XPO | How about the big service centers?

thank you for answering , first of all union dues are not 50 dollars a week,they are about 55 dollars a month, so that is under 2.00 a day if you want to break it down. second you are correct ,conway has operated at a loss for a few quarters,but that was by choice.conway, fedex both lowered their rates hauled freight at a loss trying to get yrc customers in hopes of putting yrc out of bussiness. third, yrc was 800 million in debt, this was caused by poor management not the union. thank god the union was there to protect the workers if not yrc employees would be working for a lot less than they are now. and remember yrc employees took 2 paycuts by their choice, did conway employees have a choice? i don't think so

You are right. And if memory serves me correctly YRC made their cuts first and we followed suit soon after. Just imagine what we would have lost had both companies been non union and were able to do what they want. I also believe they negotiated when pay and benefits were to be reinstated also. When will ours be reinstated? Anybody? Anybody?

You are right. And if memory serves me correctly YRC made their cuts first and we followed suit soon after. Just imagine what we would have lost had both companies been non union and were able to do what they want.

You need to take some finances classes.. pay attention in the profit and loss classes. They do things for survival, just like yrd did. You will never understand that.

You need to take some finances classes.. pay attention in the profit and loss classes. They do things for survival, just like yrd did. You will never understand that.

I understand just fine. The company was turning a profit every quarter, even when the economy took a dump. We got a speech every week about it. Vacations were canceled and extra trailers leased because YRC was on its last legs. They started losing money when they decided to cut rates and grab garbage freight trying to put YRC out of business. Managements fault. Period.

But the union didn't do YRC any favors either. I followed the process through which finally brought about the overall 15% paycut and reduced pension benefit. When the company came to the Teamsters and asked for the reductions, they fought it, continuing to work at top pay all while their company was bleeding cash. It took a considerable amount of time to round up enough yes voters for the first and second round of benefit reduction votes. YRC might be better off now, if they could have done what our company did and just cut wages/benefits without having to ask permission from their employees. They are still working for reduced pay and we our not. Our stock is trading in the high thirtie's to low fourties, they continue to teeter on the brink of bankruptcy. Did the union cause this to happen? No. Could the union have done something sooner to reduce the company's payroll? Yes, and they didn't.

You followed the process, but I lived it. The union gave the company EXACTLY what they wanted when they wanted it. This can be found in any transcript of any of the financial conference calls. Where the CEO tells analysts this is what we need to move forward. You are making up reasons to blame the union to support your way of thinking. But it is just that made up just like making up $50 per week dues. You made it up. Typical management scare tactics.

beerfd said:

That is BS! We were told the paycuts etc were necessary in order for us to survive but BoD got their money back in like 3 months while we waited and continued to take benefit cuts. WTF???? My trust was broken long ago and you will never be able to convince me and many others to believe anything they say. Lied to from local mgmt all the way to the top too many times. All this unrest is their own fault from being so greedy and thinking they can do as they damn well please without recourse. I think it's a good thing someone is rocking the boat. Conform and live on your knees or stand up and say enough is enough. The choice is yours.

I'll believe what I see with my own eyes versus what I'm told to believe. They are masters of manipulation and the true believers follow to the slaughter.

That is BS! We were told the paycuts etc were necessary in order for us to survive but BoD got their money back in like 3 months while we waited and continued to take benefit cuts. WTF???? My trust was broken long ago and you will never be able to convince me and many others to believe anything they say. Lied to from local mgmt all the way to the top too many times. All this unrest is their own fault from being so greedy and thinking they can do as they damn well please without recourse. I think it's a good thing someone is rocking the boat. Conform and live on your knees or stand up and say enough is enough. The choice is yours.

I'll believe what I see with my own eyes versus what I'm told to believe. They are masters of manipulation and the true believers follow to the slaughter.

1) everyone took pay cuts and nobody has had everything returned.
2) as a true believer I continue to follow into prosperity for my family
3) employer and employee, I know where I stand, I do my job and I get paid well for it.

Im paid well too and have no complaints really other than they need to quit being so greedy and give us a raise. Benefits are a whole 'nother can of worms and again I feel like we are getting shortchanged. Apparently I've gone mad or live in some kind of fantasy world because I don't understand how people will vehemently defend an entity that has proven themselves untrustworthy. Morale at my SC sucks and it's still better than a lot of places. Everyone please feel free to post up where these SC are that make everyone so content and satisfied so I can transfer there and finish out my time here in peaceful butterfly filled meadows.

USU would sign in a minute & not think twice about it!!! It's more like a correctional facility then a place of business!!!

USU would sign in a minute & not think twice about it!!! It's more like a correctional facility then a place of business!!!

HAHA!!! How come MErdock and IDgarrit keep defending this treatment? Does anyone understand that this place is not normal? OMG, some of my coworkers just walk around in a conwashed state of mind and can not even think for themselves anymore. They are like robots. It didnt used to be this way. Are we the walmart of the trucking industry? SAFETY....ALWAYS OMG we are

I won't comment, because I think one of my fellow Texan's is maybe having a bad day. Did you vote for Rick Perry or not?? Maybe you want "Barry" to be the Gov. of Texas...

beerfd said:
I won't comment, because I think one of my fellow Texan's is maybe having a bad day. Did you vote for Rick Perry or not?? Maybe you want "Barry" to be the Gov. of Texas...

Lol yeah tough day. Perry is the lesser of two evils I think.

I understand just fine. The company was turning a profit every quarter, even when the economy took a dump. We got a speech every week about it. Vacations were canceled and extra trailers leased because YRC was on its last legs. They started losing money when they decided to cut rates and grab garbage freight trying to put YRC out of business. Managements fault. Period.

I know you understand just fine. Your a smart guy. (you've proven that). The problem is, is that people look at things differntly.... maybe because of their situation, or age, or whatever. IDK.

The Company did, participate in rate cuts. But was it because of the old "supply and demand" rule or because they wanted to put "another" freight company out of business??
I'm going to steal a quote by Merdock(I know it gives you a headache), but is the glass half full or half empty?? who knows....it's however you perceive it. Everybody is different. I, for one, think it was the supply and demand problem, but others may look at it differently. I understand that.

Also, I, for one, made a killing during the "recession". I made a lot of money. My profit was good, even if the company's profit was not so good. Was my personal profit at the expense of some people being layed-off?? I hope not.. but, IDK.

Well, anyways, we all look at things differently. Half full or half empty....

Lol yeah tough day. Perry is the lesser of two evils I think.

Not that it has anything to do with what we are talking about, but there are a lot of people that "Barry" would love to give more free housing... and it's not me :(

Been to Big D lately?? lol

beerfd said:
Not that it has anything to do with what we are talking about, but there are a lot of people that "Barry" would love to give more free housing... and it's not me :(

Been to Big D lately?? lol

That's true and I'm not one of them either. I get up your way for pleasure pretty regularly but not on business in a few years