TForce | How about the light colored winter gear?

Thanks for the tip sadlletramp,coveralls are a good idea.
As far as wearing any UPS braned clothing off duty.
I thought we were all informed that we couldn't be seen off the job with this stuff?
The only UPS brand that can be worn off duty is the NASCAR racing gear.

I don't drink any more,but I wouldn't want to be involved in a bar fight with UPS work cloths on,or another negative event that would soil our companys brand.
Its a very good practise to take pride in the brand that signs your paycheck.

Apostolic said:
Yes but if you cut off the fringe on the front sides of the pups to have a clean reach to pull the pin ,won't you be charged with an accident?
Naw! I don't know how it got that way!:whistle:

Yes, grease all over the right sleeve and on the front of the jackets.

I get the most grease on me from the joe dogs. The air lines have so much grease caked on them it's hard to see which is red and which is blue. They never get washed.

My tractor has only been washed twice by the company this year. One of the times it was washed was when it went into the paint shop to get the new colors.

I guess management will get a bigger bonus by not having the equiptment washed. But we are still dealing with "O" management not UPS Freightmanagement. I still see supervisors and managers still wearing the overnite logos on their jackets.

The reason I say this is I never see a dirty UPS tractor.

I can't understand why they are paying the money to have the tractors painted but wont wash them?

As soon as I get out of the tractor in the morning, a city drever jumps in and takes it out in the city dirty. To me this lets the customer know that they are dealing with UPS Freight and not UPS their equiptment is always clean when the customer sees it.

Don't you know that Overnite has always been a firm believer in the rule.
That nature puts on the dirt,and nature will wash it off with the next rain storm.

But joking aside.
The Overnite way of doing everything is to charge their terminals operating budgets for everything.

Thats why equipment keeps riding through the system without being fixed,untill it can't move without being repared.

If a pup shows up at our terminal with a bad door.
Its opened with the forklift,than loaded outbound,and sent down the road.

Its nice to have my asigned tractor, I carry a large hammer,and crowbar,if theres a headload we have to deliver,I have the tools to get the door open.

TM's are not to quick to do repares if their terminal is going to be charged for the costs.

Its a strange system,I've never understood it myself?
It may be one company, but they run it like every terminal is on their own.

Every terminal should have a steam machine,to clean the grease off the dollies,and wash our tractors.
But whos going to pay for this machine,the time it takes for someone to us it,also the cost of the water used?

So there you go,nature puts in on,and nature can take it off.
This is just the old Overnite way.

At the next board meeting there should be a driver that has had his new clothes for awhile, complete with unremovable grease stains. He, or she, can stand up on the board table next to the runway model they used to view the new uniform in the first place and see what looks best.

galaxy99dx said:
At the next board meeting there should be a driver that has had his new clothes for awhile, complete with unremovable grease stains. He, or she, can stand up on the board table next to the runway model they used to view the new uniform in the first place and see what looks best.
I have gotten grease on mine several times...and I'm not walking around with grease on my uniforms.

See they invented this stuff years ago called Shout....I know it's hidden away in the laundry detergent isle at the store. Im sure if you ask, someone will help you find it.
All you have to do is spray it on the grease spot,let it soak for a bit and wash.
A second application may be neccessary in some cases, but that usually works.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I have gotten grease on mine several times...and I'm not walking around with grease on my uniforms.

See they invented this stuff years ago called Shout....I know it's hidden away in the laundry detergent isle at the store. Im sure if you ask, someone will help you find it.
All you have to do is spray it on the grease spot,let it soak for a bit and wash.
Gee, maybe out hear in the west they sell different shout. I use the shout, pre-treat all stains when i get home, nothing comes out. I highly doubt you have ever gotten anything on your uniform.

And by the way, why so nasty, cant stand someone with a different opinion on a subject?

galaxy99dx said:
Gee, maybe out hear in the west they sell different shout. I use the shout, pre-treat all stains when i get home, nothing comes out. I highly doubt you have ever gotten anything on your uniform.
I have gotten black grease on my shirts and pants and always get it out...as I said, a second application may be neccessary.
The best trick is to spray with shout and also put some tide(or whatever detergent you use) directly on the grease and let it soak for a couple hours(or over night if you have time to wait).
The bottle says not to let it dry,but if you check out shout's web site it says to leave it soak over night for tough stains.

galaxy99dx said:
And by the way, why so nasty, cant stand someone with a different opinion on a subject?
I am quite sorry, but if you thought that was nasty, maybe you should stay in the house and leave the door locked.:hysterical:

May have been sarcastic...but certainly not nasty....
or is it that you see my name and automatically go on the defensive?

galaxy99dx said:

If shout does not work try palmolive, or another grease-cutting detergent. Palmolive seems to do it for me.

I think the key is to get it out before you pop it in the dryer. Once you dry it it seems to bake the grease in the fabric, very hard to get out if it even comes out at all at this point.

I am quite sorry, but if you thought that was nasty, maybe you should stay in the house and leave the door locked.:hysterical:

May have been sarcastic...but certainly not nasty....
or is it that you see my name and automatically go on the defensive?
OK , I see, your just being a dick, cause you want to be a dick. And if you knew who I was you would know that the only thing that I dont like about your name is that you have the wrong team pictured.
Have a nice day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Go Broncos.

I stopped into my terminal this morning to drop off my back to work note from my heart doctor.
Praise the Lord I'm clear to start back to work jamming gears tomorrow.
Well now that I've told everyone that good news.

I was telling our mechanic about, how are we going to get by with such a light color on our winter gear?
I said a lttle greace will go a long way.
He says (ether),starting fluid will always get greace out.

I said thanks I will give it a try.
But in the mean time I'm going to wear my old carhart coat at the terminal than change into my UPS Freight coat when I go out on my route.

Its kind of a pain,but I'm going to try to stay dirt free as long as possible.

So to all of my UPS Freight co-workers that have already gotten into the greace, give the starting fluid a try,than post if it works or not.

galaxy99dx said:

I two won't go around with grease on my clothes. I use shout. First you have to blot out any excess grease and put it on the shirt. I scrub the spot till it is out then put it in the washer. You won't see grease on my shirts.

The main thing is if the spot doesn't come out in the wash, DO NOT put it in the dryer. The dryer practically sets it in.