XPO | How about the big service centers?

I would have never guessed a username like :shit:bird is bankin 35 years of experience. I guess I tend to stereotype. You go truckerdude....

How come :shit:bird can be a username but the word :shit:bird can not be typed here? Makes no sense that you can see it in on place but to see it in another is offensive. ::shit::!!!!!!!!!

Went out of business? Your working for them now! CONsolidated-freightWAY. The damn dispatch computers still use CF logins. Just used a clever scheme to get around the Union. OH and by the way. The Central States Pension you all keep bashing are still paying CF retirees even though CF "went out of business" and are no longer contributing.

Went out of business...yes, CF is no longer a company. As far as the central states pension, I never said anything about that. I don't know anything about that pension fund, so I would never comment on it.

what cuts are ABF and UPSF drivers waiting for to come back? they make more than you at a better job, because they have a contract. BTW, the health insurance costs have went up enough to nullify your 5 percent "restoration".

Your right, ABF and UPSF has not had any cuts, and the poster your refering to should not be saying that..

why go somewhere else when you have the right to organize and bargain? do you have a problem with people excercising rights?

I have no problem with anybody excercising their rights. But, this company also has a right to stay profitable. And keep eveybody employeed. You got a problem with that??

HEY beerfd i've been doing my job for 35 yrs have 2 million miles no accidents or tickets ever in a commercial vehical I think i have a clue as you put it. And just in case you are wondering I drive in the N east where it snows.

Hey ::shit:: bird, I guess I don't have anything more to add to that..you got me. Good Job. Hope you get your 3 million.

I guess I'll go back into hiding for a coulple days..I'm getting killed here..
I'm beginning to run out of excuses..lol

hey company clown the username was just a nickname given to me by my best friend's dad who by the way retired from CF with 30 years of service the nickname was a private joke. I still lmao about it.

Li'l Doogie,

What does YRC and their poor business decisions to overextend themselves have to do with this?

I guess you are unable to take responsibility like your God, Big Doug for failing to bury YRC with sustained discounting. So, lets blame the union. And who is paying for that today? You and I, also called The Bank.

As far as entitlements are concerned, I am entitled to whatever you and I previously agreed upon in any transaction or exchange. But you make it out to be something evil.

Somebody please kick me in the balls if I ever think about entering into an agreement with Li'l Doogie. I know I would complete my part, but Li'l Doogie fervently condones dishonesty and crooked dealings. Wait! thinking about it, what's one more kick in the balls?

The reference to the article, for those who read beyond the title, is to draw focus to the fact that ABF will take a rate increase and they continue to fight to reduce their contributions to a fully funded pension. Cutbacks for some, and further cutbacks for others are real and have a very good chance of occurring in the near future. The reference in the article to the USF Holland drivers retiring last September and their reductions in benefits is not speculation but fact. And they did not have an opportunity to vote for any concessions.

Once again prove me wrong. Prove the dishonesty and crooked dealings you write about. Go find some real facts to back up your sky is falling theories. Post for public viewing one column for your employer and one for the third party collective bargaining group you want to represent you. Post the most current information on the last 5 events recorded as public record of criminal charges or violations of state or federal law. Then post the published information of the top 5 salaries of management for both groups. Where is the dishonesty and crooked dealings?

You are right, this has nothing to do with YRC, but it has everything to do with my belief that collective bargaining by a third party will not "fix" everything. What you and others are trying to sell here I am not buying. My opinion, this company will continue to recover financial success and will continue to rebuild it's relationship with the employees.

Looking forward there Sparky, give me your expert opinion as to what will be the mission statement of the number one LTL carrier in this country five years from now. What will be the business model of the most successful carrier in the year 2016?

Once again prove me wrong. Prove the dishonesty and crooked dealings you write about. Go find some real facts to back up your sky is falling theories. Post for public viewing one column for your employer and one for the third party collective bargaining group you want to represent you. Post the most current information on the last 5 events recorded as public record of criminal charges or violations of state or federal law. Then post the published information of the top 5 salaries of management for both groups. Where is the dishonesty and crooked dealings?

The one's from the past is what you are asking for or now.
Did i jack this up or what.

So Sparky, what you are saying is that history will repeat itself? That by securing a third-party collective bargaining unit you will be handed your entitlements and live happily ever-after? And nothing will be taken away at a later date? Follow the link below. And remember, it's not your employer's opinion or their fear-mongering. This is an opinion from within the industry.

Everything is negotiable, yesterday, today, and tomorrow

YRC resuming partial Teamsters pension payments - Article from Logistics Management

yrc,yrc,yrc,yrc is that all you have,they overextended themselves and bought up to many companies with too many liabilities,please show us a link about the ups freight pension and their workers attitudes or abf's pension and their workers,go on their sites and you see a totally different atmosphere than con-ways.yrc,yrc,yrc,yrc,CAN'T YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE,GEEZ LOUISE

The one's from the past is what you are asking for or now.
Did i jack this up or what.
I f'ed this up sorry.

Hmmm...Red Star, APA, CF, St. Johnsbury, Preston, Cooper-Jarrett, and hundreds of other union companies out of business since deregulation...Central States Pension Plan underfunded by billions...$3,000 a month pensions getting paid out at $1,200 a month...paying dues to bring a 3rd party in that can't say anything that each employee can't. Makes me want to organize. Ha. Good luck guys!

Hmmm...Red Star, APA, CF, St. Johnsbury, Preston, Cooper-Jarrett, and hundreds of other union companies out of business since deregulation...Central States Pension Plan underfunded by billions...$3,000 a month pensions getting paid out at $1,200 a month...paying dues to bring a 3rd party in that can't say anything that each employee can't. Makes me want to organize. Ha. Good luck guys!
Hundreds of non union are out of business too, and you dont no poopies about what union pensions are paying out