Yellow | Honest Question for the NO voters. . . .

Wow, you cant really work for YRC, the medical benefits arent worth anything your kidding right???????

If you think our benefits are worth a hoot wait until you go to a non union company to work,

As most of you know lots of fellow Teamsters are the the sole provider financially for their families with a house wife at home. Some of those folks have special needs children and or spouses. Life threatening special needs to be exact. What do you tell the brother who's child has cancer and couldn't possibly afford to get new insurance as who's going to cover a child/adult with a preexisting possibly fatal condition?

Seriously, what do you say to those people who either have spouses or children who's life may depend on the benefits that this job provides? Do you tell them the same thing you say here? Sorry Jim, you're just gonna have to take one for the team or sorry Jim, stop thinking of your sick child and start thinking about all of us disgruntled teamsters that would rather not have this job?

I also have a wife(doesnt work) with serious medical Problems have 2 kids.
House payment ONLY
NO fancy car, no Harley,no boat.
Voted no on last 2 contracts
Voted no on on Hoffa twice
Voted no on both concessions.
Will vote:452: on this one.
Never in my life have I went backwards in my life, then since working at YRC.
Only reason the did not ask for more wage reductions is DUES.
The less we make the Less DUES we pay.

How much has YRC paid for your wifes medical problems, conditions, medications? and how do you plan on paying for these things in the future? Please think before you vote, and read the above posts, there are plenty of people that need the medical coverage,

How can anyone be so selfish and want to shut down a company because of their anger? If you dont like your job, just leave there are plenty of guys who will take your spot in a heartbeat,

Trolling... Trolling ... Trolling...

What Wendy is trol... I mean saying is,

You don't have the right to stand up and make the decision to vote No because there are lots of people in the same situation as you, who have more seniority and have earned higher wages. However, because they don't know how to manage their money or their personal lives, you need to vote Yes and protect them from their own inability to function in the real world.

Thx I'll keep my No vote

Last edited by a moderator:
Vote Yes and quit if you don't like the terms, in order to be a good Teamster first one has to be a working Teamster.

Vote Yes and quit if you don't like the terms, in order to be a good Teamster first one has to be a working Teamster.

wow those were my tms exact words except he offered a resume to send us on his our way with.
said im voting NO and hoped his was updated.

Wow, you cant really work for YRC, the medical benefits arent worth anything your kidding right???????

If you think our benefits are worth a hoot wait until you go to a non union company to work,

Well them great jobs everyone talks about, You know the ones that don't exist? Most peeps I know including my wife has
cheaper co-pays and deductible's then ours and pay out more than ours. And they don't pay for them, Just like we don't..... Maybe if you have 12 children they might be better.

Without the pension and the wages that we once enjoyed, This job is no better then an non-union one. Or not as dangerous as some others..........

You coulden't be more wrong, but i will let reg342 respound, as he is working wright now, his first day this week.

Sunday is the 1st day of the week for pay period and benifits. I believe 342 terminal is combined with 326 the KC terminal which is where I work. You say this is his 1st day or call at 7:30 on Sunday evening so I assume he went in at 4pm. I dont know if he has another job (which is understandable) but they exhausted the list Friday and Saturday with extensions for up to 8hrs on Saturday on the 8am-4pm shift. Im not trying to start anything but if he didnt get a call for the last 2 days he might want to get with the union steward on a grievance. I know for a fact they have a hard time to get laid off to come in at midnite on the weekend in KC. Last Sunday Oct 3rd at midnite ONLY ONE LAID OFF PERSON came to work and 13 OT people. After all the hostling bids from the dock we had only 9 people to break 1500 bills from midnite to 8am.

Im not trying to start anything but you cant blame people for working OT on the weekends when the laid off wont come in at midnite on the weekends. 95% of the bids at KC are Mon or Tues starts very few Wed-Sun starts.

NO ONE should be influenced by anyone on which way to vote for this ::shit:: deal. Everyone has seen the proposal that has been put in front of us. Vote how you feel is best......but mostly just vote.

[QUOTEWow, you cant really work for YRC, the medical benefits arent worth anything your kidding right???????

If you think our benefits are worth a hoot wait until you go to a non union company to work,][/QUOTE]

I don't know what local you are in but local 641 in NJ ain't worth ::shit:: .. had to buy insurance with my wifes company and havent paid for a medical bill since

As most of you know lots of fellow Teamsters are the the sole provider financially for their families with a house wife at home. Some of those folks have special needs children and or spouses. Life threatening special needs to be exact. What do you tell the brother who's child has cancer and couldn't possibly afford to get new insurance as who's going to cover a child/adult with a preexisting possibly fatal condition?

Seriously, what do you say to those people who either have spouses or children who's life may depend on the benefits that this job provides? Do you tell them the same thing you say here? Sorry Jim, you're just gonna have to take one for the team or sorry Jim, stop thinking of your sick child and start thinking about all of us disgruntled teamsters that would rather not have this job?

I couldn't agree more. The number of dock workers I will be putting out of work is unacceptable ( cdl required to work there loads ) cdl now does it's own drop & hooks. Unlimented enroute stops Pluss rail. I can't put P&D drivers out of work also? So if this passes I'll be putting how many Dock Workers,Switchers,and P&D drivers out of work?? Plus unlimted use of causals company wide. Your right I can't vote to put all these people out of work,just for my own greed. I'll vote no with you bro.

How are you going to pay for the medical needs, being at part time casual @ 20 hrs per week no bennies?

Says the guy who has obviously not read the language regarding teh part-time employee. You have the right to refuse and CANNOT be forced to this position. And how will I pay medical needs.......with my other job. Please check the facts before talking out your azz. I heard the same garbage when we voted on the previous contract on how everyone was going to become a utility driver and how 4 hour casuals would take over the dock. Still waiting to see a 4 hr casual. They have a hard enough time getting people to work. Could care less about teh part-time bs as will most likely have ZERO effect on where I work.

lexmark;Im not trying to start anything but you cant blame people for working OT on the weekends when the laid off wont come in at midnite on the weekends. 95% of the bids at KC are Mon or Tues starts very few Wed-Sun starts. [/QUOTE said:
Sure I can blame those OT wh0res. If those guys would simply pass on the OT calls just like the laid off pass their regular work calls then the company would be forced to put up jobs which would bring back some of the laid off. As far as working extensions.......work away as everyone has been given the opportunity to work before they can extend.

Last edited by a moderator:

isn't this shifting the blame?? i mean, come on!!... Zollers and his band of overspending, under thinking, cronies got us into this position! and you want to shift the blame if the company shuts down on the men that did there jobs and doesn't think sacrificing everything they ever worked for is worth voting yes for!

You need to re-think where you aim your anger or frustration!

will you give your Halloween mask to a homeless person so he can get free candy? or at the very least, rob a rich CEO??

You must have a problem with rich people and you're ok with taking from the rich and giving to the poor..another reason the economy is in the doldrums..if it were not for deregulation the pay rate would be up around $35-$40 per hour. Of course there would be no teamsters in the trucking business. So now you working for $21.00 an hour. If you can't make it on that give it up. Sometimes when you take take take and protect tect tect jobs you wind up losing them instead. What good did the stimulus money or the pro-labor president smiling jack
images
done for you or the company so far ?