845501 date=1278812885] It's not that hard.
[/quote]

EWWWWWwwwwww :stir: :duel: :nono: