XPO | How about the big service centers?

gdogg

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, to everyone out in Conway land. I'm new to the forum and I have a question. Has anybody heard any efforts on organizing from the big terminals like XLA and XIN and so forth. The reason I ask me and some more dsrs from smaller terminals are anxious to get this thing really rolling and stand up for whats right. We can't back down now. Go team Teamsters. Oh yea can anybody confirm that California has been in contact with the reps?

Hello, to everyone out in Conway land. I'm new to the forum and I have a question. Has anybody heard any efforts on organizing from the big terminals like XLA and XIN and so forth. The reason I ask me and some more dsrs from smaller terminals are anxious to get this thing really rolling and stand up for whats right. We can't back down now. Go team Teamsters. Oh yea can anybody confirm that California has been in contact with the reps?

Gdogg, how long have you been working at Conway?

Why not Xla perfect place they load more vans than anyone

You go into XLA with cards they will all laugh at you..But i wish anybody luck that thinks they can convert them...Or any other Chicagoland terminal......

To all who may be concern. I gdogg have been with the company for 6 1/2 yrs. I did wear the ol' brown and white and was proud of it. I thought I had fell into a gold mind when I got this job. I understand things have to be cut when things need to be cut to survive. I would have told anybody to come to CCX and get a job, but through the years the respect and treatment of a dsr have fallen by the waste side. Here is my question that makes me go hmmmmm. If 20 plus yr veterans to new hire feel that the Union is the only way to fix conway treatment of dsrs and benefits, then something must be bad wrong.

No doubt that many DSRs from hire dates across the board feel things aren't as good as they used to be, but the important question for the pro-union bunch is this; are there enough disgruntled DSR's who will vote yes to certify the Teamsters at their SC's? I'm thinking if the vote were held tomorrow, the effort to certify would fall by the "waste side."

To all who may be concern. I gdogg have been with the company for 6 1/2 yrs. I did wear the ol' brown and white and was proud of it. I thought I had fell into a gold mind when I got this job. I understand things have to be cut when things need to be cut to survive. I would have told anybody to come to CCX and get a job, but through the years the respect and treatment of a dsr have fallen by the waste side. Here is my question that makes me go hmmmmm. If 20 plus yr veterans to new hire feel that the Union is the only way to fix conway treatment of dsrs and benefits, then something must be bad wrong.

half full or half empty
Fords or Chevy's
Republican or Democrat
Union or non-union
20 plus years or six months
you really have to focus on each individual's personality first

No doubt that many DSRs from hire dates across the board feel things aren't as good as they used to be, but the important question for the pro-union bunch is this; are there enough disgruntled DSR's who will vote yes to certify the Teamsters at their SC's? I'm thinking if the vote were held tomorrow, the effort to certify would fall by the "waste side."

bs, you wish, you are just scared of not being your tm's favorite anymore. It won't matter how many drivers you rat out from the meetings either, the tm can't legally fire people for excercising your rights.

I know allot of people have accused you of being management, but this statement proves that you are not. Because if management had not thought that this was serious they would not have turned part of the 401k back on. They would not be having conference calls with drivers telling them how to stop this from within. They are trying to appease the senior drivers by turning the 401k back on. They know and we know that if we are going to be successful that we need every driver involved and they are doing their best to splinter us. We have to keep our heads down and continue to march forward.

I know allot of people have accused you of being management, but this statement proves that you are not. Because if management had not thought that this was serious they would not have turned part of the 401k back on. They would not be having conference calls with drivers telling them how to stop this from within. They are trying to appease the senior drivers by turning the 401k back on. They know and we know that if we are going to be successful that we need every driver involved and they are doing their best to splinter us. We have to keep our heads down and continue to march forward.

Dead-nuts-on!

I have a question for the non union guys. Have you stopped to think how and why we as the pro union bunch have come to the support of a union shop? This is my thought on it. What happens in nature when a creature of the creation gets backed into a corner and feels threaten? They don't look for nearest exit or tree to scurry up, NO they look for the BEST offensive attack. This is my opinion on how we have come to this point. Upper management has backed us into a corner with all the brow beating and the fire first and ask questions later and then make it seem like they're doing you a favorite when they reinstate your employment. The creature is backed into the corner and now It's time to seriously fight back. GO TEAM TEAMSTERS!!!!!! Oh, by the way what's the update on NNA?

i can speak for ltu and non pro union drivers drivers use every tactic possible including lying ,and we actually had 2 non pro union drivers get in the face of of a pro union driver and he thought he would have two fight them both to get them out of his face they should have been fired and if the issue would have been persued they would not be here.

