Yellow | how about a good COO rumor?

PADUCAH #1

TB Lurker
Credits
ok guys it's april 2nd so let's all put on our tinfoil receivers and find out what's going to happen with the upcoming 'tweak' change.

How about a good COO Rumor

If you want to run long haul LTL freight then you will need to apply with USF Glenn Moore by the end of the year.Why?Because they are going to run it and not just to the West Coast but all points in the US.The only bids protected by the union and Co. will be district turns from the breakbulks.Look for several thousand more jobs to be gone in the near future.This is already being worked out.

If you want to run long haul LTL freight then you will need to apply with USF Glenn Moore by the end of the year.Why?Because they are going to run it and not just to the West Coast but all points in the US.The only bids protected by the union and Co. will be district turns from the breakbulks.Look for several thousand more jobs to be gone in the near future.This is already being worked out.

....and linehaul will begin D & H, dockwork, etc... whatever is needed. It may not happen with the next change, BUT this whole UE BS will come back to haunt of lot of these fatarse roadmen that have had it good for all these years. It may take a while but just hide and watch, things will continue to change for the worse in Union LTL trucking!!

....and linehaul will begin D & H, dockwork, etc... whatever is needed. It may not happen with the next change, BUT this whole UE BS will come back to haunt of lot of these fatarse roadmen that have had it good for all these years. It may take a while but just hide and watch, things will continue to change for the worse in Union LTL trucking!!

those roadmen will be working while we are on ue

we have to come up with 42 million by end of april,before we worry about next COO.

If YRC wins endtail agreements at Richmond and Wichita concerning the Holland closure in those locations, they will make the 42 million buy closing Holland. I hope this doesn't happen but YRC is just testing the IBT to see if they will allow an endtail into YRC. Once they are allowed to do it, they will close all of Holland and hope the customers will rollover to YRC.

The stage has been set just waiting for act two.

http://www.tdu.org/files/USFDecision.pdf

Let them endtail- AFTER ALL YELLOW AND ROADWAY GUYS RETURN FROM LAYOFF BACK TO THIER FORMER OR NEW TERMINALS. When a company is closed, it closes and layoffs all employees.

If YRC would like to hire those people GREAT !!! But, they must re-hire all those layed off at the terminal rehiring.

1 other thought would be to keep the employees of the closed company at that hiring terminal for a period of 3 years. That way they can't hire who they want and the following week send them thru the system to where they need them. (COO)

CUJO.

not to blow your tdu contrived theory up but, when usf closed red star they had no dovetail rights.

holland is a sepatate company and the only thing those guys get is preferential hiring and a 90% start.

besides why would they merge us and holland, we're the dinosaurs, they got the better business model.

lemme ask you which is better.

regional operation with all direct loading or hub and spoke, considering that the length of haul of ltl freight gets shorter all the time?

Group Holland with New Penn , run it right and you have a very valuable asset.

CUJO.

not to blow your tdu contrived theory up but, when usf closed red star they had no dovetail rights.

holland is a sepatate company and the only thing those guys get is preferential hiring and a 90% start.

besides why would they merge us and holland, we're the dinosaurs, they got the better business model.

lemme ask you which is better.

regional operation with all direct loading or hub and spoke, considering that the length of haul of ltl freight gets shorter all the time?

It's an IBT decision. it has nothing to do with TDU. It used to be an old Teamster idea that if you took a carriers business and equipment you would at least take the men. I know in the mester generation that is unheard of but why would a company in the position that YRC is in keep a company intact when they could cut costs by taking the customers and closing the facilities and make an agreement that would almost never make them hire any of the displaced workers. We'll see. I give Holland no longer than the end of June. I hope I'm wrong. Mesters, don't worry you'll be fine and maybe busy.

It's an IBT decision. it has nothing to do with TDU. It used to be an old Teamster idea that if you took a carriers business and equipment you would at least take the men. I know in the mester generation that is unheard of but why would a company in the position that YRC is in keep a company intact when they could cut costs by taking the customers and closing the facilities and make an agreement that would almost never make them hire any of the displaced workers. We'll see. I give Holland no longer than the end of June. I hope I'm wrong. Mesters, don't worry you'll be fine and maybe busy.

None of us from Holland asked to be bought by YRC. We were happy being a stand alone company. Ever since we were purchased, it seems that all I ever hear from the YRC group is how it would like to see the dimise of Holland. We are all suffering from poor management decisions, both companies. I have never wished for any ill will aganist any of my teamster bothers at YRC, if anything I have always respected the fact that you are the parent company. I am not trying to start anything, but we all are a dying breed, and the more end fighting that we do among each other, the more fuel we give to the non-union companies.

searcher.

i work for YELLOW and imho holland has the better business model.

the reason they're closing those terminals is probably because of overlap.

we do the westbound out of the eastern terminals and new penn does the east coast short haul.

i'll say this again.

WE ARE THE DINOSAURS AND HOLLAND HAS THE BETTER BUSINESS MODEL.

maybe the best of both worlds is to hang on 'til the economy bounces back and merge our operations together in an orderly fashion, not the shotgun wedding we just have experienced.

what we need to do is take the breakbulks out of major cities and put them in the middle of nowhere so they can service the most major cities (like coldwater and maybrook) and run as much major city to city work as direct loading so the major city docks don't get plugged up with 500+mile freight.

sad but true, the freight business is constantly changing and we haven't changed as fast as we should have because of labor contracts and corporate power struggles (union officials and bosses setting up and maintaning their own private little kingdoms).

None of us from Holland asked to be bought by YRC. We were happy being a stand alone company. Ever since we were purchased, it seems that all I ever hear from the YRC group is how it would like to see the dimise of Holland. We are all suffering from poor management decisions, both companies. I have never wished for any ill will aganist any of my teamster bothers at YRC, if anything I have always respected the fact that you are the parent company. I am not trying to start anything, but we all are a dying breed, and the more end fighting that we do among each other, the more fuel we give to the non-union companies.

I don't understand how people don't understand plain english.

I never said anything against Holland or it's workers.

I hope Holland is around forever.

What makes me mad as hell is the IBT allowing the company to close 11 locations and the company telling customers that shipping with YRC or New Penn is just as good, while endtailing the Holland employees.

The Holland employees built that business, they deserve to be dovetailed into these barns and I don't give a rats a** about anybody who thinks otherwise.

Sorry!!!!

Endtail? Last check just about every barn has teamsters laidoff so why would the IBT entertain that idea?