FedEx Freight | Hosh Posh!

The Nissans in SBN have a stupid safety feature that makes it hard to change directions, they are pretty comfortable though. They probably get twice the service calls of a Toyota.

Toyotas, and Mitsubishi are both made in the US.

Also, take into account that a Toyota lift will see twice the hours of a Clark, Hyster, Cat, ect.

Bottom line, is that a Nissan, Toyota, and Mitsubishi are flat out BETTER units than the domestics.

I meant the last part as a joke. I drive a Toyota car to work to then drive a Toyota at work. :smile:

I dont think the different trucks are the issue .the fact is they just plain dont take care of what they have and they half ass do it at alot of these locations that dont have a shop you ought to hook onto one of our city vans oh real gems , and the tractors basic stuff like worn out cracked gladhands not replaced when they we re noted, I mean that plus first good cold snap and whamo trucks wont start or build air pressure etc . Just plain lack of proper maintenance at a pm done by vendors that are told you get this amount time to do it so this is what you get very frustrating place to try and do your job at! I also have to laugh we have to gogogo but they dont want to fix and keep the trucks up so we can gogogo! !! So do we need to gogogo or not?

Moose, I respect your opinion, yet disagree to some degree. The vastly different fleet increases the cost of maintenance, causing less actual maintenance to occur because of budget constraints. Once the fleet is standardized, things will go much better at a much lower cost, allowing for more maintenance and less hassles....It's the proverbial snowball affect. Patience, things will get better once the economy improves.

ST

I see Volvos and KWs with Cummins power. Our fleet doesn't seem very hodge podge to me. Here in the Midwest nose stand trailers are mostly gone also.