FedEx Freight | Hosh Posh!

Back when they were Watkins / National trucks they had cruise control. It was the safety department of Freight who decided you freight drivers couldn't handle cruise control without a vorad system.

Viking also had tractors with cruise, but no VORAD or adaptive cruise control. So easy with the "you freight guys" comments.
It was an unpopular decision, but a valid one. If you really want to open that can of worms, perhaps you should start a cruise control thread.

Viking also had tractors with cruise, but no VORAD or adaptive cruise control. So easy with the "you freight guys" comments.
It was an unpopular decision, but a valid one. If you really want to open that can of worms, perhaps you should start a cruise control thread.

That one rubbed me too, but I haven't been here long enough to know if it was ok to be offended. :Rulz:

That one rubbed me too, but I haven't been here long enough to know if it was ok to be offended. :Rulz:

It is ok to be offended. Take issue with the content of the post. Argue your points, argue with the poster but be respectful.
Earlier today someone called someone a moron, that got removed by a mod.

All of our ex-watkins rigs have cc, but no vorad.

I love those trucks. The super 10 with the high speed reverse is sweet in the city for those times you have to back a mile down a road with no turn around.

All of our ex-watkins rigs have cc, but no vorad.

I love those trucks. The super 10 with the high speed reverse is sweet in the city for those times you have to back a mile down a road with no turn around.

I like that the 5th wheel is back a little farther,and the catwalk and rubber airlines are nice.

Back when they were Watkins / National trucks they had cruise control. It was the safety department of Freight who decided you freight drivers couldn't handle cruise control without a vorad system.

Were all Freight Drivers now. Let's act like Professionals maybe it will seed.

It would be nice if we fixed what we have. Our vendor sucks and they refuse to do anything about it. We can't even get a single light fixed over night.

I honestly dont beleive it is the vendors fault they are just doing what the company wants done! Cheapest crappiest repair just enough to get it rolling again and if it breaks tommorow then we will get more mechanics wire out and ducktape. I think if they let vendors fix it the way it should be fixed then half the issues would be eliminated but the dollar bill will always prevail here over comon sense and the correct solid repair. We never have time to fix things at a vendor or pm but we always have time for a tow truck or road calls! !!

I honestly dont beleive it is the vendors fault they are just doing what the company wants done! Cheapest crappiest repair just enough to get it rolling again and if it breaks tommorow then we will get more mechanics wire out and ducktape. I think if they let vendors fix it the way it should be fixed then half the issues would be eliminated but the dollar bill will always prevail here over comon sense and the correct solid repair. We never have time to fix things at a vendor or pm but we always have time for a tow truck or road calls! !!

I agree that FedEx is half the problem, but we have lots of rework also. Still,there is no excuse for not fixing lights and simple stuff like that.

Having venders fix stuff is necessary sometimes but also expensive. Ever effort should be made to get equipment fixed at a our shops. And if our mechanics try to pass it off or bubblegum and duct tape it shame them into fixing it right. If that doesn't work tell the supervisor.

Some of these problems will lessen over the next couple of years as older "incompatible" equipment gets retired and replaced with standardized stock. Let's face it, you cobble together three companies, all of whom had equipment that was roughly similar, yet substantially different, you're going to have issues for a while. Patience is truly a virtue....

ST

I dont think the different trucks are the issue .the fact is they just plain dont take care of what they have and they half ass do it at alot of these locations that dont have a shop you ought to hook onto one of our city vans oh real gems , and the tractors basic stuff like worn out cracked gladhands not replaced when they we re noted, I mean that plus first good cold snap and whamo trucks wont start or build air pressure etc . Just plain lack of proper maintenance at a pm done by vendors that are told you get this amount time to do it so this is what you get very frustrating place to try and do your job at! I also have to laugh we have to gogogo but they dont want to fix and keep the trucks up so we can gogogo! !! So do we need to gogogo or not?

Yes! Gogogo until it gives you the middle finger and then smile, go cha-ching, and pick up the phone.
With any luck, Barry Obama will be in town and you'll be on the route his motorcade will use.
Oh yeah, don't forget about the network TV truck filming the whole thing.

I think the hosh posh is spilling over into the forklifts now. We just got ten or so new Nissan forklifts. That should mesh well with the Toyotas. What does this company have against American made forklifts anyway? :biglaugh:

I think the hosh posh is spilling over into the forklifts now. We just got ten or so new Nissan forklifts. That should mesh well with the Toyotas. What does this company have against American made forklifts anyway? :biglaugh:

Toyotas, and Mitsubishi are both made in the US.

Also, take into account that a Toyota lift will see twice the hours of a Clark, Hyster, Cat, ect.

Bottom line, is that a Nissan, Toyota, and Mitsubishi are flat out BETTER units than the domestics.