Yellow | How About Them New Dollies?

OK, here's the photo...

AJSQdBY.jpg
Big Dave’s hat rack looks better constructed than that....

I hated those Y jiffs
Just looking at them I said "why?"

Why did you hate them? They were fairly easy to push around as long as the ground surface was fairly level and smooth. The secret was to push against the top of the tires - you get leverage that way as opposed to pushing on the frame itself. Think I'd still rather have them than new ones I would have to lift and push at the same time. Time will tell.

Why did you hate them? They were fairly easy to push around as long as the ground surface was fairly level and smooth. The secret was to push against the top of the tires - you get leverage that way as opposed to pushing on the frame itself. Think I'd still rather have them than new ones I would have to lift and push at the same time. Time will tell.
I was very used to the R ones. The Y ones had a lot of unnecessary metal on them. The R ones I could just grab and pull it where I needed it to be. I didn't use em very much. I was bumped out of the yard. They were just too bulky. I'm all for change if it's better. They weren't. Now you may have used em on a regular basis and figured them out. The more you use them the more you get used to them. I didn't have that chance. The short time they were mixed with the R ones I avoided them. I never hurt myself on the R ones. I could see if I kept using the Y ones I was gonna hurt myself. Maybe.
The new ones look like they may avoid future injuries. I'm sure that's the point in getting them. And I'm sure alot of people injured themselves pulling the things around.
Been quite awhile since I've even touched one. None of it is my problem anymore. I just hope the new ones are easy to use for the guys.

I was very used to the R ones. The Y ones had a lot of unnecessary metal on them. The R ones I could just grab and pull it where I needed it to be. I didn't use em very much. I was bumped out of the yard. They were just too bulky. I'm all for change if it's better. They weren't. Now you may have used em on a regular basis and figured them out. The more you use them the more you get used to them. I didn't have that chance. The short time they were mixed with the R ones I avoided them. I never hurt myself on the R ones. I could see if I kept using the Y ones I was gonna hurt myself. Maybe.
The new ones look like they may avoid future injuries. I'm sure that's the point in getting them. And I'm sure alot of people injured themselves pulling the things around.
Been quite awhile since I've even touched one. None of it is my problem anymore. I just hope the new ones are easy to use for the guys.

No need to get hurt at any time. First off, pulling them is a bad idea and you're looking to get hurt doing that. Pushing against the top of the tire is the easiest way to move the "Y" dollies. If that was too difficult then the pintle hook at the rear of the tractor is your best friend. And with the "Y" dollies, there is no lifting involved, the landing gear crank handle is your next best friend.

No need to get hurt at any time. First off, pulling them is a bad idea and you're looking to get hurt doing that. Pushing against the top of the tire is the easiest way to move the "Y" dollies. If that was too difficult then the pintle hook at the rear of the tractor is your best friend. And with the "Y" dollies, there is no lifting involved, the landing gear crank handle is your next best friend.
“Y” is that??

Our tractors didn't have pintle hooks, my best friend was always the telephone, call dispatcher, send help, I'll be here when he gets here.

PS - I hurt my back just taking the photo. But I heard it on good authority that these dollies would only be used in places where the drop/hook area is paved (preferably with concrete), perfectly level, and with no cracks or ruts in the paved surface.
We don't have any places like that at 326. Our yard is just patch on top of patch on top of patch. Our good dolly pads that were concrete have been covered up with asphalt for many years. Patch on top of patch.