Worked for Con=Way 2 months.....turned me every 8 hours. Not bad if you have no family. If you did not answer the phone, a point,. Take a lunch, or breakfast.....a point. Quit, because life is more important than the almighty dollar and family is the reason I live, not Con-Way.
When I was in training they kept handing me books, after 8 hours. Worked 12- 14 hours a day and they payed for 8......said that was training pay. Sorry guys, After 2 months, paying for benifits,no pension or 401k plan, working 2 weeks with no paid OT I can see the writing on the wall. Work the dock after 10 hours of mountain driving? What the heck..have these pencil necks ever driven a car....let alone a truck in these conditions?
I left and went to another carrier. I hope you see through the smoke and mirrors and see what is happening to all frieght companies, No quality of life, except, you make good money, but, 0 Quality Family time. Money is not everything, My family is at the top of my priority list. I had to leave.......
Requested time off for a Family event, which was discussed in and agreed to in my interview. When the time came up for the event I notified Managment and it was denied......and I have a copy of the request, and agreement. No recourse.....left the company.
Probably the best decision I have made in 31 years of trucking......

i can speak for ltu and non pro union drivers drivers use every tactic possible including lying ,and we actually had 2 non pro union drivers get in the face of of a pro union driver and he thought he would have two fight them both to get them out of his face they should have been fired and if the issue would have been persued they would not be here.

the names of the anti union drivers, the time, location and date should all be written down. the driver should have all of this info, and go talk to management. write down all things that are said, and go from there. if management turns a blind eye to actions such as this, for all we know, they could be behind it.

if it happens again, its time to give the police a call for harrassment. you cannot harass anyone for excercising their rights. and it's not usually the way that companies say it is, union supporters are the ones usually harassed, not anti union types.

Worked for Con=Way 2 months.....turned me every 8 hours. Not bad if you have no family. If you did not answer the phone, a point,. Take a lunch, or breakfast.....a point. Quit, because life is more important than the almighty dollar and family is the reason I live, not Con-Way.
When I was in training they kept handing me books, after 8 hours. Worked 12- 14 hours a day and they payed for 8......said that was training pay. Sorry guys, After 2 months, paying for benifits,no pension or 401k plan, working 2 weeks with no paid OT I can see the writing on the wall. Work the dock after 10 hours of mountain driving? What the heck..have these pencil necks ever driven a car....let alone a truck in these conditions?
I left and went to another carrier. I hope you see through the smoke and mirrors and see what is happening to all frieght companies, No quality of life, except, you make good money, but, 0 Quality Family time. Money is not everything, My family is at the top of my priority list. I had to leave.......
Requested time off for a Family event, which was discussed in and agreed to in my interview. When the time came up for the event I notified Managment and it was denied......and I have a copy of the request, and agreement. No recourse.....left the company.
Probably the best decision I have made in 31 years of trucking......

Yeah, it's tough at the bottom. That's why a lot of the Senior guys don't quit and you had to be on the un-assigned board. I'll admit, you have to tough it out for a few years.. good luck to you, where ever you are...

I have a question for the non union guys. Have you stopped to think how and why we as the pro union bunch have come to the support of a union shop? This is my thought on it. What happens in nature when a creature of the creation gets backed into a corner and feels threaten? They don't look for nearest exit or tree to scurry up, NO they look for the BEST offensive attack. This is my opinion on how we have come to this point. Upper management has backed us into a corner with all the brow beating and the fire first and ask questions later and then make it seem like they're doing you a favorite when they reinstate your employment. The creature is backed into the corner and now It's time to seriously fight back. GO TEAM TEAMSTERS!!!!!! Oh, by the way what's the update on NNA?

several drivers have talked to local 480, hoping to have a meeting set up in the next two or three weeks (go teamsters)

You're right, I'm not management, but I have to admit, I do find all the accusations amusing. I'm not the only driver who doesn't want a union, but it seems I'm the only driver who has been accused of being management becasue of that opinion.

To me, you speak as though you think the company has made the cutbacks out of malice toward drivers. It's like you think the company is purposely trying to anger us. I was one of the guys who was economically terminated and was fortunate enough to be called back. I didn't take it personal because I knew it was the company's response to the coming of difficult economic times and looking back, I think they made the right decision then, and I think they're making the right decisions now by cautiously restoring our lost benefits as revenue increases allows them to do so. I would add that the 5 percent wage cut we took has been fully restored while the big onion company's drivers are still waiting for their 15% wage cuts to come back. GO TEAM TEAMSTERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, you speak as though you think the company has made the cutbacks out of malice toward drivers. It's like you think the company is purposely trying to anger us. I was one of the guys who was economically terminated and was fortunate enough to be called back. I didn't take it personal because I knew it was the company's response to the coming of difficult economic times and looking back, I think they made the right decision then, and I think they're making the right decisions now by cautiously restoring our lost benefits as revenue increases allows them to do so.
Economically Terminated?
Did you mean you were laid off?